Tiger Woods Vs Rory McIlroy - More Wins in 2013?

I say they split majors 1-1, but Rory wins more on the PGA tour

Rory might get caught up in the hoopla of expectations and a new sponsor like some others did and struggle a bit. Tiger's shown he can win, so I think he could end up having another good year. Regardless of that, my rational head says Rory will win more.

My prediction is Rory. Hopefully his slump mid-2012 was the only slump for awhile. Assuming that, I believe he will be perfectly capable of getting many wins next year, which will be more wins than Tiger. If I were to predict, Tiger 2 (no majors) wins, Rory 6 (including 1 major). I just feel like Rory is still on the move up, and for a guy with as much skill as he has, that just makes him that much more dominant.

~Rock

I hope both of them win 5-7 tournaments each! Because if that is happening then the other one is going to be in contention and that makes for good golf watching! Would make for a heck of a year!

I'll take Tiger at the moment. I don't think Rory is going to have a bad year and multiple wins will more than likely happen for him, but I do feel there may be a little bit of an adjustment period to new equipment and heightened expectations that come with a $200+ million dollar contract may weight heavy on Rory a bit. I see it being Tiger 3 or 4 wins, and Rory 2 or 3 wins. Just my take. Both will have really solid years I expect.

Another one going for Tiger here. Rory will win in 2012, but I feel he'll have an adjustment period with his new equipment next year.

I'm leaning toward Tiger, but no majors for him. Rory will have a major, maybe the Masters?

Tiger will because Rory will be playing new equipment and history will show that rarely does a player win a great deal right away with new gear. Not saying he won't win, just not a lot right away. TW will edge him in 2013 and get to #1.

THP loves to hear predictions, so this should be a fun one. Who will have more wins in 2013 and why?

I'm going with Rory, he's coming off a great year and he's going to have a ton of confidence going to next year with new clubs, a big bank acct, and I think he likes the challenge of playing with Tiger when Tiger's playing well. I still think Tiger will struggle with his swing and his putter next year. I hope I'm wrong because I miss the lethal version of Tiger but I think Rory still hasn't shown us his best yet.

Rory wins more total but Tiger wins more majors.

Rory...he is really just starting to find out what he can really do...I give him 5 wins worldwide next year including a major...either the Masters or the Britsh Open

I'm going to call it now, TW regains #1 ranking prior to the US Open

Playing the hot hand and going with Rory.
I have a rule to not bet against tiger, so if we were betting I'd either take tiger or walk, but I"m thinking Rory is going to stay hot.

I'm thinking Rory will win 1 or 2 more than Tiger...

but I'm hoping Colsaerts will kick the **** out of them both :clown:

I give it to Tiger. He's got a new outlook on life it seems, a new swing that's starting to work, and some new buddies at Nike. I think he can finally focus on golf and tturn those almosts into wins.

Rory is going to really start having multiple distractions off the course that he will have to learn to deal with. My bet is that Tiger is spending this off season sleeping with his wedges. Tiger will have more wins

Golf will be back to the Tiger show in 2013. His game has really gotten better since he made the Foley switch. Those bad weekend rounds are going to turn into great weekend rounds, thus allowing him to win more.

John Deere Tap'n

Golf will be back to the Tiger show in 2013. His game has really gotten better since he made the Foley switch. Those bad weekend rounds are going to turn into great weekend rounds, thus allowing him to win more.

John Deere Tap'n

Yep. 70s are going to be his bad rounds soon. And boy am I excited for that!

TT on iPad

Yep. 70s are going to be his bad rounds soon. And boy am I excited for that!

TT on iPad

You and me both dude.

John Deere Tap'n

I'll say Tiger but I'm not really basing it on much. Other than new equipment for Rory.

It's really hard to bet against either one of them, given the talent involved, but I think 2013 will be the year we call "The Return of the Tiger" to his true form. He has been so darn close all year in 2012 and just needs to cross another hurdle. Rory will have his fair share of wins as well, but the potential for disappointment is higher with Rory.

Rory McIlroy is on the rise, and he will only improve as he matures.

Tiger is in decline, and he will only become more ineffective as he ages, and as nagging injuries, aches and pains take an increasing toll.

Tiger may still do some big things from time to time, but the immediate future of golf is Rory McIlroy, and the generation which is coming along with him.

Rory is so damn good, but the switch to Nike scares me....
uhhhhh.........Tiger. final answer.

Rory. Tiger will likely have some sort of injury, and mastering a new swing is a process that is going to take some time.

Kevin

I think we will see Tiger continue to get better this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they came away with the same number of wins. If I had to pick one I'd say Rory but he and Tiger wil be neck and neck. I don't agree with those who say Tiger is on the decline, I think we have seen him get better throughout the last year and he lingered near the top of the leaderboard in many of the tournaments he played. The only thing he needs to do is play well on Sunday, and I think this year we will start to see him do that

Back