Favorite Restaurauts

What was the Cuban place you sent us to down there JB with all the Mohitos? That place was amazing.

What was the Cuban place you sent us to down there JB with all the Mohitos? That place was amazing.

Cuba Libre. Not bad for the area and some incredible drinks. In other areas, the mom and pop places are even better for the food. Lots of great Cuba food throughout FL.

That is a tough one. To me it depends on what one wants. Twisted Burger on Sandlake has a special burger if one wants to indulge that is similar to the Monte Cristo from Bennigans years ago that is pretty special. Hagan O'Reilly's in Winter Garden has an amazing donut burger if one wants to indulge as well.

If you want more the traditional route, of just pure good burger goodness, I am honestly not sure.

Gotta admit, the thought of a donut burger has me intrigued lol. We are traditional burger people, we like toppings and stuff but the beef has got to be good and juicy.

Cuba Libre. Not bad for the area and some incredible drinks. In other areas, the mom and pop places are even better for the food. Lots of great Cuba food throughout FL.

Awesome. We had great Cubans here yesterday at a new to us place and it reminded me. I love Cuban food.

Several choices for a good burger in Orlando. Johnny's fill'n station on Michigan. Burger Pi in winter park, capital grill at point Orlando or back yard burger by fashion square mall are all good choices

That has been replaced by a Rocko Taco

Marc, there's also Fuddruckers off I Drive north towards the outlets as well as in the Disney Crossroads complex. They've got good sized burgers as well as bison, ostrich, etc

Marc, there's also Fuddruckers off I Drive north towards the outlets as well as in the Disney Crossroads complex. They've got good sized burgers as well as bison, ostrich, etc

Thanks guys for all the responses, lots of places to choose from!

There are a ton of great eats in Kansas City, and no they are not all BBQ places. If you want one small location with three awesome choice, you would need to go to Martin City, MO. Just outside of KC. It has got the best BBQ place around (sorry DDXU, Oklahoma Joes is good, but...) called Jackstack Fiorella's. Also in Martin City is a place called RC's. It's family style and some of the best pan fried chicken and other fried food around. Lastly, just about across the street from RC's and owned by the same family is Jess and Jim's Steak house. Great steaks and burgers. Stroud's is another KC great for some awesome pan fried chicken. An old steak house that isn't talked about much, but is still a really great place to eat is The Golden Ox. If you want fancy shmancy, one of the best steaks I've ever eaten was at Capital Grill on the Plaza, blows Ruth's Chris away and I like Ruth's Chris. You'll drop between $150-200 for a dinner for two at either of these places though, and I wouldn't call them local fare either as they are both in most major cities across the nation.

Great Thread!!

Used to be when I travel, I'd go check out "Man vs Food" web site or "Diner's Drive-in's and Dives" web site to see if there were any places they had been for me to check out. Now there is actually a food channel app you can download and it will tell you about all kinds of good places to eat at your destination.

Hi All, I'm in Vegas for a work conference. Any recommendation? I'm at the Luxor but wanr to try out any must not miss restaurants since work is paying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hi All, I'm in Vegas for a work conference. Any recommendation? I'm at the Luxor but wanr to try out any must not miss restaurants since work is paying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

MGM I thought had some of the better food of the hotels on the strip. I'd start there. Also, there's an In and Out burger a mile and a half or so west of the Luxor.

I have throw this one out there; square 1 burgers in Sarasota. Just had it for lunch, and you really cant beat their burgers.

I had the Rise 'N Shine today. 100% Kobe beef, with applewood smoked bacon, carmelized onions, gruyere chees...topped off with a fried egg. Heaven on a bun, it really is.

Last edited:
Burger 21 huh? I believe some THPers have gathered there before...

I am partial to Square One Burgers in Sarasota though.

Burger 21 huh? I believe some THPers have gathered there before...

I am partial to Square One Burgers in Sarasota though.

I like square one more so than burger 21 as well. Bonefish has a shockingly good burger.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

If your in N. Myrtle and like Italian than Villa Toscana is a must. Way better than Chiantis by the south. Burgers i'm still a fan of 5 guys.

Edited my post. I meant Square 1,not Burger 21

Ahhh, okay. I was unaware of a Burger 21 in Sarasota, but we have not been there in a while, so I thought it was typical War Eagle rubbing it in that another favorite opened up. He is not very nice.

Square 1 is awesome!!!!

Ahhh, okay. I was unaware of a Burger 21 in Sarasota, but we have not been there in a while, so I thought it was typical War Eagle rubbing it in that another favorite opened up. He is not very nice.

Square 1 is awesome!!!!

Typical jerk of jerks that dude is.

I haven't had Burger 21 in forever, Square 1 does a nice job of filling the void. Plus, they have fried mac 'N cheese.

Typical jerk of jerks that dude is.

I haven't had Burger 21 in forever, Square 1 does a nice job of filling the void. Plus, they have fried mac 'N cheese.

I have had it and enjoyed it and it is delicious. We really like Square 1. I think I need to have that sometime.

I have had it and enjoyed it and it is delicious. We really like Square 1. I think I need to have that sometime.

They opened a Square 1 in Brandon and a Burger 21 in Lakeland, I have it pretty good now.

They opened a Square 1 in Brandon and a Burger 21 in Lakeland, I have it pretty good now.

Yup they opened a Burger 21 at Millenia too, Yum!

Last edited:
Probably tomorrow lol, we ate at Jr's tonight, it was ok. I was going to drive to Lakeland or Tampa for Burger 21 til I saw the new one here.

So much for watching what I eat. Burger21 in Orlando....oh my

Back