Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I have been working on making my swing steeper and when my swing is in the slot, these irons hit the ball very well. When it is not in the slot, I get a HUGE freekin draw. It is annoying when you constantly miss greens to the left.

its also annoying to miss to the right every time, and it was annoying for JB to watch me do it on every hole....til he started yelling "aim left"

its also annoying to miss to the right every time, and it was annoying for JB to watch me do it on every hole....til he started yelling "aim left"

haha. Occasionally you will see me launch one really far right because I am used to playing the big draw.

I would agree with War Eagle as I also have a pretty steep swing with the irons and you have seen how they perform for me.

I was hoping for better:alien:

yeah man, missing right gets old fast.

haha. Occasionally you will see me launch one really far right because I am used to playing the big draw.

The 1 time I aimed left, I hit a big draw, missed the green on the par 3 and ended War eagle's 0-15 drought of winning cash on par 3's

I was hoping for better:alien:

Well, I have no doubt that you could make that happen. :angel:

For a set of irons that look awfully "playerish", they sure do offer quite a bit of forgiveness. I still think they are some of the best when it comes to turf interaction and getting to the ball pretty clean when hitting so far behind it which I often do.

Well, I have no doubt that you could make that happen. :angel:

For a set of irons that look awfully "playerish", they sure do offer quite a bit of forgiveness. I still think they are some of the best when it comes to turf interaction and getting to the ball pretty clean when hitting so far behind it which I often do.

Man I love hearing stuff like that since I have that struggle. If my season wasn't pretty much over, I would be in the ponder thread and WDYBT thread very soon. Until the spring time though

Congrats bro haha. Murphy's law.

In the end, I was sort of happy for the guy, that many events with an o-fer would have been miserable flights back to FL

The 1 time I aimed left, I hit a big draw, missed the green on the par 3 and ended War eagle's 0-15 drought of winning cash on par 3's

Dude, don't try to deny my amazing shot on that hole.

Dude, don't try to deny my amazing shot on that hole.

no comment

I would however like to talk abotu your awesome DPC shot on the other par 3 where we were trying to play through.....any comments?

I know a certain junior golfer that I jonsing to put these in his bag. For those that have played or playing them how much difference is there between the KBS Tour and the standard shafts. His SS is picking up and he wants something he can grow into/progress into.

You hit these incredibly well Cookie. We shall call you the 4bird slayer

no comment

I would however like to talk abotu your awesome DPC shot on the other par 3 where we were trying to play through.....any comments?
That shot? Just caught it a little bit thin.

I'm pondering a set of these right now so that I can start practicing with them

I'm pondering a set of these right now so that I can start practicing with them

They are just SO damn good Chunky. I often daydream about my old set, for me the i20's and DPC's are interchangeable, they're that good.

Jman do you think if I am playing with the i20's that I am getting a similar enough experience and it will be an easy transition?

Jman do you think if I am playing with the i20's that I am getting a similar enough experience and it will be an easy transition?

I honestly think it'll be more similar than you expect. The i20's are a little more forgiving on the toe (a little) but everything else was eerily similar IMHO. That said, the sole is different with the dual bevel on the DPC's and I actually wish the i20's had that. These two were literally 1A and 1B for me this year buddy. Interchangeable for my game.

Have we heard if Bridgestone is launching a new iron for 2013? Or is the same gear coming back in play?

Have we heard if Bridgestone is launching a new iron for 2013? Or is the same gear coming back in play?

It appears it will be the same fantastic J40 line.

I'm not going to lie, I would love to see a new iron launch. I don't see it happening though.

It appears it will be the same fantastic J40 line.

You don't want to oft change an iron line that is that good already.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

That's good to hear, the line is outstanding.
Chunky you'll have no issues with the DPCs. They get through it as well as any GI on the market

You don't want to oft change an iron line that is that good already.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

You're a fan now, you feed back wasn't favorable when you had the 588s

Back