2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to take lessons through the winter as well as do some training. Keeping up with my mental coach and putting work too!!

Being able to go through this experience still hasnt sunk in yet. We are really lucky.

Being able to go through this experience still hasnt sunk in yet. We are really lucky.

It won't for a long time.

If I can add to that.

What is the one thing you regret not doing more of the last time through this process, and why

being more active where it matters, here.

Nope we haven't gotten any information yet, but we got a teaser saying we will hear from our Tour Reps some time this upcoming week. I'm guessing it will be addressed then, or when we sign our contracts.

P.s. clean out your PM inbox Travis! I tried PM'ing you back the other night and your box was full.

Yeah, sorry about that. Cleaned up now. :D

I am so happy we don't have to pick our sponsor i honestly dunno if i could do it. To many great products from each OEM. i have been drooling on all of their websites and they have last years stuff on there still for the most part. had some fun designing new 588 wedges though with some Morgan Cup designs.

I am so happy we don't have to pick our sponsor i honestly dunno if i could do it. To many great products from each OEM. i have been drooling on all of their websites and they have last years stuff on there still for the most part. had some fun designing new 588 wedges though with some Morgan Cup designs.

The custom stuff through Cleveland is impressive I must say. It'd be nice for all of the OEMs jump onto a similar customizing options. Sure would make people feel more important than they already do!

I think I could if I needed to but thankful I don't for the same reasons. And remember, the websites are not even showing what will be available for us when the time comes.

Caution, EPIC Coloneling ahead!!

Well I had my first Morgan cup dream last night in relation to sponsors. If its anything like what will happen things will be verrrrry interesting!

TT on iPad

Get used to it...I had several Morgan Cup dreams last year...I think it's only natural to dream about something we put so much time and thought into.

I love that 32 guys are on the edge of their seats right now. Get used to it because it will be that way for the next 9 months. The Morgan Cup was better than anything my mind was able to imagine the first time around and I expect nothing less this time.

I agree buddy....its cool to see all the excitement, I know I went into the Morgan Cup not knowing what to expect last year and I think having some experience should help us deal with that this time around.

To the vets: What are you going to do differently this year as you prepare for the MC versus last year?

Last year, I literally took 2 lessons and both were more of a "swing evaluation" type lesson. I plan on finding a coach and working hard on my game between now and July. Last year I made the major life changing decision to quit smoking for the Morgan Cup and while I was succesful at that, I ended up gaining about 30 lbs because of it....this year my goal is to lose that 30 plus at least another 30lbs prior to July. I think it might help me add some flexibilty and distance to my game and like Howzat said....my body was toast by Sunday last year, so I hope this well help prepare me for that as well.

Its an eye opening experience the first time you go through the process. I bet you enjoy it even more this time around.

I think I will too Dean....I wanna take more time and enjoy the experience this year, once we got there like Jake said, it's like everything goes into fast forward, I am so excited about this opportunity and I really am excited that we are going back to True Blue and Caledonia...I think they are a perfect venue for this event.

If I can add to that.

What is the one thing you regret not doing more of the last time through this process, and why

I can't say practice, because Lord knows that I worked my butt off last year and was a completely different golfer from January to July....in fact JB even commented how much my game changed from May to July...but like I said early in this epic novel of a post....I want to get a coach and really focus on certain ascpects of my game and be more prepared for all the golf....your body will be a trainwreck come Sunday ( of course the rain delay and the 9 hour 2nd round I think had alot to do with that)

I am going out for a round later this morning.. I dont know if I should wear the :cleveland: , :bridgestone: hats I already have or if I should go buy a :callaway: or :cobra: hat. Maybe for now I will just stick with my :thp: hat. :D

That's the one Company you can always repp!!

I know that JB said that the MC threads will have a more serious tone this year with less misc banter. Have any of the MC team members received any guidance on how this will be achieved or how to proceed in MC threads?

I think that might be in the PM we will get this week, It said we would get some "instructions" so I am assumming that's what those will be.

I have not heard anything yet, of course I am always well behaved on the forum, unlike those guys from Texas or Ohio ( with the exception of those who will be on my team that is ) :D

You be quiet....remember there are 3 of us from Texas this year!

