2013 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

well said playdough!

To me, and this maybe seen as harsh or short sided, if you are complaining about the the post count per month requirement then you are missing the point of this event and are in it for the wrong reasons. I see that as minimum of 200 chances to represent The Morgan Cup, your O.E., and The Hackers Paradise. If you can't see that, then The Outing or a Tour Van stop is more your speed. There is a very little to no long term committment with those events. Its an absolute honor to get choosen for The Morgan Cup and you are rewarded as such. All THP and the OE is asking for is a little of your time. We can all find a half an hour to talk about the equipment we are provided and the work we are putting in to get ready. Get up an half an hour early, go to bed half an hour late, take a half an hour at lunch if you have access at work. Thats all it takes, half an hour or hour out of a day. I know that I'm lucky in that I can access from work and have a very understanding g/f who knows that being a part of this great event and this grand opportunity is something that I'm striving for. I know that, for me, 200 posts won't be a problem, along with updating Twitter, facebook, Instagram and what ever other Social Media outlet is popular at that time.

Can't wait to read about and hear the next great announcment!
Great post buddy.

I really like the direction of The Morgan Cup3.0 A more professional approach is only going to look better on the forum and to the sponsors 200 posts might sound large but really it's not look at everything you get to rep bags 14 clubs shoes clothing belts buckles hats sunglasses balls gloves and god knows what else might come. It is also the responsibility of the other forum members to get involved the more questions and intrigue we have the more the staffers can post. The Morgan Cup is all of the THP community representing the sponsons and JB and GG through the various threads for the event. On another note of $0.02 is I think all staffers should be Albatross members but that decision is also not mine to make.

I really like the direction of The Morgan Cup3.0 A more professional approach is only going to look better on the forum and to the sponsors 200 posts might sound large but really it's not look at everything you get to rep bags 14 clubs shoes clothing belts buckles hats sunglasses balls gloves and god knows what else might come. It is also the responsibility of the other forum members to get involved the more questions and intrigue we have the more the staffers can post. The Morgan Cup is all of the THP community representing the sponsons and JB and GG through the various threads for the event. On another note of $0.02 is I think all staffers should be Albatross members but that decision is also not mine to make.

That would be nice to see in the future.

Maybe there can be threads for each individual so members can ask them questions.

i've got lots of jokes about all this 200 count nonsense, but i'll stay serious and on-topic. but can we please talk about something else?
here, i'll start...

no offense to anyone else, but i think Hawk and TC took the best pictures of their equipment, this past MC. any suggestions for cameras/devices used? any other input for pics otherwise since it was made a point of emphasis for this next event?
thanks.

Maybe there can be threads for each individual so members can ask them questions.

i like your enthusiasm, but don't think that is such a good idea.
there are specific threads for each piece of equipment that THPer's can browse into and ask, so i don't really think there's a need for each MC staffer to have their own thread. i would think a PM to that member but serve that purpose, if it needed to be a one-on-one question.

Thanks for the compliment, Tyler. I don't think you need a DSLR, but a decent digi camera and some good lighting will make for good eyecandy. I have a big chip/low pixel camera that I do all my equipment shooting with. Nikon P7100 I think.

Tyno, most cameras will work if you take the time and use proper lighting. Crop pics if necessary, use a decent background (or white) and for the love of everything holy, try not to get your feet in the picture. Nobody wants to see feet when looking at a golf club.

i've got lots of jokes about all this 200 count nonsense, but i'll stay serious and on-topic. but can we please talk about something else?
here, i'll start...

no offense to anyone else, but i think Hawk and TC took the best pictures of their equipment, this past MC. any suggestions for cameras/devices used? any other input for pics otherwise since it was made a point of emphasis for this next event?
thanks.
I was going to ask that question as well. I need a new Camera, so my as well find out what other guys were using.

Tyno, most cameras will work if you take the time and use proper lighting. Crop pics if necessary, use a decent background (or white) and for the love of everything holy, try not to get your feet in the picture. Nobody wants to see feet when looking at a golf club.

