Club Companies & Social Media

Lots of great thoughts in here guys. I appreciate you taking the time to throw your thoughts together.

I loved what Bridgestone did on the social media side for MC 2.0. I thought they showed how the proper use of Twitter and Facebook could make a company more appealing.

I think Callaway does a good job as well. I know when I used to throw a picture on FB about a Callaway club I'd get a response back from them very quickly. Their twitter stuff has gotten better over the last year as well.

Another company that I think does a brilliant job is KBS. Now I know they don't make clubs, but they are very active on both Twitter and Facebook. They are on seemingly all the time and they offer a lot of contests to drum up interest in their product.

I probably see the most tour-sponsored information out of TaylorMade, but Callaway really impresses me with their interaction with users. Seems like every company has a different idea about what they want to use social media for, whether it's supplying information, using it for advertising/promotion, or using it to provide a different layer of customer service/communication. I don't know that there is a right or wrong tact at this point, but it is obvious with the ones I follow that the goals are not all the same.

My top 2 would be Callaway and Cleveland. They do a great job of interacting and responding. HashTagChad is awesome for Callaway on twitter. They are very responsive. Also honorary mention to Ping. I was shocked to see their level of interaction on twitter with fans. It was quite nice.

I probably see the most tour-sponsored information out of TaylorMade, but Callaway really impresses me with their interaction with users. Seems like every company has a different idea about what they want to use social media for, whether it's supplying information, using it for advertising/promotion, or using it to provide a different layer of customer service/communication. I don't know that there is a right or wrong tact at this point, but it is obvious with the ones I follow that the goals are not all the same.

Well said AD.

to be fair, i only follow...TMaG, Bridgestone, Cleveland and Callaway. so i can't fairly rate any other companies...

i think TMaG and Cleveland do the best on Facebook and they all run a pretty close tie on Twitter.
each company does a nice job in repping their athletes, gear, and events week after week.

Overall I'm going to say Nike, they have an excellent series of photos that they put out, and that they use to challenge the reader and spur conversation. They also tie this into their company motto of "Just do it". Pretty good interaction with the consumers that post.

Responsiveness goes to Wilson Staff, they have answered specific questions people have asked. Contrasting this is Taylormade. While I think their WITB photos are great, the only time you see them interact with the fans is to get all defensive when they are asked why they aren't showing putters or wedges in the bag.

Callaway is number two. I really like their challenge they have going on right now with the bags.

I don't really see much from Cleveland and Bridgestone unless they have a guy in the mix.

I said this on Twitter yesterday and I'll say it again here. Callaway is IMO the absolute best. From interacting with fans on twitter to Facebook updates to their tour blog, I just think they are at the present moment, the best out there.

I was going to start a whole new thread for this, but instead I'll just expand on this one as it's on the same theme.

With so much emphasis today on connecting with the customer via social media marketing strategies (i.e. #grandaddy, Mizuno play like a pro, Social Era Clothing, Callaway, etc.) what do you feel, in your opinion, is the actual results of these campaigns? Which ones are successful for company branding, which ones actually "grow the business," and which ones move the sales needles?

I think we've seen a pretty big difference in the amount of Callaway talk and the amount of gear in people's bags. It works imo. Not a complete solution, but it's an important component.

I think we've seen a pretty big difference in the amount of Callaway talk and the amount of gear in people's bags. It works imo. Not a complete solution, but it's an important component.

To me, a company who responds to my questions as timely as Callaway gets my business. It helps that their products are awesome.

I would agree with that summation, but what about their campaign (twitter, instagram, contests, responsive/relavant conversations etc.) do you think caused that?

To me, a company who responds to my questions as timely as Callaway gets my business. It helps that their products are awesome.
Customer service STILL goes a long way! The product is there....now the service is there. Great combo.

Customer service STILL goes a long way! The product is there....now the service is there. Great combo.
You got that right, even a good product with bad customer service can sour you to it. But Social media interaction does play a huge role into the service and feeling you get from a company!

I started thinking about this more over the last few days.

This will be a semi-rant but still on subject.

I absolutely hate when a company "shows off" something on social media that they either have no intent, desire, it plan to release to the public.

Whether it be club stamping, apparel, accessories, etc.

Don't ask my opinion of how much I want/like something without any intention of making it possible for me to get said product. And furthermore, don't ignore me when I ask how I can get said product.

Cheers to the companies that have fun with it and either make product available for purchase or have fun giveaways/contents for said product.

I absolutely hate when a company "shows off" something on social media that they either have no intent, desire, it plan to release to the public.

Don't ask my opinion of how much I want/like something without any intention of making it possible for me to get said product. And furthermore, don't ignore me when I ask how I can get said product.

Cheers to the companies that have fun with it and either make product available for purchase or have fun giveaways/contents for said product.

All the tour stuff and such??? I think I agree with one exception (because it's so stupid awesome)..

Spoiler
557655_10153035736140640_1640395640_n.jpg

All the tour stuff and such??? I think I agree with one exception (because it's so stupid awesome)..

Spoiler
557655_10153035736140640_1640395640_n.jpg

I understand tour specific stuff that's not feasible for a general public release. But smaller things that are just flaunted and there is a demand for by the public.

I read comments from viewers on social media and know that they share similar thoughts as me.

After so much of it, it causes me to stop even commenting about how cool something is, etc.

I guess when I see how some companies really "get it", I'm still surprised/disappointed to see how some others don't get it at all.

I understand tour specific stuff that's not feasible for a general public release. But smaller things that are just flaunted and there is a demand for by the public.

I read comments from viewers on social media and know that they share similar thoughts as me.

After so much of it, it causes me to stop even commenting about how cool something is, etc.

I guess when I see how some companies really "get it", I'm still surprised/disappointed to see how some others don't get it at all.
Is it a certain bright yellow ball marker?

I want one too.

I want one too.

That's a decent example....but wasn't the sole reason for my post.

Just agitated me and I needed to share. :)

That's a decent example....but wasn't the sole reason for my post.

Just agitated me and I needed to share. :)
No doubt dude, and I share your feelings on that.

I generally don't mind it. One example sticks out in my mind though, and it slightly irked me as well. I still want a LH X-Utility, but it will never be.

Name the companies. I've been out of the loop over the past couple of days, I want to know who they are.

And furthermore, don't ignore me when I ask how I can get said product.

On this note; I contacted PING through their website the other day about something and had an honest and clear answer within an hour. I was, quite honestly, pretty shocked.

A great point cookie, if the company is going to take the time to be out there on social media, the least they can do is try and connect with those followers and people interacting with them rather than keeping them on the fringe.
tumblr_lxb9godavZ1qe7mxjo1_250.jpg

I want one too.

I hear what you're saying Cookie.

Back