2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to happen for a long while for me, but in terms of preparation, I'd highly advise playing 36 holes in a day at some point before the Morgan Cup. That Saturday is a very long day.

In terms of prep, my golf season is rapidly coming to an end up here. For most of the winter, I'm going to get into the gym and also hit a ton of putts on my indoor putting green.

Haha this made me laugh but that is solid prep right there

We all gotta do our part. Hopefully next year I can be on the other side of things but this year it will great seeing it from this side as a follower and volunteer.

It's not going to happen for a long while for me, but in terms of preparation, I'd highly advise playing 36 holes in a day at some point before the Morgan Cup. That Saturday is a very long day.

In terms of prep, my golf season is rapidly coming to an end up here. For most of the winter, I'm going to get into the gym and also hit a ton of putts on my indoor putting green.

Come down here and we can prep at Dormie. Man dcbrads post has me pumped for him.

I would love a Captains villa this year

That would be super cool.

My wife is coming so well have to figure that into the mix!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Sounds like you are playing the golf course now and not against yourself :thumb:. Some of the veteran MC'ers can coach you on some of the key elements of match play etc.

I would really appreciate that OG. I am a real novice at match play and would love to hear some pointers from those who have knowledge.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

That's awesome Brad. You are going to be like a kid in a candy store with new gear and clubs you've never used before like hybos and gap/sand/lob wedges. I cannot wait to follow along with you on this journey!

Come down here and we can prep at Dormie. Man dcbrads post has me pumped for him.

Thanks guys. I've just decided that I am really going to savor this entire experience. Really let the process unfold and take everything in and just enjoy it, not get worked up over anything, and work my tail off to bring my A game to MB.

I've also got some hilarious stuff planned with some videos as well. And with Tyno being so close. He is bound to be a part of it. So stayed tuned folks! And hop on the dcbrad bandwagon if you dare!

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

Man I am excited for dcbrad to get some new irons! lol

Repped for being an awesome sport!! I dig it GregDan. A lot.

Thanks buddy! I just feel like if I immerse myself this year and really experience a MC from the outside looking in, when I get in next year I will have a better understanding and be able to enjoy playing in it that much more.

Brad if you have any questions please feel free to reach out. I think I am more excited for you to go through this process than myself. It's going to wonders for your game.

Brad if you have any questions please feel free to reach out. I think I am more excited for you to go through this process than myself. It's going to wonders for your game.

Thanks Freddie, won't hesitate for sure.

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

I am in the middle of my first round as a Morgan Cupper. I started out very tight and nervous for some reason. I was trying to hit every shot perfect. I began to relax at hole #3 with a par and have alternated bogey and par since (about to tee off on 9 now).

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking forward to hearing when you set PB after PB. Morgan Cup prep really brings out the best in you!

This is going to be a lot of fun for you Brad. As far as prep work goes- I've been to the range three times this past week and have been wearing out my irons and wedges. I played Thursday with my wife and Friday while on vacation with my bro in law.

My rounds are pretty much done for the year, but my prep won't stop. I'll be hitting the heated range and fine tuning some things. I really like where I'm at for the end of the season and I think its going to be a great year next year. Being able to play in The Morgan Cup again is just icing on the cake

My rounds are pretty much done for the year, but my prep won't stop. I'll be hitting the heated range and fine tuning some things. I really like where I'm at for the end of the season and I think its going to be a great year next year. Being able to play in The Morgan Cup again is just icing on the cake
It sure is dude. It just changes everything about the golf season doesn't it? It really changes your golfing life if you know what I mean.

This. You can't truly get a feel for playing 36 holes in one day until you actually do it. I did it in High School one time at State. Because of weather, we played 18 at 9AM, had a 30 minute break (for me at least, for others it was 5 minutes), and then played another 18. All walking. If you have to right attitude, it can be alot of fun. But, you will be exhausted at the end of the day.

I Golfed 53 in one day at the outing, and 36 a ton this year, usually takes me 35 holes to get warmed up anyhow

Not to mention it will be a bit warm. Water and the need to fuel the furnace is critical.

Brad that is going to be awesome when you get a whole new setup, I'm excited for you. I look forward to seeing how it changes your game.

Freddie - thank you for already getting a head start on lodging. I really appreciate it buddy.

Chunky - I have already started to prep a little. Played 9 holes yesterday before work and talked to our assistant pro about some lessons. He's pretty excited about it as well. Hopefully I can get a little more consistent, as I find that is my struggle as of now. Also, closing out a good round is something I've had problems with in the past. Being a part of the MC has changed my approach to my game for the offseason. The clubs aren't being put away, period. Hitting balls multiple times a week, lots of putting, a good number of lessons. I've never said this before, but I am excited for this off season.

Lessons are a great tool JConn, this past year was the first time I took lessons and the few that I had worked wonders for me. Any time I start to get a little off track I just go back for another lesson, my biggest fault before was always trying to fix things myself, and that only caused more problems to creep into my swing because I thought I knew what I was doing wrong and I was way off. I took a final lesson shortly before the Morgan Cup even though I was playing well just to see if he had any suggestions for how I was swinging.

I'm sure JB & Morgan didn't realize it when they first set it up, but "The Morgan Cup Effect" is doing wonderful things for my marriage.

Every time I go to the range now, my wife just smiles and says, "Hey, you need to get ready for the Morgan Cup, right?" I'm in heaven.

While I'm a first-time Morgan-cupper, I have played many 36, 54 and more days of golf before. I have but one very important piece of advice. Listen to Wade on this one folks:

k084590.jpg

Thats awesome Wade. This past year was the first time my wife actually didn't care that I spent so many evenings out playing golf because she knew I was prepping for something HUGE

The Morgan Cup does a marriage good

The Morgan Cup does a marriage good
Having a supporting Wife for the MC makes all the difference in the world, thats for sure!

Having a supporting Wife for the MC makes all the difference in the world, thats for sure!

Sure does buddy. I know it made things incredibly easy for me.

If this is OT my bad, but how many guys are pondering bringing their ladies along? I saw quite a few vids with people whom I assume are significant others attending..

Did they have other activities to do during the day, or were they totally connected in the competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back