Overrated Equipment??

Whoops, sorry JB!

Golf Shoes. Are they nice to have? Yeah. Are they gonna lower your score? IMO, no.

Im going to agree with bridges here. If it was just things that did not work for me compared to others findings, the list would be quite long. Starting with

910 Driver
R11 Driver
SuperFast 2.0 Driver
Adams CB1 & CB2

I mean I could be here all day long. :act-up:

How dare you diss my driver sir!!

Golf Shoes. Are they nice to have? Yeah. Are they gonna lower your score? IMO, no.

Out of curiosity, have you tried them?

I'm going to say tall people. I know it don't fit what the op had in mind, but tall people suck. They are simply a waste of time and do nothing but tear up the course because their swing is too long to keep track of, so half the time they either dig or play army golf. Tall people should be banned from the course! "End of rant"

Hmmm I might have to go with +1

Edit: Sorry JB. I'll go with golf carts. Get off your butts and enjoy the walk people. Ignore me if you are hurt by the way

images

Never before in the golf industry has a coat of paint caused so much hype based on anything BUT performance.

Hmmm I might have to go with +1

I'm not even going to respond to this statement because this thread would get out of hand quickly. I'm going to say putters are overrated. They think the're so cool, with how many times you use them, well I putt with my Mashie now out of spite.

That's an opinion with which I'll disagree.

Kevin

I have. I had a pair of black leather Nike golf shoes. I still have them, actually. They are in my car, as they no longer fit, as I discovered mid round this January.

Did I enjoy them when they fit? Yeah. Would I pay boo koo bucks for them? No. Did they let me play better? I doubt it.

Out of curiosity, have you tried them?

I can understand this response. Many love them. Maybe my pair just sucked?

Kevin

Kevin

Agreed. Since finding good shoes, I think few things have made my game better. Better balance, better traction and more comfort.

Agreed. Since finding good shoes, I think few things have made my game better. Better balance, better traction and more comfort.

Perhaps I have just not found a good pair yet. I currently play my rounds in a pair of Columbia Hiking shoes. I find no problems with traction, they breath wonderfully, have a great flexability, have waterproofed lower sections, and are EXTREMELY light.

Just about anything (balls, clubs, tees, shoes, gloves, the beverage I drink) that claims I can get 5-10 more yards if I just pony up.

I think I have to agree with the general consensus that is Hybrids > 3 Woods. I can hit the 3 Wood fine from a tee but on the FW, well that's a different story. The hybrid on the other hand hits well wherever I have it. I also don't like hitting my 5i either. Part of this is most likely due to being new to the game.

TOUR BALLS for those who don't need thm. For my game, I've realized I do just as well with $20 mid-spin balls. Nothing more laughable than beginners or country club type (ok, wealthy) lousey players gaming Pro V's just because they can.

Last edited:
Everything is both overrated and underrated. What works for me more than likely won't work for others and vise versa. What is highly rated by some, will be rated low by others. There is no right or wrong anser. JMO

Ding, ding, ding, Winner, winner, ^^^^^this.

I say hybrids and a lone 56* sand wedge just because I prefer long irons and 4 or more wedges. But that doesn't mean the previous responses were off base. It is just an opinion.

For me it's gotta be the 3-wood. I know all the pros carry one but there are so few holes where driver is too much off the tee (for us hackers), and even then, why not just have a 5 wood, or a 3 hybrid?

Most anything made by medicus. They overstate their product and hide subscription to things you may not want in their ordering process.

New drivers that come out ever 6 months that claim to be longer and more forgiving.

I like revivals.

Forged blades are my new overrated equipment. Doesn't mean I don't want a set. Other than looks, they bring nothing to an amateur's game.

The lob wedge. Most folks find them comforting because they are short but to get truly consistent ball flight with that much loft is an experts game.

The modern 'wedge' in a set is basically a nine iron by both loft and sole grind and is best suited for full swings. Beyond that a 49-51 degree club with moderate bounce and 54-56 degree club with large bounce give one all the versatility they need and are much easier for mere mortals to hit consistently.

TOUR BALLS for those who don't need thm. For my game, I've realized I do just as well with $20 mid-spin balls. Nothing more laughable than beginners or country club type (ok, wealthy) lousey players gaming Pro V's just because they can.
the price of tour balls

I'd have to say it would be 913 for me. My 910 is fine and I saw no difference between them.

Titleist drivers I feel are the most overrated.

I like revivals.

Forged blades are my new overrated equipment. Doesn't mean I don't want a set. Other than looks, they bring nothing to an amateur's game.

I never knew you felt that way...hehe

Scotty. Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back