A very personal confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubtedly there's a backstory here of which I'm unaware. What I certainly have experienced during my time with THP is Morgan's hard work, intelligence, integrity and support of Josh, me and thousands of others she comes in contact with through her energies supporting this site. Morgan, I'm just really happy you're around and I can't imagine a better person to do what you're doing here.

So thank you for your confession and I'm certain it's the beginning of a positive move forward and a mending of whatever got broken.
And IF you ever get down, can I recommend the HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY thread. (Works for me!)

Rob

I just want everyone to know I did not post this to cause any added anger or hatred toward any person, place or thing, I did it because I wanted to explain the facts of a situation. I couldn't agree more about coexisting, I think that's how life should always be and I have no ill will toward any person, place or thing.

I also want to say thank you, thank you so much for the amazing support, I never wanted to share my families dirty laundry, quite frankly it's embarrassing for them, and breaks my heart that they have to be put on public display, they didn't ask for this, but what's done is done and hopefully we can all move on from this because I really am not sure if I have any tears left, I don't know where they are even coming from at this point.

Coexistence can only happen if both parties are willing to coexist and it doesn't appear that that is the case. It's ridiculous and childish but I guess it is what it is. We support you guys 100%.

Guys - I'll just say it again because I want you to really take it to heart.

End it. Emotions do not lend themselves to negotiation or logic. They make things like this happen and it needs to stop right here today. There are FAR more important things in this world than who the hell hates who and the little secrets that we all have. Don't let yourself be the one to make it continue whether it's in this thread, elsewhere on this forum, effing twitter, or any place else.

Morgan you've been nothing but great and helpful to me in the short time I've been a member. So people are upset you helped out your family, than let leave. You guys have given away a ton of product for testing prizes etc I don't know all the details but who's to say what you do with product given to you to do whatever you want to do with it? I'm sorry to hear you had to make this post and I feel bad that some people felt the need to try and trash you because they didn't get free stuff.

Morgan, I feel absolutely awful for you that you even have to address this, when it is clearly a personal family issue that should be handled behind closed doors. I do appreciate and admire you for coming forward and addressing the issue, as much as I hate that you had to and WHY you had to. I'm not going to address WHY we are discussing this, because frankly it is childish and I think it's high time everyone moves on and does their own thing at this point. Just know, there are a lot of us here that appreciate the work you and Josh do for us, day in and day out. With hard work, you and Josh both have built something truly special here. And no one can take that from you, no matter how hard they try, and how hard they lie. Keep your heads up.

I can not respond to this any better that what has already been put up by others so I will just say this. Family is very important to me and there is nothing I would not do to help my family if needed. Having said that there has been alot of crazy activity around here lately and I do not really care for it one bit. I think all this crap needs to end and let's just move on with things and life. I agree with SW when he said " It doesn't have to an ugly situation, things can coexist peacefully and without ill will or playing games " and that is how it should be. (wow I am actually agreeing with SW :D ). Morgan you are very brave to start this thread but as I have gotten to know you for the last 3 years I would expect nothing less out of you.

Morgan, it sucks that you had to say this. It is a personal family matter and anyone of us would have done the same thing in the same situation. Hopefully your family has better days ahead and i'll be praying for you and them.

Morgan,

I just want to say what you did here was admirable. I would've done the same thing if put in that situation. You have shown nothing but strength in this situation. I pray that financially, your family will prosper over the coming years.

Jonathan

This is sad for a Friday. Sorry it had to be said, but you did what you thought was best, and I respect that.

and you also need to consider the source of the senseless allegations

Stop for a second and think about this. Do you seriously think calling out anyone makes you any better than whoever alleged these things in the first place? Why would that have to be brought into a thread like this?

Morgan, I'm sorry that any of this happened. Your family should come first to you as it obviously does. I think that if the circumstances involving the eBay account were known in the first place that none of this would have come to light. That's unfortunatey the situtiation that we are in at this point in time: two sides with two completely different stories. This should have been no one's business but those involved.

I'll say this Morgan:

I think the only issue of ethics is between you, JB and the vendors. If the vendors had an expectation that the equipment provided would not be sold by yourself or a reviewer, then you likely need to clear the air with them. If however, they had the expectation that the equipment provided would be reviewed and then was yours or the reviewer's to do with as they please, then there's no ethical issue whatsoever.

I suspect the latter is the case. I suspect the vendors don't put restrictions on what happens to the equipment after it's reviewed/tested and they fully expect that some reviewers will eventually sell excess or older model equipment.

There's no ethical issue as far as we are concerned. We have no right to demand that certain things are done with the equipment. It's your hard work and relationship with the vendors that allows this wonderful site to provide so many benefits to us. If everything is on the up and up with the vendors, the members of this site should have absolutely no issue with you guys selling what you don't need. This site isn't recreation for you - it's your livelihood.

