The Official Tiger Woods Thread

No riots just conversation about possibly the most polarizing figure in sports. It's all good Devigger...hehe

Hahaha rep when I get to my pc..haha I needed a good laugh. Thanks Buddy.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I am simply saying, it always struck me as too clever by half - especially when I first heard the reference during his early days on tour. I also whole-heartedly agree that it is highly unlikely today.

I honestly think it was a way for the tour vets to poke fun at Tiger by some how reducing him to a child's character. The guy came on tour with so much swagger that no one knew what to do with him. Little did they know they would be licking his boots one day.

I never saw that coming, isn't that a bit of a stretch? I hear tigger I think of that bouncy lisp having friend of pooh,Winnie that is
Bro, you know where I am from and where I grew up. When he became one of the most successful athletes to ever be seen, some not so nice things were often said and commented on. It wasnt right, nor was it appropriate.

Bro, you know where I am from and where I grew up. When he became one of the most successful athletes to ever be seen, some not so nice things were often said and commented on. It wasnt right, nor was it appropriate.

Yeah. A lot of the older "set in their ways" southerners can be pretty ignorant.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Some younger ones too, still. It's sad really.

I suppose you could make the case that it is a play on the kids toy, I always found it to be a little too close for comfort to another one-letter-off word for me.

If that were the case, we should never say he is "bigger" either.

I never liked the "tigger" thing, but heck, with what people call some golfers, (or people for that matter), I guess its pretty tame.

Yeah. A lot of the older "set in their ways" southerners can be pretty ignorant.

Not exactly limited to the south. There is ignorance everywhere sadly.

Not exactly limited to the south. There is ignorance everywhere sadly.

That's true. Besides Hawaii, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Philippines I e never been out of the south for more than a week or so though. So I wouldn't really know.

Meh I grew up in Georgia. The young kids loved Tiger b/c he was like a superhero golfer and the older guys hated him because he was arrogant. But never heard anything about his skin color from anyone...barring Fuzzy! lol

If that were the case, we should never say he is "bigger" either.

I never liked the "tigger" thing, but heck, with what people call some golfers, (or people for that matter), I guess its pretty tame.

Ha! I understand what you are saying, however, that interpretation is so literal as to be a non sequitur. Admittedly, when I read it again, my opinion makes an ambiguous assertion that such a thing, why it happened, was in fact true, where, in actuality, I was attempting to express simply that it felt a little too close, to me. Call it sensitivity to experiences (in Los Angeles of all places) in my past - however to be clear, I rarely, very rarely, drop the Race Card, nor am I ever referred to as sensitive.

All that being said: What did the group think about Tiger apologizing the the Ryder Cup rookies for his play - or not securing any points? I was surprised by that story - happy he has the ability to own those results. Maybe this is another step on his way to being a better ambassador in and outside the ropes.

Interesting. Maybe it would do him good to you know, play more golf.

Appearance fees aren't bad either.

tiger since the injury

tiger since the injury

idk about anyone else but as i watch tiger in asia i think he is better on courses that play more difficult... it doesnt seem that he puts up the 8 under on teh courses that play easy but hes more likely to stay 4 and 5 under on courses that play extremely difficult

idk about anyone else but as i watch tiger in asia i think he is better on courses that play more difficult... it doesnt seem that he puts up the 8 under on teh courses that play easy but hes more likely to stay 4 and 5 under on courses that play extremely difficult

I agree. He always seems to be up there when the scoring's low. He's a grinder and has been all season.

honestly my favorite rounds of the year were across the pond when ppl road him like a broken donkey bc he wasnt hitting his driver but he was like 5 under through 3 days but had a bad 4th day ... i think that spoke his his smarts and expirience which is what u get from wiley vets ... but he doesnt have those high scoring days

Merged with the Tiger Woods thread.

honestly my favorite rounds of the year were across the pond when ppl road him like a broken donkey bc he wasnt hitting his driver but he was like 5 under through 3 days but had a bad 4th day ... i think that spoke his his smarts and expirience which is what u get from wiley vets ... but he doesnt have those high scoring days

I thought it was playing scared. Having a golf swing he didn't trust with all his clubs killed him in major's this year.

c idk if id say that... its playing within himself... hes not where he once was and prb not quiet where the young guns are yet so hes doing what he can to stay in contention... 3rd place with a chnace is better then not makin teh cut

c idk if id say that... its playing within himself... hes not where he once was and prb not quiet where the young guns are yet so hes doing what he can to stay in contention... 3rd place with a chnace is better then not makin teh cut

I'm not really sure what you just said!

I don't think he gave himself a chance because when he needed to make up strokes and get it close he was still hitting an iron off the tee and a 5 iron to the green the leaders were hitting driver and 8 iron. You tell me what is a better situation to make a bird

ya ik but we saw how he was playing across his whole game and if ur not confident to hit a club well u prb wont so a 5 iron maybe harder then a 9 iron but better then in the trees... im not saying tht if/when he finds his swing it wouldnt help him to b more aggressive but making the top ten is better then only playing 2 days

So if he doesn't have the confidence to be aggressive wouldn't that be playing scared and trying to hold on rather than go after it and win? Making the top 10 is always better than playing 2 day's however, with Tiger he's not after top 10's he is hunting 1 number and that's 19 and to get to that you need all 14 clubs.

Back