First look at the Dwarves
THE-HOBBIT-DWARVES.jpg

Any of you who have watched the BBC Robin Hood series may recognise The Dwarven King Thorin Oakenshield as The Sherriff of Notingham

Saw the trailer on YT yesterday. It's pretty sparse but the look and feel seems to be very similar to the trilogy.

First look at the Dwarves
THE-HOBBIT-DWARVES.jpg

Any of you who have watched the BBC Robin Hood series may recognise The Dwarven King Thorin Oakenshield as The Sherriff of Notingham

Are those all relatives of Chunky??? I mean this could be his family tree!!

long overdue, cant wait for this one!

I cant believe this thread didnt just absolutely blow up.......

Me too. I'm pretty excited to see this but a year away?

Tap,Tap,Tap

This does look fantastic! Let the long wait begin!

Probably see more activity in here when everyone isn't doing all the last minute holiday stuff

hmmm...I reall was kidding

hmmm...I reall was kidding

I figured, but I wasn't. I loved the books all the way up as did many on this forum.

That's aweosme!! I've been watching all the Lord Of the Rings movies this week cause I'm excited for this.

I cannot wait for this. I watched some behind-the-scenes stuff on YouTube and it, along with this new trailer, has got me INCREDIBLY excited.

looking forward to this, Im not a big opening weekend guy when it comes to movies, but might not have a choice for this one

I forgot this movie was even coming out. I did read the book years ago so I might go see it. I did like the LOTR movies.

I am actually going to go to Florida to marathon LotR with my friends and then go to the midnight showing of The Hobbit.

I also have to thank Jersey Nate for pointing me to the behind the scenes Hobbit stuff. It was awesome.

My inner geek is interested!

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Wow that 2nd trailer is awesome, I just reread The Hobbit and I'm about half way through Two Towers of the LOTR trilogy. Looking forward to this movie.

I finally got started reading the Hobbit, the more I see the previews the more excited I am for this.

Wish I had the original books still that were hand me downs from my dad. I can't wait for this movie to come out. Took me a bit to get into the LOTR movies. I had to force myself to sit through the first one for some reason, but I enjoyed the rest. This one looks awesome. Does anyone remember the animated feature they would show on TV around Christmas time I believe? It was broken up into two parts, but I only ever saw the first half. I never saw where they would broadcast the second half.

I finally got started reading the Hobbit, the more I see the previews the more excited I am for this.

It was one of my favorite books! unfortunately I left it in Germany with a friend! DAng!

Why will there be more than one movie? Isn't there just one book?Kevin

I think they will break it up due to the length and detail of the book, similar to the way they broke the final Harry Potter movie up into 2 so they wouldn't have to cut out alot of detail

I don't know if this is still the case, BUT...

The original idea was to cover the entire book in movie 1. Then the second one, using Tolkein's writings and in conjunction with his estate, was going to fill the gap between the end of the novel, "The Hobbit," and the first "Lord of the Rings" book.

So if that's still the plan (which is my unsubstantiated guess...), I'm not sure how I feel about it. It will be a retroactive decision on my part. If they're both awesome, it was a great idea, one of the best in modern film making. If they're not so good, or if the 2nd one isn't up to par, then it was a terrible, senseless choice. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I don't know if this is still the case, BUT...

The original idea was to cover the entire book in movie 1. Then the second one, using Tolkein's writings and in conjunction with his estate, was going to fill the gap between the end of the novel, "The Hobbit," and the first "Lord of the Rings" book.

So if that's still the plan (which is my unsubstantiated guess...), I'm not sure how I feel about it. It will be a retroactive decision on my part. If they're both awesome, it was a great idea, one of the best in modern film making. If they're not so good, or if the 2nd one isn't up to par, then it was a terrible, senseless choice. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I believe you are right, but I don't know that the entire hobbit will be in the first movie. I was skeptical, but I am very optimistic because of the very reasons you stated. We have Christopher Tolkien to thank for things like The Similarion, The Children of Hurin, etc. I believe that Peter Jackson will keep the purity of the story line intact. What I would love to see would be the rise and fall of Morgoth (Sauron's master before Sauron became the supreme evil in Middle Earth).

Trailer #2 out now................

Oh My Gosh Oh My Gosh Oh My Gosh Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! They did a great job on the LOTR trilogy, so I have high hopes for this! They better not let us all down!!!!!!

Back