Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

So Paul Casey is apparently using this driver on the Euro Tour, according to Nike Golf's Facebook page. Might have to try and see if I can tune in and see how it looks on TV.

400360_10151241890908258_1442299325_n.png

TMex now wants this driver. :alien:

Lol I sure do!!!!! He is playing well. One day but its a start!

Really I'm going to get this driver s soon as it hits the shelves. I have shafts if the stock doesn't work out.

The swoosh on top isn't for me. At all. Sucks because I became a believer in their face technology after using some VRS clubs last year.

I most be in the select few that could care less what a club looks like. Yes, I want it to look decent to my eye, but I'm not going to nitpick a club apart because I don't like the brand. Yes the white of the R11 was a draw for me because of the clean look, but the performance is what sold me on it. The Covert is the same way. I could care less what the sole looks like. I don't see it at one point in my swing. Its like the cavity of irons, could care less if there was a unicorn painted in there. I don't see it and it in no way effects the performance of the club.

I just watched this video. Makes me want this driver even more.

It's like a James Bond commercial. Man, that big cavity isn't very good looking, but you have to wonder what it brings to the table.

Saw a story on Golf Channel about Michelle Wie trying one out and they didn't have her shaft so they had to get one in before it was going to be put in her bag. But boy did it look cool in the footage of her swinging the Red Boom Stick on the range!

It's starting to grow on me. Take it, custom matte black crown.....amazingness.

Suzann Pettersen is in contention at the LPGA Tournament, just drove the ball on the green at a 270 yard par 4 to about 15 feet. The red on the driver head is noticeable, but it's not ridiculous at all.

It's like a James Bond commercial. Man, that big cavity isn't very good looking, but you have to wonder what it brings to the table.

That cavity is on the bottom of the club, who cares?

Just look at the undercarriage of this Nissan 350Z. That car sure is ugly.

:alien:

:Alien:
32800d1136416826-undercarriage-image-undercarriage2.jpg

lol I hear you man. I'm not ugly-biased if a product is good (AMP), but it's definitely a different look.

lol I hear you man. I'm not ugly-biased if a product is good (AMP), but it's definitely a different look.

I hear you brother. The sole does matter because you do have to look at the sole everytime you take it out of your bag. I was giving you sh_ _ .

Black tie or whiteboard decisions. I didn't like seeing whiteheads in high school or on my tv. Nike I'm clearing a spot for you

I hear you brother. The sole does matter because you do have to look at the sole everytime you take it out of your bag. I was giving you sh_ _ .

LOL I think it reminds you of the Transformers.

Ary, how'd that thing sound on TV?

LOL I think it reminds you of the Transformers.

Ary, how'd that thing sound on TV?

I think that I only notice the sound of a driver when it's obnoxious, like that square Nike driver KJ Choi played back in the day. The Covert driver that Suzann is playing sounds pretty normal, for lack of a better term.

That makes perfect sense to me. Hard to tell on TV anyway.

Man that video is ballin. I really want to hit this bad boy

The more I hear about it, the more I want to give it some swings. Looking forward to getting our sample driver to review. I must hit this thing.

I'm with you JB, I want to hit this club in a bad way. I was talking about yesterday and if it performs better than the VRS, watch out.

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know the release date on this one? Believe I saw an online ad indicating this was selling for $299.

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know the release date on this one? Believe I saw an online ad indicating this was selling for $299.

End of January. Price does look to be $299

That is a very smart price point if that is what it is.

I'm definitely going to try it when it comes out. I have an on again off again relationship with a VR tour 10.5 I have. Played it this morning because my TM driver was getting about completely out of control. Very easy to hit driver for me and I actually like that whack sound it makes on good contact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Tour version goes for $399. I found that curious as they both use the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage shaft. Besides shape and face width, what would compel someone to purchase the Tour?

Back