2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay is good for me! I am drowning in work & not"ready" for the announcement!

I think the Buzz around next years Morgan cup is pretty cool, there's a lot of activity in here. It's good to see so many people excited about the event, that's exactly what it's going to take to top 2012.

Just when you least expect it.......BOOM!!!! I have never attended an event or anything being that I am new but JB is a master at holding the cards and then playing the big guns!

Just when you least expect it.......BOOM!!!! I have never attended an event or anything being that I am new but JB is a master at holding the cards and then playing the big guns!

You my friend are a brainiack, the Alfred Hitchcock of the golf world

Lets talk about potential sponsors for the MC 3.0.

Who do you guys think the 3 are going to be this time? Any returners or newbies?

I will leave my thoughts out for now, but come back in a bit to post them.

Who do you guys think the 3 are going to be this time? Any returners or newbies?

Well, are we sure it's only 3? I definitely have some thoughts, my guess is that we will not see the same ones.

Well, are we sure it's only 3? I definitely have some thoughts, my guess is that we will not see the same ones.

I guess you never know if it is just 3. Who are you thinking?

I don't know...Bridgestone and Callaway in particular seemed VERY pleased about how the MC2 went. But hey, JB and GG do enjoy mixing things up...and more than 3 sponsors for the MC3 would be pretty darn cool.

I think there might be a little behind the scenes competition from some of the potential sponsors based on how well 2012 went in terms of equipment reviews. I thought we saw some great info on some items that may not have gotten as much talk as they did without the MC.

I have some thoughts but I will keep them to myself. I think we see at least two new sponsors.

I think there might be a little behind the scenes competition from some of the potential sponsors based on how well 2012 went in terms of equipment reviews. I thought we saw some great info on some items that may not have gotten as much talk as they did without the MC.

I think this is true. I bet there are some other companies chomping at the bit to get in. Think how well it did for the 588 line and J40 line. Wow!

Everyone is putting out some great equipment right now, I am sure there will be some great sponsors this year.

I am lead in thinking that Callaway would want to be back, but then maybe theyve been here for two years and they are happy to move on?

To me, I would be surprised if bridgestone did not return. At some points throughout the process, it seemed like they had just as much excitement and enthusiasm as the MCers did! You can tell an attitude of a company that wants to do the bare minimum and get it over with, and I did not get that vibe from Bstone.

I cant picture another three sponsors stepping into something like this, but hey, I didnt expect these three this year too!

I won't even guess because they will go above and beyond my wildest expectations as always

I was just going to ask JB about this. After an awesome event 2 years in a row, do you go to the sponsors and ask, or do they come to you to ask? Genuinely curious from an event management POV...

I guess you never know if it is just 3. Who are you thinking?

For some reason, I see either TaylorMade or Nike being involved this next year. Just got a feeling I guess...

For some reason, I see either TaylorMade or Nike being involved this next year. Just got a feeling I guess...

I would like to see Nike. I know they did a testing with THP and it went well, but had some issues. I would like to see the MC show them how THP really does it.

I am not sure about TM.

Very interesting.

I was just going to ask JB about this. After an awesome event 2 years in a row, do you go to the sponsors and ask, or do they come to you to ask? Genuinely curious from an event management POV...

I wonder that as well. I have a feeling that other companies had their eyes on the event.

Unfortunately I do not give out too much behind the scenes info on our relationships, because its not fair to the companies we work with as a whole. But to answer your question the best I can, companies are invited to participate.

I can appreciate that. Thanks

Unfortunately I do not give out too much behind the scenes info on our relationships, because its not fair to the companies we work with as a whole. But to answer your question the best I can, companies are invited to participate.

I could definitely see TaylorMade wanting to have another shot. Nike would be an interesting new sponsor. I could also see Cobra trying to get into the action as well.

that would be fantastic...more quality companies joining MC 3.0? +1000

Adams or Mizuno would be cool to get in for the first time. I know personally I love the Adams line of clubs from top to bottom!

Adams or Mizuno would be cool to get in for the first time. I know personally I love the Adams line of clubs from top to bottom!

Well, with Adams recently being bought out, I think we are much more likely to see their parent company represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back