I dont know JB, CoolBreeze got some rave reviews on his talons.

here, i'll start...

thanks.

This is right up my alley here. I know that a lot of current cell phone cameras are around 8 megapixels which would definitely do the job, but there are plenty of easy to use point and shoot cameras that are relatively inexpensive and in the 12+ megapixel range.

I am partial to my Nikon SLR and would be using that extensively for my equipment photos if I were a staffer, but one certainly doesn't need a huge camera to get the job done.

Small chips in cell phone cameras though and proper lighting is an absolute must.

That would be nice to see in the future.

I agree, but that's not always so easy for everyone. Lots to keep up with and whatnot. I think a good idea regarding this for a lot of people that aren't around as much would be to take one equipment thread from the MC and try to stay on top of that one and stick around in it. That's what I did this year with the 588 irons thread to an extent. I had a bunch of time on here unlike a lot of folks, so I popped in and out of other threads, but I think I read just about every post in that thread and asked questions/made comments wherever I could. If just about every active member did that I think there would be a lot of participation from both the staffers and regular forum members. Just my thoughts anyways.

Yep. Get those clubs outside or find a good spot in the house that is well lit. The nice thing about more expensive cameras is you don't have to use a flash in many situations.

Small chips in cell phone cameras though and proper lighting is an absolute must.

Ah, very true, forgot about some noise issues that one might have without the right lighting using a cell phone camera. Great point.

I try to take all my pics outside Tyler. I also use a Nikon (D7000). I figure anyone with kids should have a decent digital camera. I also upload my pics to photobucket where I can crop them and make them look nice if need be. I like natural lighting the best. I also enjoy taking pictures of my gear. That certainly makes it more fun. I appreciate the compliment man, that's kind of you.

I agree, but that's not always so easy for everyone. Lots to keep up with and whatnot. I think a good idea regarding this for a lot of people that aren't around as much would be to take one equipment thread from the MC and try to stay on top of that one and stick around in it. That's what I did this year with the 588 irons thread to an extent. I had a bunch of time on here unlike a lot of folks, so I popped in and out of other threads, but I think I read just about every post in that thread and asked questions/made comments wherever I could. If just about every active member did that I think there would be a lot of participation from both the staffers and regular forum members. Just my thoughts anyways.

I think if people talked equipment, MC equipment or not, and avoided the off-topic forum more often we'd all be better off :)

I was going to ask that question as well. I need a new Camera, so my as well find out what other guys were using.

You guy should check out the photography thread Lots of people with some serious knowledge I'm sure they can help everyone get the most out of whatever equipment you are shooting with
lol about no feet in the pics

TC does most of his pictures outside about mid day. I think natural light is some of the best light you can use. Most of the time with natural light you don't need a flash that will reflect off of chrome on the clubs.

This drives me absolutely crazy.

Its easy to realize the 200 posts shouldn't even be a second thought to those interested in the MC. Bring it on!

much better conversation now...

thanks guys. appreciate that feedback.
my biggest issue is the awful lighting in my house, which i'm working on fixing hopefully soon. once i was able to move outside, pics were much better (588 irons)
the BB takes okay pictures, but i scrapped that and started using my Galaxy tablet for everything. takes good pics, different modes, and instant upload is a great feature.
we have a digital camera as well, but i am never the one using it...

i guess i didn't think my pictures were horrible (except the ones with poor lighting) but always looking for ideas and tips and how other members are going about...

much better conversation now...

thanks guys. appreciate that feedback.
my biggest issue is the awful lighting in my house, which i'm working on fixing hopefully soon. once i was able to move outside, pics were much better (588 irons)
the BB takes okay pictures, but i scrapped that and started using my Galaxy tablet for everything. takes good pics, different modes, and instant upload is a great feature.
we have a digital camera as well, but i am never the one using it...

i guess i didn't think my pictures were horrible (except the ones with poor lighting) but always looking for ideas and tips and how other members are going about...

Take the deer heads down?

If the lighting stinks, put it on a whiteboard!

Back