What "bucket list" courses have you played?

St. Andrews old course

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I played Kaanapali and Kapalua's plantation on a trip to Maui. Those would probably be the only ones that would qualify.

Regioanlly, I also shelled out the money to play Predator Ridge in Vernon BC, which is about as nice and highly rated as it gets in British Columbia. I also won a foursome at Big Sky in Whistler, which was a riot.

Nothing has beaten the Plantation though.

Great thread Wake but i'm ashamed to say I really haven't played any of my bucket list courses.

I want to play some exclusive country clubs more than anything, I love the thought of playing Congressional, Riviera, Bayhill, and places like that.

I've got a long list but so far have only played one course on it and that was Harbour Town. There are many others on the list and hopefully I'll get to play them all, but I need to get started soon.

Cool thread. I've been fortunate to play a few:

Doral
Ocean Course Hammock Beach
Harbour Town
May River
Grand Cypress
Orange County National
TPC Sawgrass
Innisbrook Copperhead
Kapalua Plantation
Makena
Wailea Gold
Pasatiempo
Spyglass
Golden Horseshoe
Old Memorial
Old Course St. Andrews
Carnoustie
Kingsbarns
Royal Aberdeen
Lahinch
Old Head Golf Links
Waterville
Ballybunion
Tralee
Talking Stick

Last edited:
Did you get a caddie Ary? It's a must there to complete the experience!!

Had a caddie in 1 round, the other round was a scramble tournament so we were on our own.

My Bucket List is kinda fluid. But, here are the most significant courses that I've been lucky enough to cross off my list:

Agusta National
St. Andrews , Old Course, New Course
Pebble Beach
Turnberry (Ailsa)
Prestwick
Pasa Tiempo
Crystal Downs CC
Royal Troon (Old) and the other one too
Carnoustie
Peachtree Golf Club
Oakland Hills
Gullane Golf Club

Still to be Played (Near term):

Pinehurst #2 (Will play in March or April, won a silent auction for it)
Harbourtown
Murifield Village
Bandon Dune (all of them)
TPC Sawgrass

Ocean Course
Pinehurst (#1-8;notably #2)
TPC Scottsdale
TPC Sugarloaf
Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Caledonia
True Blue
Peachtree Golf Club

My Bucket List is kinda fluid. But, here are the most significant courses that I've been lucky enough to cross off my list:

Agusta National
St. Andrews , Old Course, New Course
Pebble Beach
Turnberry (Ailsa)
Prestwick
Pasa Tiempo
Crystal Downs CC
Royal Troon (Old) and the other one too
Carnoustie
Peachtree Golf Club
Oakland Hills
Gullane Golf Club

Still to be Played (Near term):

Pinehurst #2 (Will play in March or April, won a silent auction for it)
Harbourtown
Murifield Village
Bandon Dune (all of them)
TPC Sawgrass

I love seeing everyones lists but I would say this is the list to beat so far! Holy heck v man! Color me jealous.

I haven't played too many. Only ones I'd consider "bucket list" courses are:

Bandon Dunes (all 4, multiple times)
Chambers Bay (multiple times)

We are planning on making another trip to Bandon next month if the weather cooperates, and might be playing Chambers again with a couple THPers in a few weeks.

Ok I'll bite.

I've knocked off 3 that I'd consider bucket list.

1. Spyglass
2. Torrey Pines (north and south)
3. PGA West Stadium

Torrey is probably the only one I'll play again.

Just dawned on me how shallow I am with only 3 courses on my bucket list. One very close. The Prairie club, then Bandon, followed by the #1 on my list with Augusta National. (I would gladly settle to just see Augusta)

- California
Pebble Beach
Spyglass Hill
Pasatiempo
Torrey Pines South

- Dublin, Ireland
Portmarnock Golf Club
The Island
European Club

- Georgia (my home state)
Just regular stuff

Waikaloa
Princeville
Waialai
Kapalua
Pebble Beach
Spanish Bay
Torrey Pines
Monarch Beach
Arizona Biltmore
Woodlands
Las Colinas
Hamilton Farms
Golden Horseshoe
Disney (all)
St. Andrews (old)
Muirfield
Turnbury
Portrush

I'm jealous of some of these lists. Here's mine

Bethpage Black (awesome)
Ocean Course (awesome)
Caledonia
True Blue
We-ko-pa
Princeville
Torrey Pines

Will hit Hilton Head in April, should add a few more there.

