Rory McIlroy To Nike?

TW shirts are a cotton/polyester blend if memory serves me correctly.

LiveBong?

I want to see Rory out there in red on a Sunday. Just for a laugh. And here I am assuming he'll be jumping in with Nike for more than clubs....

My first thought on this is that it would b bad for the sport because of the domination of the personalities on the sport would lead to a monopolistic control of the market. Luckily golf does not fall to those patterns as much as other sports.

My first thought on this is that it would b bad for the sport because of the domination of the personalities on the sport would lead to a monopolistic control of the market. Luckily golf does not fall to those patterns as much as other sports.

Ummm? Monopoly? How? We're talking a small fraction of the touring professionals.

My first thought on this is that it would be bad for the sport because of the domination of the personalities on the sport would lead to a monopolistic control of the market. Luckily golf does not fall to those patterns as much as other sports.

FIFY

I do think that the marketing machine with Nike using Rory and Tiger would be huge. I would imagine that it would be one of the most aggressive marketing campaigns the sport has ever seen.

I've noticed that a lot lately with his shirts. I guess it's the heavier weight material holding sweat, he was soaked at Congressional I believe.
I thought it was just how they were made to look? If they are holding sweat that bad then they are failing at moisture wicking. And I dont like the cotton blend at all, I thought they got away from that?

FIFY

I do think that the marketing machine with Nike using Rory and Tiger would be huge. I would imagine that it would be one of the most aggressive marketing campaigns the sport has ever seen.

No doubt. I can't see them taking this without them flooding the market

No doubt. I can't see them taking this without them flooding the market

If Nike signs Rory, the marketing will make Taylormade's R11 launch look conservative in my opinion.

At least that's what I would do if I was Nike.

LiveBong?

I want to see Rory out there in red on a Sunday. Just for a laugh. And here I am assuming he'll be jumping in with Nike for more than clubs....

I think with nike its all or nothing.

Rory and tiger might b a "small section" of the market but in terms of there dominance in the media is more then any other 3 golfers combined. Plus with these 2 Nike itself maybe the best marketing machine out there. They did it with the jordan line. I dont think they will take over the dominant share of the market because they are still going to have to make the best equipment out there. Luckily golfers are more concerned with what what fits them more then a highly marketed piece of equipment.(most of the time)

I think with nike its all or nothing.

Yep, saw this from David Dusek on Twitter: If Rory signs w/Nike, it'd be for apparel, hat, bag & shoes too.

Yep, saw this from David Dusek on Twitter: If Rory signs w/Nike, it'd be for apparel, hat, bag & shoes too.

No mention of putter.

Two things will come of this. 1 Rory will still win and 2 I wont own any Nike clubs. Love the clothes but hate the clubs

Rory and tiger might b a "small section" of the market but in terms of there dominance in the media is more then any other 3 golfers combined. Plus with these 2 Nike itself maybe the best marketing machine out there. They did it with the jordan line. I dont think they will take over the dominant share of the market because they are still going to have to make the best equipment out there. Luckily golfers are more concerned with what what fits them more then a highly marketed piece of equipment.(most of the time)

I think that is true with serious golfers, and especially golfers that are members of this forum, but I see a lot of weekenders playing clubs that clearly aren't fit for them

I think that is true with serious golfers, and especially golfers that are members of this forum, but I see a lot of weekenders playing clubs that clearly aren't fit for them

I will second this. I saw someone playing VR blades on the course and they could not even get the ball in the air.

That is true the average weekend hacker will be drawn by the media hype. Customized clubs cost a lot more money to get the bag set up as prefered. If you are making that kind of investment you are going to get it right (most of the time)

They do have the 2011 Masters jacket. And Paul Casey, who is the future of golf.

You're joking, right?! PC the future of what golf?

You're joking, right?! PC the future of what golf?

I was joking yes. Tmex, however, would not have found it funny. He drinks the Paul Casey kool-aid.

That sounded a little gross.

Oooookkkaaaaayyy, guys, let's get back to Nike haters vs. Non-haters, I mean the Rory McIlroy to Nike thread. :alien:

Please keep this to the topic at hand guys.

Oooookkkaaaaayyy, guys, let's get back to Nike haters vs. Non-haters, I mean the Rory McIlroy to Nike thread. :alien:

The irony of this post is almost too much to take.

You are right though. I think it will be weird to see Rory doffing the swoosh at first.

Anyone notice Tigers shirt from that tournament that was on TV real late? Was it actually wet or did it just look wet? Whatever it was I didnt like it.

I'm pretty sure he changed it also (along with his hat). They said the heat index was 105-110 so I think it was wet.

Back