I think I could if I needed to but thankful I don't for the same reasons. And remember, the websites are not even showing what will be available for us when the time comes.

yeah i mean if push came to shove i'm sure everyone could but i know personally it would be a real struggle. I'm really excited about a lot of the clubs i've seen so far coming out this year.

Yeah. I don't want to face one of my friends in a match. That wouldn't be too fun. I do however, want to see the wonder twins square off against each other. That would be awesome.

Sooo you don't want to be in the Morgan Cup? If you do, I can promise you, you will be playing in a match against people that will be more than friends to you by the end of the Morgan Cup.

To the vets: What are you going to do differently this year as you prepare for the MC versus last year?

Luckily, knock on wood, I have gotten my back to a pretty healthy spot, so I will be starting my lessons in February instead of May. Hopefully that will give me the time I need to get my game to where I want it to be.

yeah i mean if push came to shove i'm sure everyone could but i know personally it would be a real struggle. I'm really excited about a lot of the clubs i've seen so far coming out this year.

Oh me too!! I think we all have been excited at what we have seen as previews here on THP and at Tour Stops. I am just enjoying the moment and trying to take it all in.

I regret not being myself. I regret holding back because I just didn't think people would get my humor or would think I was not taking it seriously. I regret not being more of a Captain to my team. Things will be very different this time. I will go out with a bang

Bro, I have told you this several times before, and I will say it again, you were an awesome captain last year, period. If you think you can do things better/differently, we will all stand behind you, and do you know why? Because you are our Captain and you rocked it last year!

Bro, I have told you this several times before, and I will say it again, you were an awesome captain last year, period. If you think you can do things better/differently, we will all stand behind you, and do you know why? Because you are our Captain and you rocked it last year!

If he wasn't himself last year we better watch out....LOL

He was up drinking with the boys laughing his butt off every night and then kicking butt on the course every day, what more could you ask for?

I regret not being myself. I regret holding back because I just didn't think people would get my humor or would think I was not taking it seriously. I regret not being more of a Captain to my team. Things will be very different this time. I will go out with a bang

I have no idea who your are? Can't wait to meet you next weekend. Seriously, I thought meeting you would be a formality.

I hope everyone shines through and doesn't worry about what people think. As long as it doesn't harm THP, MC or others...just be yourselves

If he wasn't himself last year we better watch out....LOL

He was up drinking with the boys laughing his butt off every night and then kicking butt on the course every day, what more could you ask for?

My point exactly Tim. I would be willing to bet there would be no complaints from team Hackers.

Sooo you don't want to be in the Morgan Cup? If you do, I can promise you, you will be playing in a match against people that will be more than friends to you by the end of the Morgan Cup.

Okay. I think I misspoke a little bit. I'm sure I will be friends will everyone by the time this event is underway. My mistake.

I'd just flip it, they all have so much to offer.

Okay. I think I misspoke a little bit. I'm sure I will be friends will everyone by the time this event is underway. My mistake.

Just busting your chops buddy! Hahaha. You are in for the ride of a lifetime, and you will walk away with a ton of memories and a whole bunch of people from all over the world that you will consider family.

I'd just flip it, they all have so much to offer.

i know thats pretty much what it would come down to with me or a very detailed pro/ con list with no cons on it! hahahaha

Thainer SeeMore is the putter for Cobra this year. i really am interested to see whos putters Bridgestone will use this year. i kinda have this thing for putters.

i know thats pretty much what it would come down to with me or a very detailed pro/ con list with no cons on it! hahahaha

Thainer SeeMore is the putter for Cobra this year. i really am interested to see whos putters Bridgestone will use this year. i kinda have this thing for putters.

Never noticed it!

My point exactly Tim. I would be willing to bet there would be no complaints from team Hackers.

I agree Yorkos. Seriously Chunky was there, leading and being and awesome captain. I have no idea why he thinks he wasn't everything he could be. But whatever he does ill support him! He was incredible!!!

Holy crao! I wanted to say congrats to all those selected. Hell congrats to all those that have been supporting the event. It's gonna be a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back