2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little Srixon pondering tonight. I know which are my next 3 dozen. All tour stars for sure. I want to try all 3!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Sleeves bro, much more affordable to whittle it down that way. What ball do you play now?

lol i'm over the looks from "oh your friends with people on the internet" Thats why THP events like the MC and the Outing are so great get to meet everyone and put a face to the Forum Name. This Morgan Cup has a good group of guys with people i've met and people i'm def looking forward to meeting.

Haha. I know that look. People just don't uderstand what THP is. Can't wait to see you guys represent your sponsor's this is going to be another great MC

lol i'm over the looks from "oh your friends with people on the internet" Thats why THP events like the MC and the Outing are so great get to meet everyone and put a face to the Forum Name. This Morgan Cup has a good group of guys with people i've met and people i'm def looking forward to meeting.

yeah that's always funny....I remember the look on the ex's face when I told her I was going to MB last year to play golf with a bunch of people I had never met...they just don't get it.

Its funny how people can't believe the perks, and the other thing I have gotten funny looks about is the fact the it's an Internet thing. People can't fathom making the friendships without actually "Knowing" the people first. I just say you got to believe!

This is exactly what I run into. the guys I golf with regularly get flabbergasted about all the perks of the MC and can't believe it. I talk THP to them all the time and got one guy to sign up. Still working on the others but I know if they do they will really enjoy it.

I'm amazed sometimes when I go into golf shops and mention THP that they regularly say they've heard of it but many of them havebt visited the site yet. It's a great thing that so many golfers have heard of THP but we need to get more to join up! I think The Morgan Cup is a great way to share some more great things about THP and get more people to join and follow along!

It's fun to bump into people in Finland, who know THP, and when I tell them I'm going to the MC, their faces go wow! I remind them to sign up instead of just reading, hopefully they do.

Another day closer to finding out the teams, to say I'm looking forward to it is a severe understatement

Another day closer to finding out the teams, to say I'm looking forward to it is a severe understatement
Im looking forward to this as well, finding out who the next winning team of the Morgan Cup will be! #TeamAlbatross

I hope when JB said next week he meant early next week...like 12:01 am on Monday. Or since the calendar week actually starts on Sunday it could be 12:01 Sunday morning.

I want to try a few srixons as well, I havent played any in a long time. I might pick a few up today for my round tomorrow

Me too buddy. Can't wait to find out who my captain and my team mates are. Then we can start rocking the appropriate logo.

Agreed. It'll be awesome to have your own allegiance known!!!

All of my friends and golfing buddies have been very supportive. They know I want to keep up on my improvement and are helping me with it. I played in an outing yesterday and really worked on the mental side of my game and I found right now I am good for about 5-6 holes then lose it. But I was able to bing it back after two or three bad holes to get another good run of 3-4 holes so that made me feel great. Lots more work needed to be done.

I want to try a few srixons as well, I havent played any in a long time. I might pick a few up today for my round tomorrow

I defininitely believe they are a solid all around ball, wouldn't mind gaming them one bit in july

Nice work Gordon, keep it up man.

All of my friends and golfing buddies have been very supportive. They know I want to keep up on my improvement and are helping me with it. I played in an outing yesterday and really worked on the mental side of my game and I found right now I am good for about 5-6 holes then lose it. But I was able to bing it back after two or three bad holes to get another good run of 3-4 holes so that made me feel great. Lots more work needed to be done.

Keep plugging away, plenty of time to get the game dialed in

Which are you going to play? I'm picking up a few sleeves to start my testing tomorrow.

Keep plugging away, plenty of time to get the game dialed in

Time is certainly on my side as well. I need all the practice I can get. I've got a few more lessons lined up with my pro as well. I've also talked to our old pro about a short game regiment. He's our short game master.

Sleeves bro, much more affordable to whittle it down that way. What ball do you play now?

I play a pro v1 most of the time. But that's because that's what the freebies usually are. I did some Bridgestone testing and liked them the RXS was a good fit. I'm not super fast swing speed. I was thinking SL or XV. Any advice between the two of them.

I play a pro v1 most of the time. But that's because that's what the freebies usually are. I did some Bridgestone testing and liked them the RXS was a good fit. I'm not super fast swing speed. I was thinking SL or XV. Any advice between the two of them.

Well those two are about as far apart as you can get in the Z-Star line. If you liked the RXS I would go with the SL, little lower compression and ample spin into the greens. It is without doubt my favorite ball on the market.

Keep up the good work WR! I definitely need some help with my mental game. I need to listen to my Bob Rotella CDs again.

Time is certainly on my side as well. I need all the practice I can get. I've got a few more lessons lined up with my pro as well. I've also talked to our old pro about a short game regiment. He's our short game master.

We all need practice! I'm headed to work a few hours early to practice right now. Focusing on 150 and in with my "new" swing. My lessons should start next week. Great idea on a short game lesson. One if our other assistant pros is a short game guru as well. I'm going to talk to him today.

Which are you going to play? I'm picking up a few sleeves to start my testing tomorrow.

Not sure yet, think I'll compare the q star and z star first

I am really looking forward to starting my MC prep. I'm definitely gonna hit the weights more this time around. And my short game needs work. And irons. Heck all of it needs work. Gonna try and be a 8 hc by MC time.

Not sure yet, think I'll compare the q star and z star first

I was quite a fan of the QStar when I last played it, great ball for the price.

Isn't the qstar more comparable to the Bridgestone RX and RXS balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back