The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will cause I hate pranks, I hate messing around, I hate all of that kind of stuff. Tend to your own business and don't try and mess up someone elses. It's just dumb and never really than funny, even when I've been the pranker.

So don't say something mid swing at the Morgan Cup to you I guess?

Worked on Jman in Austin this year. :alien:

Meh. I don't think that would be a good idea haha.

Bad bad cookie

You're lucky it was you! Hehe

Can someone explain what "meh" is?

I will cause I hate pranks, I hate messing around, I hate all of that kind of stuff. Tend to your own business and don't try and mess up someone elses. It's just dumb and never really than funny, even when I've been the pranker.

come on, that's no fun, like one of my workers, Dwight, has been giving me a hard time, so I decided to be funny and put all of his stuff (calculator, stapler etc) in jello, then one day for christmas, I wrapped his entire "desk" in gift wrap-but it was a fake cardboard version so he fell and crushed the entire desk. Then one day I pretended to be a vampire after he let a bat out in the office, he thought I got bit and I convinced him I was a vampire hahah.

pranks are the best

Whatever. Don't really care about what you just said. Boring.

thanks cook. i thought I was into that generation's hipster tone, but I must have fallen behind a bit.

Not going to lie. I'm just not comfortable in trying to talk in the Morgan cup threads. I wish I could engage in the conversation but for some reason it just doesn't feel like I should..

I hate to say this but playing in the Morgan cup isn't everything, supporting it and supporting the players and THP is just as important. There are so many other members that didn't get picked this year or last year and did their best job at supporting their team and the Morgan cup itself. if you want to be part of it that badly then sign up and go volunteer at the event. Like I said you're not the only one who wanted to be in the event so badly, and there is no point in moping around and avoiding the players and the threads. Just support it because without support from members, who's going to watch the promo videos, the media day, the live play? Sorry if this comes across rude or mean, and I really hope you can get through this and embrace the whole event as a raging supporter and maybe even a volunteer.

Bmik, I think it will get easier once there is more stuff to talk about as their experience really gets going. Right now it is mainly just speculative banter about their teams and their sponsors. Once teams get formed, sponsors assigned, and further down the road, equipment choices being made and selected, there will be much more for even us spectators to discuss.

My one MC suggestion would be that as the Tour Reps contact the participants, I think it would be really fun to know what's being offered each time to the participants, so that as spectators we can discuss what's going into their selections and/or offer what we would choose in our dream bag. That may not be possible due to sponsor relationships or whatever, but I know the thread we had last year about picking a sponsor and building our dream bag was a lot of fun.

My one MC suggestion would be that as the Tour Reps contact the participants, I think it would be really fun to know what's being offered each time to the participants, so that as spectators we can discuss what's going into their selections and/or offer what we would choose in our dream bag. That may not be possible due to sponsor relationships or whatever, but I know the thread we had last year about picking a sponsor and building our dream bag was a lot of fun.

AD,
This is something we have considered and are considering, but one must remember we are merely acting as liasons (agents if you will) for a manufacturer. Sometimes they prefer to keep that stuff under wraps for whatever reason and deal with their players. Whether it be because of timing, offerings or anything else really. I think you will find that the process will in fact be far more transparent this year as that is our preference as usual.

Bmik, I think it will get easier once there is more stuff to talk about as their experience really gets going. Right now it is mainly just speculative banter about their teams and their sponsors. Once teams get formed, sponsors assigned, and further down the road, equipment choices being made and selected, there will be much more for even us spectators to discuss.

I'd be more than happy to share everything as time goes on. (Obviously if it is OK, which I'm sure it would be). I also would like to get other forum member's ideas when it comes to putting my bag together! It would be cool to see what other options people may go with too.

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

AD,
This is something we have considered and are considering, but one must remember we are merely acting as liasons (agents if you will) for a manufacturer. Sometimes they prefer to keep that stuff under wraps for whatever reason and deal with their players. Whether it be because of timing, offerings or anything else really. I think you will find that the process will in fact be far more transparent this year as that is our preference as usual.

Shoulda waited 5 mins. Lol. Like I said, I will share whatever info I am allowed!

Jman is on a tear and I love it. I love joking around with students and bringing fun into the classroom. It's one of the reasons I chose to go into teaching. That's hilarious that you guys moved his truck!

come on, that's no fun, like one of my workers, Dwight, has been giving me a hard time, so I decided to be funny and put all of his stuff (calculator, stapler etc) in jello, then one day for christmas, I wrapped his entire "desk" in gift wrap-but it was a fake cardboard version so he fell and crushed the entire desk. Then one day I pretended to be a vampire after he let a bat out in the office, he thought I got bit and I convinced him I was a vampire hahah.

pranks are the best

Is this Mr. Satchmo or Mr. Halpert?

Jman is on a tear and I love it. I love joking around with students and bringing fun into the classroom. It's one of the reasons I chose to go into teaching. That's hilarious that you guys moved his truck!

Is this Mr. Satchmo or Mr. Halpert?

I guess you'll never know hahahaha

AD,

I understand that the limitation is on the sponsor side.

The only reason I mentioned it (kind of in a wishful thinking kind of way) was that as a spectator last year, there would be times in the specific equipment threads where after the Tour Reps had contacted their players, the participants would be discussing their pending selection on the forum between themselves publically, but in a way that couldn't involve the others. Not a complaint, just thinking and typing.

I'd be more than happy to share everything as time goes on. (Obviously if it is OK, which I'm sure it would be). I also would like to get other forum member's ideas when it comes to putting my bag together! It would be cool to see what other options people may go with too.

I didn't express the thought in the clearest way...the thought wasn't directed at the past or current participants at all, and I know everyone will go out of their way within the guidelines set to have as open of a process as possible.

I'm just letting it ride now buddy. They stand up, I sit em down. Hehe

I didn't express the thought in the clearest way...the thought wasn't directed at the past or current participants at all, and I know everyone will go out of their way within the guidelines set to have as open of a process as possible.

No I completely understand! It will be a fun process for everyone I think!

I'm just letting it ride now buddy. They stand up, I sit em down. Hehe

Ha ha ha yes! I was a pretty big prankster when I was in school, so it will be fun to be on the other side of things once I secure a full time job. As a sub, its hard to really joke around students when you don't know them.

Ha ha ha yes! I was a pretty big prankster when I was in school, so it will be fun to be on the other side of things once I secure a full time job. As a sub, its hard to really joke around students when you don't know them.

my European History teacher had a huge hatred for the French and always ranted on about their retreat tactics and all haha. His name was Mr. Deblassie and many people would call him Mnsr. Beblasseux just to joke with him. He would always come in 10 minutes late and one day we blasted the French National Anthem for him while he marched in to class-he was so angry and laughed so hard haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back