Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you bid with so much time left! I'm a last 15 seconds kind of guy myself.
I usually am too, but I have a strategy this time.
I put one on my Scotty and ripped it off within a week. Muted feedback and reduced accuracy for me.. My putting has been a mess since.
Hmmm...

I put one on my Scotty and ripped it off within a week. Muted feedback and reduced accuracy for me.. My putting has been a mess since.

Yeah blame the grip chief....haha

I've heard good things about the Super Stroke slim, who just regripped theirs with it?

Winn Lite is my favorite, Wake.

These are the two leaders right now. They don't make either one in a solid color do they? I'm a boring guy I guess but I prefer boring grips.

I've heard good things about the Super Stroke slim, who just regripped theirs with it?

I'm going to regrip mine with that soon

I'm a BIG fan of the SS Ultra Slim. More like an upper mid to me, and I adore the reverse taper on it.

There is a pretty plain gray version, but it's heavier and not as soft as the Lite I think.

I am liking the Lamkin E.B.L. midsize paddle, or maybe the Iomic Jumbo. I will probably just go into Golfsmith and pick my favorite they have.

The one thing I do know is that hideous Yes thing is coming off. Seriously who thought that was a good idea.

I am liking the Lamkin E.B.L. midsize paddle, or maybe the Iomic Jumbo. I will probably just go into Golfsmith and pick my favorite they have.

The one thing I do know is that hideous Yes thing is coming off. Seriously who thought that was a good idea.

Definitely check out the EBL first hand. I love mine, but it's a bit heavier than expected. Not bad at all, just totally different from the Iomic.

The Lamkin grips feel really nice. A little on the firm side, but nice and tacky.

I swear if for some reason I dont get it, and we play, and you pull this out of your bag. It will be leaving the course with me.

Haha I'd never IJ a THP'er for an ebay listing. Karma and all that.

I'm pondering what grip to throw on my Yes putter when I pick it up Monday. I hate that stupid stock thing they put on it. I really like the Golf Pride Player's Wrap, but I am thinking of going to a larger grip, maybe midsize.
You could always just go 3-4 wraps under the Player's Wrap and it will be mid-sized!

Check out the tour classic. It starts as midsize, and looks like it'd be easy to build up a little.

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/Default.aspx?cat=putter&grip=tourclassic

I'll let you know how the tour classic works out. Just ordered a red one for my Seemore off the bay for <$10... I'm guessing/hoping it will be a bit bigger than the Iomic midsize, which seemed pretty close to standard to me. If not, I'll definitely be building it up.

You could always just go 3-4 wraps under the Player's Wrap and it will be mid-sized!

Valid point!

That is a solid option and one I honestly hadn't considered for some reason.

I'll let you know how the tour classic works out. Just ordered a red one for my Seemore off the bay for <$10... I'm guessing/hoping it will be a bit bigger than the Iomic midsize, which seemed pretty close to standard to me. If not, I'll definitely be building it up.

Valid point!

I appreciate that.

I appreciate that.

No worries! Its been a while since I randomly bought something. LOL. Figured the red would look good with the Seemore and I really don't like standard grips anymore.

Pondering a new shaft for my Titleist 910 D3. I was fitted for the driver last summer but they only had the "made for" shafts. It's 8.5* but it's set at D4. I believe that means it's closed and a lower loft. The current shaft is an x-stiff Ahina. I've got a nice boring tradjectory which i love. I'm just missing with it too much. I know it's usually the swing but i'd like to try some different shafts. Recommendations? I've read the thread on the Nunchuk and i've swung a D3 with the RIP stiff.

Pondering a new shaft for my Titleist 910 D3. I was fitted for the driver last summer but they only had the "made for" shafts. It's 8.5* but it's set at D4. I believe that means it's closed and a lower loft. The current shaft is an x-stiff Ahina. I've got a nice boring tradjectory which i love. I'm just missing with it too much. I know it's usually the swing but i'd like to try some different shafts. Recommendations? I've read the thread on the Nunchuk and i've swung a D3 with the RIP stiff.

I have a graffaloy axis red 60x I could throw a 910 tip on...?

I'd tap that again with Tapatalk

I got a look at the black ping anser and i20 drivers. those things are purdy. the matte black finish on top really ties the room together

Pondering putters that are far more than I want to spend right now.

Pondering putters that are far more than I want to spend right now.

Welcome to the world I live in.

Although the only true putter ponders I've had for a while are my design for Kari and the MX center shafted models. I dream of those MX's.

Welcome to the world I live in.

Although the only true putter ponders I've had for a while are my design for Kari and the MX center shafted models. I dream of those MX's.

Maybe it is lucky I don't have it narrowed down. I got a quote from Kari to do a custom Bayzie, there is a rare Betti available that I have my eye on, and I really would like to get another SeeMore back in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back