TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Yeah, it'll be interesting out on the course to see how the flight works out for me, I'm eager.

I expected a different sound coming in, at least a little bit, IMO you can't just cut a slot in a club and it NOT effect sound, just look at putters and what cutting a sound-slot/beaching does to the pitch of the sound. Not bad yet, just different.

I can't really speak on that because honestly the whole forged feel/sound being different than cast is absolute bunk to me. Plus, like I said above, I don't think you can cuts a slot into a club and have it NOT effect sound in some manner. It'll truly be a try it and decide for yourself thing though methinks. Thanks for the kind words!

As JB said, you should listen to the interview THP did with TM about these. The number on the club is NOT based on the loft, its based on the LAUNCH. So, if the slot tech can make a 26.5 club LAUNCH at the same angle as a 30* then they number it according to that, the LAUNCH, not the LOFT. I get what you're saying but you have to look at all sides of it, not JUST loft IMO. Also they are the same length as the 2.0's were so this isn't a new occurrence when you think about it.

Not trying to be a TM defender b/c all I care about is if it works or not, but I do think the whole picture needs to be seen.
So a 30 degree 6 iron launches at 30 degrees??? But TM's 26.5 launches at 30? So do 8.5 degree drivers launch at 8.5 degrees? A 10.5 @ 10.5 degrees? Sounds fishy cuz we all know that's not true... Oh well. I'm only pointing out that in a review, to do true apples to apples, a 30 deg club needs to go up against a 30 deg club in order to determine true distance vs true distance. But, others obviously disagree. I know that FOR SURE neither my 6 iron nor my driver launch at the stated loft angles...

So a 30 degree 6 iron launches at 30 degrees??? But TM's 26.5 launches at 30? So do 8.5 degree drivers launch at 8.5 degrees? A 10.5 @ 10.5 degrees? Sounds fishy cuz we all know that's not true... Oh well. I'm only pointing out that in a review, to do true apples to apples, a 30 deg club needs to go up against a 30 deg club in order to determine true distance vs true distance. But, others obviously disagree. I know that FOR SURE neither my 6 iron nor my driver launch at the stated loft angles...

This confuses me, you've taken both sides of the argument on one hand saying lofts must match lofts and launch doesn't matter and then in your last sentence acknowledging that loft does NOT equal launch. I think you need to go back and re-read what I've said. Plus, go listen to that radio show, excellent info in there about why they dont match clubs and numbers on them according to loft...and TM isn't alone in that. I never once said launch is the same as loft, in fact I emphatically said that it's not the same, hence the analogy about the two clubs I used.

In the end I guess I'm amazed at how hung up some are on loft numbers, if you know your gaps then why does it matter? If the added tech is increasing the launch enough that you can hit a lower lofted club easier, higher, AND longer that "traditional" lofts then why is that not a good thing? Isn't the objective to play what helps you play better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the strong loft argument could be done somewhere else since we've done it many times before, it's rarely one that goes anywhere, and this is a review thread.

As has been said, it's not a secret and I'm not sure why it becomes an ego thing. I've played weaker lofted irons and stronger lofted irons and I've enjoyed them all. What I typically am looking for is a good handle on how far each one hits the ball and a trajectory that I like. The last thing I'm looking at is whether my 7 iron is a couple degrees stronger or weaker. If we must do this again, let's do it in its own thread.

I think the strong loft argument could be done somewhere else since we've done it many times before, it's rarely one that goes anywhere, and this is a review thread.

As has been said, it's not a secret and I'm not sure why it becomes an ego thing. I've played weaker lofted irons and stronger lofted irons and I've enjoyed them all. What I typically am looking for is a good handle on how far each one hits the ball and a trajectory that I like. The last thing I'm looking at is whether my 7 iron is a couple degrees stronger or weaker. If we must do this again, let's do it in its own thread.

Im like you, if you know your distances, it doesn't matter whether I'm pulling a 6, 7, or 8 if I KNOW its the distance that I need.

By the way, AT LEAST two rounds today. Boom.

Write up this evening, of course.

Trying to figure out how I can get in some swings with these on Thursday or Friday.

By the way, AT LEAST two rounds today. Boom.

Write up this evening, of course.

Looking forward to your thoughts after today!

Any info on the adjustability of these irons? I understand you don't bend these, but you reorient the shaft to change lie angle. Does the also affect loft?

That's not something that I was aware of. Mine are 2° flat, but came that way.

Everything I'm reading indicates the notches make bending the irons easier and nothing about reorienting the shaft. Where are you seeing that out of curiosity?

Any info on the adjustability of these irons? I understand you don't bend these, but you reorient the shaft to change lie angle. Does the also affect loft?

My mistake. I see that the notch is external to provide leverage for bending. I initially thought the notch was internal. Sorry about that.

No worries at all. I've read very little about it so far.

Sergio Garcia has the RBladez Tour in the bag in Dubai this week.

I believe you will see quite a few guys put them in play as a trial run.

Sergio Garcia has the RBladez Tour in the bag in Dubai this week.

Are the tours released? I somehow missed pictures of those beauties if they were...

Still looking for yardage comparisons for those of you who've had a chance to hit the 'bladez vs. your previous gamers. Any insight you can provide is great!

I think my current irons know their days are numbered because they let me down pretty bad today. 2 more weeks..........I think I can make it......

Not until 2013.

Posted via tapatalk.

Not until 2013.

Posted via tapatalk.

That's what I thought I read, that they wouldn't be out until February or March.. I can't wait to see the variable.. I expect something similar to an R7/R9 tp variable.

You can check out taylormades Twitter feed and they have some pictures of them in his bag.

Posted via tapatalk.

e87aea1e341711e2b55422000a9f1377_7.jpg

I'll be curious to see how many of those trial runs turn permanent. Will they be playing the tour version that isn't out yet?

I'll be curious to see how many of those trial runs turn permanent. Will they be playing the tour version that isn't out yet?

That would be my guess Icey.

Anyone compare these to the Burner 2.0 or R11?
I got my 7 Rbladez in today with my specs which is 2 degrees flat and stock, stiff graphite. I compared my R11 7 iron to the Rbladez in the launch monitor and I was quite surprised. With the same swing speed, both clubs were virtually identical. I was quite surprised by this. I am not disappointed or anything and would be very comfortable playing these clubs, but I really thought the slot would make a difference and it did not make any at all today at my launch monitor session. I am really trying to get that feeling back as I had when I hit the 2.0's

Jman, Putting4bird and kmac played the 2.0. Scroll back through and I bet you'll find the info you are looking for.

Back