Forum Testing Signup - Pro Mental Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be curious to see what the testers think of what the mental coach does for their mental discipline off the course as well.

This is bound to be very interesting. One of the more overlooked aspects of the game for us amateurs I reckon.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? I've improved in this aspect but I still get annoyed at a bad shot for a bit too long.

2. Do you struggle with putting? Yes. I put it down to a lack of practice, although the shorter missed putts frustrate me often.

3.have you ever tried a mental coach? No. I've read a couple of books though.

4.Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes.

Very cool opportunity....sounds fun and informative!

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Yes, I struggle with this and it's held me back...I worked hard on it last year, but I still have issues at times.
2. Do you struggle with putting? Actually NO, if I am on a good set of greens with consitant speed...but if they vary in speed..then yes
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No I haven't and I think it would be a cool concept
4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? yes, I am a very active member of the community

Thanks for the testing opportunity and good luck to everyone!

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? I would say the word is more like angry or frustrated

2. Do you struggle with putting? usually decent with it, until the other parts of my game are working well and that's when the putting seems to magically drop off and do the oposite

3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No

4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes but could be because i've just only recently joined and the conversations are relatively new to me. Honestly couldn't say how active I may be as time passes.

*Note - you mention once per week and if that also included golfing at least once per week then I can not commit or say I will be able to golf that much.

This looks like it's going to be very interesting.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Only for about 5 seconds, then I let it go.

2. Do you struggle with putting? Not really, I like to think of myself as being a pretty good putter.

3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No I haven't.

4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Oh yes, very active.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot?YES, One shot can have a huge impact on my game. I have a difficult time shaking it off and sometimes carry it with me for a few holes.
2. Do you struggle with putting?I struggle with clutch putting (Birdies,Par saves) Not with putts that I shouldn't make. The nerves creep in an cause me to push/pull
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach?Never, I've always wanted to.
4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes I'm active, I post when I have something to add. I don't waste space with useless posts, just to up my numbers like some do though

Really looking forward to this. What a great oppurtunity, I have heard a lot of great things.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Sometimes. I'm a relatively emotional player, and while one shot is not normally enough to get me down, multiple shots through a round start to grind on me. I have a tendency to get more "frustrated" than down. Should add that I get frustrated or down when my early results don't meet my expectations with regard to score, more than shot-to-shot. I have trouble coming back from a couple early bogeys.

2. Do you struggle with putting? Likely not more than most - but it's far from my strength. When I do putt poorly, I tend to find myself lacking focus.

3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No. I've read some books on the mental side, but seem to lack the focus to put it into action!

4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? More and more active all the time. Loving this place.

Should be a fun testing! I think this could have advantages outside of golf, too!

Last edited:
this is interesting, and I curious as to what the results will be.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Sometimes. Other times I don't get down on myself, but I might lose confidence.

2. Do you struggle with putting? Sometimes. I often feel like I am lacking concentration.

3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No.

4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? No, I just think about what I did wrong to produce that shot.
2. Do you struggle with putting? Yes
4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes

Thanks for another awesome testing opportunity!

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? I'd like to say no, but sometimes I do. I have gotten a lot better at controlling my emotions on the golf course this year, and don't get down on myself much anymore.

2. Do you struggle with putting? Yes, I do. I had 38 putts the other day.

3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No I have not. I have listened to some audio books on the mental side of the game, but have not talked to anyone personally.

4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes, I do.

I've got to get to signing up before it closes!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Heck Yoc you are like a guru with this mental stuff dude. You probably wrote the book.

TMex you are a mental giant!!

I keep forgetting to sign up for this I'm gonna do it as soon as I get home tonight!

I need this. My coach *attempts* to give me a deep speach on how my mental focus and stuff about not believing I can do better is hurting me, positive focus stuff all the time..

Nice testing opportunity, thanks to THP and ProMentalCoach for putting this out there.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Yes, very much so
2. Do you struggle with putting? Yes, I tend to rush things and not take my time
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? Nope
4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yup.

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? I do, but not as much as in the past.
2. Do you struggle with putting? Yes, but I am working very hard at consistency.
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? I currently am listening to the Dr. Bob Rotella CD pack.

:drinks:

1. Yes, I sometimes find a bad shot, or hole can really change round for me.
2. Absolutely. I honestly believe with a decent putting game I could easily be a scratch golfer. It's definitely the area of my game I am most unhappy with
3. No, finding a good swing coach in my area is hard enough. I've honestly never even considered a mental coach.
4. Yes, I am on THP daily and consider myself an active member with on topic and meaningful conversation for the most part.

Thanks THP and Pro Mental Coach for this opportunity!

Golf is played in the 5 1/2 inch inch course between our ears

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Sometimes. I try to reset and thing positive but it doesn't always work
2. Do you struggle with putting? Occassionally but not as much as the longer game.
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No. I've only played one on TV
4. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Debatable (See active poster thread)

The JH

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? Occasionally, I try to tell myself I'm not good enough to get that upset. Doesn't always work though.
2. Do you struggle with putting? Worst part of my game
3. Have you ever tried a mental coach? No sir

1. Do you get down on yourself after a bad shot? One shot, not so much; multiple bad shots, especially back to back, yes
2. Do you struggle with putting? I am the world's greatest putter...at least that's what I tell myself

I'm kind of disapointed and shocked at the low # of replies to this thread. If this was a testing opportunity for a new club I'm guessing there would be 10x as many replies and I think this product could improve many people's game much more than a club. Let's go folks!

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

This testing could be a complete game-changer for the golfers selected! Get in here people and sign up!

This testing has me more excited than any hardgood ever would. I look forward to hearing how everyone does with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back