Club Companies & Social Media

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the major equipment companies are on Facebook and Twitter and I know many of you follow them. So here is my question, which one of them do you think does the best job?

Now this is not a popularity contest or a "This is my favorite company so I am picking them" contest, but I am really looking for input here. I think some companies do an incredible job of communicating with golfers and others not as much. But truth be told, I want to hear what you guys/gals think about the communication from them.

So what say you...

I've always noticed Callaway doing a lot with their social media (especially Twitter).

Nike does a great job of responding to tweets and FB posters. Wilson Staff is also unbelievable.

My favorite is SeeMore, but I also know that they are a very specialized fish in a broad pond.

Sligo has one of the best twitter accounts out of all the companies. Callaway is another good tweeter.

Nike and Taylormade for facebook.

Even though ive only just begun to do the twitter thing and follow companies on Facebook. What Cleveland was willing to do for one-t was pretty amazing.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I don't want to sound homerish here, but Callaway hired the perfect person to be in charge of the social media.

I think SCOR does a great job of responding to people, as well as posting great information on Facebook.

From what I have seen in my short time following companies I would say Callaway and Cleveland seem to be the most responsive in their media.

Callaway does an AMAZING job, if you ask me. They aren't afraid to acknowledge their consumers and talk equipment with them. TaylorMade does a phenomenal job as well.

My favorites are probably:

Callaway Golf
TaylorMade Golf
KBS Shafts
Bridgestone Golf
Nuun (though not totally golf related, they really connect with their consumer base very well)

Wilson staff was amazing for me answering questions about my Ci11s. Nike also does some really good stuff on twitter

Callaway do an amazing job on their media thanks to Chad but I notice a lot of stuff on facebook coming from Taylormade/Adidas. While i'm on twitter i'm not a very active tweeter but Callaway have it hands downs

I don't mess with Twitter that much as I prefer The Facebook. That said a few companies stand out to me, Nike and TaylorMade. Each seems to always have a few post in my feed, whether it is gear or something featuring their staff. Bridgestone also does a great job engaging via social media, often replying quickly to questions or comments in their page. Things like this certainly weigh heavily in my mind when I'm shopping for equipment or apparel because these companies do a great job of maintaining product visibility.

Lately I've seen an big improvement from Callaway and Cleveland (across all lines), if that trend continues they may supplant one of the three I mentioned earlier.

Taylormade does the best job, Callaway second-I think callaway could do better on the social media side-great company

TM does amazing job pulling together social media with players on TV, twitter, facebook, contests, and other stuff.

I honestly think TM does it better than anyone through all there brands. All the OEMs do a solid job but TM just stands out.

The first company that comes to mind is SeeMore, I know they are specialized, but they do a great job overall!

I believe tmag does a great job as do Nike and titleist. I like tmag because it seems they filter
more spam stuff out of there pages. I like Nike on fb as they always have the little challenges going on. Titleist is always updating something as are the others. Tmag I feel also responds the best from what I have posted.

Taylormade never ever responds. I'll take a company who's active, present, and talks to their fans (Callaway, W/S, Cleveland). I think they all do a great job.

I'm a big fan of how Cleveland handles theirs, Callaway does a pretty dang awesome job too though.

Based on the criteria TC set, I'd have to say Bridgestone leads the way. They are active, respond to fans and embrace feedback.

Based on the criteria TC set, I'd have to say Bridgestone leads the way. They are active, respond to fans and embrace feedback.

Are they active? I only see 3 tweets since the 13th, however I am not on Facebook and that could be what you meant.

Taylormade never ever responds. I'll take a company who's active, present, and talks to their fans (Callaway, W/S, Cleveland). I think they all do a great job.

TaylorMade is sporadic. Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't. But I agree, from a talking it up with their consumers standpoint, Cleveland, Callaway, Cleveland and others lead the way. I think where TaylorMade maybe gets the edge, is bringing the tour and the pros, to their fans. Not that the others are lacking, but TaylorMade usually has some pretty wicked, behind the scenes, inside the ropes stuff go out on social media.

Are they active? I only see 3 tweets since the 13th.

Only if one of their staffers is in the hunt.

Back