The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when I ask questions about USA politics/governement processes/procedures and people dismiss me like I am some sort of idiot. Im just trying to learn the way things work and why things are done in certain ways. It doesnt mean I cant read, it just means "Nothing" doesnt explain to me how the situation works. For christ sakes.

I hate when I ask questions about USA politics/governement processes/procedures and people dismiss me like I am some sort of idiot. Im just trying to learn the way things work and why things are done in certain ways. It doesnt mean I cant read, it just means "Nothing" doesnt explain to me how the situation works. For christ sakes.

dude I missed most of it but I thought it was a serious question and took it as such!

Just ignore them dude. You're trying to figure stuff out, asking questions is the ONLY way to do that. They can get their panties out of a was just as quick as they got into one.

You can always holler at me too dude, I do teach government. Hahaha

Man I'm not sure how that whole process works as to what the next step would be. It wasn't my intent to dismiss your question. If you where talking to me??

Can you head into the banter thread and explain what would(even though its never going to) happen with the whole texas thing? Or Oklahoma or whatever?
Just ignore them dude. You're trying to figure stuff out, asking questions is the ONLY way to do that. They can get their panties out of a was just as quick as they got into one.

It's pretty straightforward, civil war and Texan rule.

Can you head into the banter thread and explain what would(even though its never going to) happen with the whole texas thing? Or Oklahoma or whatever?

The reality is, no one knows. In the most basic of senses it would simply start acting as a sovereign entity or if more than one were to follow suit then a coalition/confederation could occur. Just a ton of hypothetical and what ifs then though as far as foreign policy and so forth. Its just not feasible for one entity to do it alone. It would take several to get any footing.

The reality is, no one knows. In the most basic of senses it would simply start acting as a sovereign entity or if more than one were to follow suit then a coalition/confederation could occur. Just a ton of hypothetical and what ifs then though as far as foreign policy and so forth. Its just not feasible for one entity to do it alone. It would take several to get any footing.
Yes! And I don't think any state wants to go down that road.

I'm avoiding the discussion like the plague. I saw your question though and really don't know how to answer it without opening 50 other cans of worms.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I'm avoiding the discussion like the plague. I saw your question though and really don't know how to answer it without opening 50 other cans of worms.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Debate Room?

Thain, I would say this man.

Ignore the people that keep tearing you down and focus on the people that will listen and respond to your questions with genuine answers. I would also say to do alot of self research so you can come up with your own ideas of how things would work and how you would like the see them play out. There will always be who try to criticize you or make you feel stupid for their own game. Just ignore them and move on.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.
Same boat Thainer.....was nothing against you but you were asking a question about something that will never happen. I was taking the same approach.

I dont' think we did anything wrong in not addressing his question Jman.....first off, it's not going to happen. Second off, I'm not qualified to talk about what would happen as NO ONE knows! Civil War? Unrest? Invasion by another country? No clue! It's a stupid petition made by people that are upset. I was not avoiding the question.....was just letting someone else step in to answer it.

Same boat Thainer.....was nothing against you but you were asking a question about something that will never happen. I was taking the same approach.

Your response was perfectly acceptable dude. When I ask twice and get a rude response, thats when I get annoyed.

Sitting here at lunch and thinking about what I've seen since beginning my teaching...

With what I have observed in the last 5 1/2 years of teaching, I am now convinced we are raising a society of entitled pansies.

Sitting here at lunch and thinking about what I've seen since beginning my teaching...

With what I have observed in the last 5 1/2 years of teaching, I am now convinced we are raising a society of entitled pansies.

Everyone gets a participation medal. Yuch... If my daughter ever gets one of those its going in the garbage.

Here's a fun thought... I wonder how many people would crap there pants if the government came back and said.. Ok your out!! Good luck!

I'm sorry you have to face this head on Jman. I feel your pain. I kinda wish our generation learnt how to work for what they have and how to earn some respect by their peers. Kinda saddens me.

Dont even get me started. Unfortunately, it's not just the younger generations. Everyone is entitled to everything, and they shouldnt have to pay for it either.

jfkasknotalbum2.jpg

Doubt kids these days even know who this guy is.

Everyone gets a participation medal. Yuch... If my daughter ever gets one of those its going in the garbage.

I freaking hate that about organized sports now. People WIN and people LOSE, its part of life, coddling does no good. I used to get pissed when I was a little kid and lost, it was good for me, it made me push myself.

Failure happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back