What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 8 holes before getting rained out.

Played 18 holes today.

Took the kid to the driving range at Sun City today , let him beat on some balls while i worked out a ton of kinks . My swing come around towards the end and I started hitting some quality shots . Feel like I owe Butters a years supply of Golf Balls. :banghead:

Hit the range for about an hour and ended with some great sand practice. Played about 20 balls to the green and then hit about 20 8 irons out of the sand replicating some fairway bunker shots.

golf rant

golf rant

Today in Michigan was a pretty decent day to golf. A friend and I decided to get one more round in before the snow hits.

We were paired up with 2 other guys. First 5 holes went off without a problem. On the sixth hole however, things went down hill. On my tee shot, everything went very good, until a golf cart decided to cut straight across our fairway in the path of my ball. I yelled fore, and pointed. My ball came down and crushed the golf carts hub cap, sending it flying a solid 10 yards left. The driver, pretty upset, picked my ball up and actually returned it to me. Telling me I better watch where I hit. After a few choice words and club pointing, I tee off again with a pretty decent shot.

I will keep the next incidents shot and to the point.

3 of my balls picked up when clearly they are mine.
Missing a hole in one by a foot.
Missing a double eagle by 3 feet
And loosing my favorite hat in the water due to strong wind.

I just had to rant a little, and I'm glad that was my last round of the season. Thanks to all that listened.

Today in Michigan was a pretty decent day to golf. A friend and I decided to get one more round in before the snow hits.

We were paired up with 2 other guys. First 5 holes went off without a problem. On the sixth hole however, things went down hill. On my tee shot, everything went very good, until a golf cart decided to cut straight across our fairway in the path of my ball. I yelled fore, and pointed. My ball came down and crushed the golf carts hub cap, sending it flying a solid 10 yards left. The driver, pretty upset, picked my ball up and actually returned it to me. Telling me I better watch where I hit. After a few choice words and club pointing, I tee off again with a pretty decent shot.

I will keep the next incidents shot and to the point.

3 of my balls picked up when clearly they are mine.
Missing a hole in one by a foot.
Missing a double eagle by 3 feet
And loosing my favorite hat in the water due to strong wind.

I just had to rant a little, and I'm glad that was my last round of the season. Thanks to all that listened.

I would've gone nuts if a guy blamed me for hitting his cart when he came circling back into the fairway, that irks me. Almost getting a hole in one should make up for it! Of course for me, if I had hit two nice tee shots on the same hole that wouldv'e been something!

I would've gone nuts if a guy blamed me for hitting his cart when he came circling back into the fairway, that irks me. Almost getting a hole in one should make up for it! Of course for me, if I had hit two nice tee shots on the same hole that wouldv'e been something!

I admittedly used to have really bad anger issues. I've since calmed a lot, but I almost had a relapse.

I admittedly used to have really bad anger issues. I've since calmed a lot, but I almost had a relapse.

I know what you mean, that little interaction would've sent me into a realm of p!ssed off that hasn't been seen since the 1st Crusade.

Cleaned my clubs, and chipped into a bucket in the backyard for a while until the rain came. This little chipping practice in the yard has improved my on-course game bigtime.

Attended the Straight Down Fall Classic at the San Luis Obispo Country Club. Straight Down is a local apparel company and each year this tournament gets better and better. This year we had Fred Couples, Ricky Barnes, Gary McCord, Kirk Tripplet, Larry Mize and the "Boss of the Moss" local hero, Loren Roberts. The event is a blast and the accessibility is off the charts. We followed Loren and Kirk and were able to walk the fairways with them, same with Freddy and Gary. I've never attended an event with professionals and it was a treat to see the ball flights and short game skills. The course was set up incredibly tough and it was impressive to see guys attack tight pins from distance.

Really got me excited to play, so after a few hours I went over to the local muni and had a go. Took me 8 holes to get going but put up a +11(82). I'm good with the score just disappointed that I was +10 on the front and +1 on the back! Sheesh.

Had a 1 hour lesson with the pro, tightened up my backswing, apparently my left arm disconnects from my chest so we worked on that. Time for the headcover drill!

Played 18 holes with a buddy and his friend. Gorgeous day and the course was in great shape.

Last edited:
Mounted a shelf for head covers & trophies in my man room.

Played 18 today. Had the day off for Veteran's Day and temperatures were in the high 50's, low 60's. That's about as good as you can get up here in NY this time of year.

Played 7 after work. There was some slow people in front of me and got too dark. My tee shot on 8 felt great but I couldn't see it at all so I called it a day. Oh well...

Just got around to reading my 1st issue of my new subscription of GOLF Magazine. It was a gift from my son!!

Got a chance to play today, it was so nice out, wish the fall/winter season was always like 68 and sunny with a nice breeze.

Contemplated joining one of the nicer local courses(Hunter Ranch) players club. 2012 was the first year with an official GHIN and I decided for 2013 to make my home course a huge upgrade. I figure if I'm going to shell out the dough and then compete in the NCGA qualifiers, might as well make it happen on the best course around.

Also convinced my buddy to be my partner in the qualifiers. Now I just gotta get out to the course and get comfortable out there, the new place is tough!

Contemplated joining one of the nicer local courses(Hunter Ranch) players club. 2012 was the first year with an official GHIN and I decided for 2013 to make my home course a huge upgrade. I figure if I'm going to shell out the dough and then compete in the NCGA qualifiers, might as well make it happen on the best course around.

Also convinced my buddy to be my partner in the qualifiers. Now I just gotta get out to the course and get comfortable out there, the new place is tough!

You should join. Discounts when you come and play at my home course- La Purisima. I'm sure I'll also make it up to HR a few times next year.

worked on my putting stroke.

Fiddled my golf stuff in my den. Looked at my putters in aw. Planned on how to convert my garage in to a compact chipping area, I figured buckets on different heights on a wall should do it.

Hit the MP64 irons at the Golfsmith in Detroit.
They felt great.

Renewed my Albatross Club membership, watched lots of golf on TGC and of course spent time on THP.

Little sand session with the 588 RTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back