Waikaloa
Princeville
Waialai
Kapalua
Pebble Beach
Spanish Bay
Torrey Pines
Monarch Beach
Arizona Biltmore
Woodlands
Las Colinas
Hamilton Farms
Golden Horseshoe
Disney (all)
St. Andrews (old)
Muirfield
Turnbury
Portrush

what'd you think of princeville?

My short list:

Pebble Beach
Bethpage Black
Grand Cypress

JB's thread about courses you want to play gave me the idea for this thread. What courses have you played that are frequently lusted after by golfers everywhere. I know many of you have played places like Pebble Beach, Pinehurst and Bandon. Let's hear about them.

I have played none of them! When I win the Powerball I will finance a THP event at the bucket list course of the admin's choice!

Just dawned on me how shallow I am with only 3 courses on my bucket list. One very close. The Prairie club, then Bandon, followed by the #1 on my list with Augusta National. (I would gladly settle to just see Augusta)

Me too bro!

I have played none of them! When I win the Powerball I will finance a THP event at the bucket list course of the admin's choice!

I am a notary public...so I just notarized that statement and we will hold you to it....hehehe

Man, some of these lists are fantastic! I need to get my butt in gear and knock of somemore of these things!

I'm happy to be so young. Certainly at some point in my life I hope to be able to play tons of the courses on these lists. I will certainly hit the public ones at some point, but after that it's just a matter of meeting people so I can play on the private courses.

Bandon Dunes. I want to go there with Dr. Teeth and play them all. Maybe not in the same day like he did. But all of them, me and Dr. Teeth. Walking the courses of Bandon Dunes.

Just let me know when and I will be there! I love me some Bandon Dunes!!!

Pine Valley
Merion
Baltusrol (Lower and Upper)
Plainfield
Aronimink
The Broadmoor (East and West)
Torrey Pines (South)
Barton Creek (Foothills, Canyons, Lakeside)
Bulle Rock
PGA West (Stadium)
Greenbrier (Old White and Greenbrier)
Troon North (Pinnacle)

and although not on any Top 100 rankings, one of my personal favorites is Palmetto Golf Club in Aiken, SC.

Dining Ding Ding! We have a winner! Pine Valley gets you the win hands down and to back that up with Merion and other great courses. There is a great story there and I would love to hear it!

Like JB these were on my list at one point or another.

sawgrass, Doral, BayHill, Innisbrooke, pumpkin ridge, bandon dunes, Thousand Oaks, Riviera, Torre Pines, la Costa resort and spa, Olympic Club, Tradition (palm springs), Adios (coral springs), university ridge, CC of Des Moines, East Lake, AAC, oakmont (upper and lower), Sun City (SA), Finkbind, Dancing Rabbit, pebble beach, spy glass, Spanish bay, RTJ, Congressional, Avenel, Heron Bay, PGA NAtional, Naples National, Harbour Town, Kiawah Island, black wolf run, cog hill, Medinah and Whistling Straights.

Like JB these were on my list at one point or another.

sawgrass, Doral, BayHill, Innisbrooke, pumpkin ridge, bandon dunes, Thousand Oaks, Riviera, Torre Pines, la Costa resort and spa, Olympic Club, Tradition (palm springs), Adios (coral springs), university ridge, CC of Des Moines, East Lake, AAC, oakmont (upper and lower), Sun City (SA), Finkbind, Dancing Rabbit, pebble beach, spy glass, Spanish bay, RTJ, Congressional, Avenel, Heron Bay, PGA NAtional, Naples National, Harbour Town, Kiawah Island, black wolf run, cog hill, Medinah and Whistling Straights.

That is one heckuva list Freddie. Wow.

Back