The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first weekend of the season that I didn't play golf. I really enjoyed watching the games on the RedZone channel. Makes the viewing more exciting.

And I'm happy because even though KC sucked again, my wife's teams (SF and NE) both won.

Aaron Rodgers is still the greatest invention in the history always.

He does, but could you also not say that both look like Vince Young his rookie year? Great at times, awful at others. But if you seriously go back and look at the Cam Newton stat lines and games for his entire career, I think you might be surprised with what you see.

Obviously just my opinion and I am no way (and have not) said he will not end up progressing, but to say he is not regressing right now would be incorrect. I also don't buy the argument about lack of talent. He has a great veteran in Smith (who tore into him again 2 weeks ago). Brandon Lafell bailed him out on two occasions today with incredible catches. And he has a running game and a serviceable TE.

However if you watch the games or the highlights, you will repeatedly see that they have to still cut half the field off on passing plays, a guy that holds the ball too long and outside of the weak side option, has very little success so far this year. And today was the worst he has looked and some could argue that with each game this year he has looked worse.

I think the talent is there, but it takes more than that and if the guy's head is not right and he is not learning enough week in and week out, he is in trouble. All of those are "ifs", but the proof is in the pudding. He started out like a house of fire in this league and has since "been figured out" so to speak and added no new dimensions. I hope that changes.

Its hard to argue with today's game as he did look pretty bad and has this year. Is it a guy that's "been figured out" by defensive coordinators, a guy that isn't working or prepping as hard this year or is that talent around him really not that good? Lafell? Not exactly talent. Serviceable for sure. And running game? Cam is the running game this year. Now is that his fault or the play calling or the defense? I honestly don't know the answer to that one but that talent isnt really all that scary.

It sure does take more then talent as Young, Russel and others have proven but I think that Cam has more then just talent. Hopefully he hasnt gotten lazy and is slowly turning into one of those QB's that thinks the game is just going to come easy to him with little off the field work. I guess no one really knows around here what the guy is doing off the field but hopefully he doesnt let money and distractions bring him down. Guess we will find out though.

Its hard to argue with today's game as he did look pretty bad and has this year. Is it a guy that's "been figured out" by defensive coordinators, a guy that isn't working or prepping as hard this year or is that talent around him really not that good? Lafell? Not exactly talent. Serviceable for sure. And running game? Cam is the running game this year. Now is that his fault or the play calling or the defense? I honestly don't know the answer to that one but that talent isnt really all that scary.

It sure does take more then talent as Young, Russel and others have proven but I think that Cam has more then just talent. Hopefully he hasnt gotten lazy and is slowly turning into one of those QB's that thinks the game is just going to come easy to him with little off the field work. I guess no one really knows around here what the guy is doing off the field but hopefully he doesnt let money and distractions bring him down. Guess we will find out though.

Your right on this one. Only time will tell. Tony Dungy had some interesting thoughts today. His words were something to the effect of "teams seemed to have figured him out. Making him move left, stay from going laterally and eliminating the weak option with a roamer. New wrinkles have to be added and now to see where the guy is and where he is going."

I think that tells it all really and explains what I think everybody is thinking.

Your right on this one. Only time will tell. Tony Dungy had some interesting thoughts today. His words were something to the effect of "teams seemed to have figured him out. Making him move left, stay from going laterally and eliminating the weak option with a roamer. New wrinkles have to be added and now to see where the guy is and where he is going."

I think that tells it all really and explains what I think everybody is thinking.

I missed Mr. Dungy, lol which I dont really mind but those are some interesting thoughts. Do you think this is something his coaches see and notice too? And if so wouldn't they game plan to put Cam into better situations and work on these things? Specially if its something everyone is thinking and everyone sees. I think the next few weeks will be telling with the coaching staff and Cam too. I dont see why they cant fix this.

I missed Mr. Dungy, lol which I dont really mind but those are some interesting thoughts. Do you think this is something his coaches see and notice too? And if so wouldn't they game plan to put Cam into better situations and work on these things? Specially if its something everyone is thinking and everyone sees. I think the next few weeks will be telling with the coaching staff and Cam too. I dont see why they cant fix this.

I agree with a lot of that. Sometimes you can plan for everything in the world but it falls apart or can't be executed. I think the truly telling game is the next one, because there is plenty of time off before it and based on Cam's own thoughts after the game, he knows how badly he played.

The Seachickens are coming.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

The Seachickens are coming.

Valid point Breezy. The Hawks defense is legit no wonder Cam struggled after what they did to Romo and the Cowboys vaunted offense.. :bulgy-eyes:

Valid point Breezy. The Hawks defense is legit no wonder Cam struggled after what they did to Romo and the Cowboys vaunted offense.. :bulgy-eyes:

Lol I like my team this year, and they are better than I thought they would be.

Cam did not look good though, the Seachickens defense is good but not that good.

Drew Brees breaks Johnny U's record with a TD pass in 48 consecutive games! About the only thing us Saints fans will be able to cheer about this year.

Drew Brees breaks Johnny U's record with a TD pass in 48 consecutive games! About the only thing us Saints fans will be able to cheer about this year.

Enjoy that moment its probably the only good one for the whole year for the who dats.

I blame Mike Shula for all of Cam's problems.

Question, how is it when an offensive lineman, so a tackle, moves around to hear a check call not considered a false start? Yet in another scenario a twitch of the head is 5 yards. I mean he could have thought he heard something and looked to check.

A great record setting performance for sure. Especially when they start showing him on his tippy toes and creeping over the line to try and see his receivers.

Lol I like my team this year, and they are better than I thought they would be.

Cam did not look good though, the Seachickens defense is good but not that good.

I disagree cool. Their D is that good. Best Seahawks D since the early 90's with Cortez Kennedy. They will be in almost every game with that D. The question is how are they going to score?

The question is how are they going to score?

The scoring QB is sitting on their bench. Miracle Matt Flynn is coming. Bank on it.

Kevin

I disagree cool. Their D is that good. Best Seahawks D since the early 90's with Cortez Kennedy. They will be in almost every game with that D. The question is how are they going to score?
You might be right, their D is bad arse. If we can score even 20 points a game we will win a ton of games.

Ah, back in the Rick Mirer days, lol. The D was about the only good thing about them.

The scoring QB is sitting on their bench. Miracle Matt Flynn is coming. Bank on it.

Kevin
Agreed!!

You might be right, their D is bad arse. If we can score even 20 points a game we will win a ton of games.
they are fun to watch in person! Flying all over the field and receivers hear footsteps with the big hitters like chancellor out there. The speed of the d backs is unreal!

Ah, back in the Rick Mirer days, lol. The D was about the only good thing about them.
Yeah so bad! Tez was a beast though!

Yeah he was! I followed the Seahawks back in those days because Mirer's mom was my teacher in 2nd grade when he played for ND, and he graduated from the high school I went to. So I followed his career a little bit to see how it went. They were pretty bad but Cortez was a STUD!

Yeah he was! I followed the Seahawks back in those days because Mirer's mom was my teacher in 2nd grade when he played for ND, and he graduated from the high school I went to. So I followed his career a little bit to see how it went. They were pretty bad but Cortez was a STUD!
Mirer had a very good rookie year. Too bad it was his best year! He went downhill fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back