2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Chutt.

I chutted at Caledonia and True Blue.....SW didn't think I could do it and I dropped in the deeper rough around one of the greens at TB about 40 feet from the hole and chutted to 5 ft......Danny just shook his head....LOL

I chutted at Caledonia and True Blue.....SW didn't think I could do it and I dropped in the deeper rough around one of the greens at TB about 40 feet from the hole and chutted to 5 ft......Danny just shook his head....LOL

Man, it's 12... Avatar bet over?!

..and chutting... oye..

This is what I like to hear!

Cant that weekend... already going home to visit with my Mom & Dad. Two people that take precedence over THP in my life.

Totally understandable

I also putt better on Bermuda than most people do :D

But there are alot more people under 10 handicap than over...which is really the opposite of last year.

I also putt better on Bermuda than most people do :D

But there are alot more people under 10 handicap than over...which is really the opposite of last year.

No worries ill stay on the north side of 10 to help keep balance lol

Hey now!! Oh wait you were not talking to me.. I will go back to sleep.

Ha ha. I'm not sure who I was talking to/about and I was just joking. Handicaps don't matter in the MC, so I'm going to get down to a 0 by then to make it easier.

And some of you guys are sandbaggers!

Why do people always say that?? Anybody that has seen me play would never say that.....sure I have the occasional round where the clouds part and the golf gods look favorably on me and I sneak in under 80 (5 times in my life).....but I am just as likely to go out and shoot 103 like I did the first day in Iowa this year...second day I shot 85.....early this week I shot my career low round of 75.....three days later same course...87

Why do people always say that?? Anybody that has seen me play would never say that.....sure I have the occasional round where the clouds part and the golf gods look favorably on me and I sneak in under 80 (5 times in my life).....but I am just as likely to go out and shoot 103 like I did the first day in Iowa this year...second day I shot 85.....early this week I shot my career low round of 75.....three days later same course...87

HA ha ha I was joking buddy, see my post above. Sorry to touch on a sore subject. Lol

HA ha ha I was joking buddy, see my post above. Sorry to touch on a sore subject. Lol

There have just been some that said that before.....course all they needed to do was see me play Sunday of the Morgan Cup last year....not my finest hour....Saturday morning round on the other hand might have been the best golf I ever played

There have just been some that said that before.....course all they needed to do was see me play Sunday of the Morgan Cup last year....not my finest hour....Saturday morning round on the other hand might have been the best golf I ever played

Sorry buddy I didn't know that and I honestly meant nothing by it. I hope you play LIGHTS OUT both days this year!

I kinda hope we get our emails sooner rather then later.

Sorry buddy I didn't know that and I honestly meant nothing by it. I hope you play LIGHTS OUT both days this year!

No worries, I don't think anybody really meant it when they said it....guess I am just on the sensitive side tonight....LOL

You've got the appropriate motivation, methinks..

Yea if the Morgan Cup isn't motivation, I'm not sure what is. I know I'm all psyched up about practicing more and finally taking some lessons.

No worries, I don't think anybody really meant it when they said it....guess I am just on the sensitive side tonight....LOL

Well sorry man, if I knew it was an issue I wouldn't have said it in the first place. Now I know. Let's brohug it out and move on.

I kinda hope we get our emails sooner rather then later.

They said this week, so they can't keep us waiting too long!

I will hold off my comment utiil I see if we are teammates or on separate teams. Then I will know which day I would want to be on the course with you. LOL

Seriously, last year I played some of the best golf of my life on Saturday of the Morgan Cup...in the morning match I was playing WAY above my head and draining every putt I looked at it seemed like...I didn't play as well in the afternoon match, but did manage to hit a few great shots and drain several more long putts.....but Sunday was a different story...it started bad and then I got down a couple of holes and pressed even harder and that just made matters worse and made me more frustrated and play even worse.

That's the one thing I learned that I need to work on before this year's MC is the mental aspect, I can't let one bad shot carry into the next shot and so on and so on..l.I gotta play one shot at a time. That's one of the things I am really focussing on this year.

That's the one thing I learned that I need to work on before this year's MC is the mental aspect, I can't let one bad shot carry into the next shot and so on and so on..l.I gotta play one shot at a time. That's one of the things I am really focussing on this year.

That will get you so far Tim, this is what I tried to focus on last season, and it helped me to get from 16.9 to 9 :D

I think we should keep hdcp, where are they now and sand bagging comments out of the 2013 MC.
The first has no bearing in this event. The second will be handled by appropriate individuals and the last just isn't received well in a joke or not. If we stick to this, all will be well and we can concentrate on bringing this to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back