With all that said, if you're in need, just ask. I donate all the time to those less fortunate, and it would warm my heart to help your family. I can't do a ton by myself, but if the other members of this site are willing to put forth their normal collective goodness, there may be a surprising amount of support received. Put up a PayPal link and let's see what we can do together.

Sorry to hear the turmoil you've had to deal with GG; I hope you know that we support you and your decisions in the fullest. Family is the most important thing and commend you for doing what you can to help them within your power.

Keep your head up and most of us here will support you in anyway we can.

I don't get the bolded parts at all. It's funny how much confusion this post has generated here. That proves that at least one side of these rumours are attempting coexistence.

There is no good excuse. The fact that Morgan had to out this is absolutely ridiculous.

What is there not to get?

Edit: Rhino I always knew there was hope for you.

Hard for me to add anything that hasn't been said yet. Keep your chin up.

I'm trying to post something about the internet being the worst place to sort out personal problems, angry people too quick to accuse others, people not knowing stuff but making assumptions, but I can't quite word it correctly in order for it to sum up what I'm trying to say.

Morgan, I know this place is your life, but in the end, you would trade it all for your family. There's nothing wrong with that.

I can not respond to this any better that what has already been put up by others so I will just say this. Family is very important to me and there is nothing I would not do to help my family if needed. Having said that there has been alot of crazy activity around here lately and I do not really care for it one bit. I think all this crap needs to end and let's just move on with things and life. I agree with SW when he said " It doesn't have to an ugly situation, things can coexist peacefully and without ill will or playing games " and that is how it should be. (wow I am actually agreeing with SW :D ). Morgan you are very brave to start this thread but as I have gotten to know you for the last 3 years I would expect nothing less out of you.

This ^^^ says everything that needs to be said.

Morgan, I'm sorry that any of this happened. Your family should come first to you as it obviously does. I think that if the circumstances involving the eBay account were known in the first place that none of this would have come to light. That's unfortunatey the situtiation that we are in at this point in time: two sides with two completely different stories. This should have been no one's business but those involved.

No offense here, but it was not our goal to make it anybody's business. As you said in the last line, it was no one's business but those involved. However that was not our decision. That decision was made for my wife based on what a few people decided to do.

WOW... that's lunch "time for a drink"..

no shame in doing what you did, just a shame it had to come to this.
just know we're all here for you and support all that you do.

I'll say this Morgan:

I think the only issue of ethics is between you, JB and the vendors. If the vendors had an expectation that the equipment provided would not be sold by yourself or a reviewer, then you likely need to clear the air with them. If however, they had the expectation that the equipment provided would be reviewed and then was yours or the reviewer's to do with as they please, then there's no ethical issue whatsoever.

I suspect the latter is the case. I suspect the vendors don't put restrictions on what happens to the equipment after it's reviewed/tested and they fully expect that some reviewers will eventually sell excess or older model equipment.

There's no ethical issue as far as we are concerned. We have no right to demand that certain things are done with the equipment. It's your hard work and relationship with the vendors that allows this wonderful site to provide so many benefits to us. If everything is on the up and up with the vendors, the members of this site should have absolutely no issue with you guys selling what you don't need. This site isn't recreation for you - it's your livelihood.

With all that said, if you're in need, just ask. I donate all the time to those less fortunate, and it would warm my heart to help your family. I can't do a ton by myself, but if the other members of this site are willing to put forth their normal collective goodness, there may be a surprising amount of support received. Put up a PayPal link and let's see what we can do together.

well said and rep added for it!!

I'm stumbling on this a little but it saddens me that you had to post this GG. Under no circumstances should you feel guilty for helping your family. Anyone I know would do the same thing given a situation like that.

Just know that we all support you. You've done so much for so many people.

Don't know what to say, it's been said in so many ways already, I love THP and I consider you Morgan as very nice & warm person and I hate to see that you have to go trough something like this. You shouldn't have to explain your actions, but as it seems, sometimes it's needed to get things to perspective.

Stand tall, support your family and friends, that's what I consider a good person to be, that's you.

No offense here, but it was not our goal to make it anybody's business. As you said in the last line, it was no one's business but those involved. However that was not our decision. That decision was made for my wife based on what a few people decided to do.

None taken, and I agree that the circumstances surrounding it all should never have been public knowledge. It's a tough situation in that you have those who feel that they have been wronged, and often times when that happens, information that should stay private is leaked to those that it shouldn't be.

None taken, and I agree that the circumstances surrounding it all should never have been public knowledge. It's a tough situation in that you have those who feel that they have been wronged, and often times when that happens, information that should stay private is leaked to those that it shouldn't be.

Yes, other people were in the wrong and the byproduct of that is a family gets shamed and embarrassed further than they have. People can choose to support that and that is fine, but frankly I do not want to hear right now the reasons of why something was shared as fact repeatedly when it was not and because of it my wife had to relive this and make this public. Mocking and angry things can be said, but it will not be by us. We do not believe in that and will not go down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back