Datrek Go-Lite 14 Stand Bag - THP Preview

Yeah, you don't see many stand bags with 14 way dividers. After using a Staff bag though, I think I am about done with the 14 ways. I think I will go with four to six way dividers from now on.

Nice looking bag but I steer clear of anything white, I don't want to have to clean it constantly. I would like to see some pictures of the black/color combo.

What makes the beverage sleeve different than the rest?

I REALLY like the top view, the rest MEH

Hahaha, the white is a bit of a worry for my clumsy/messy self too dude.

Look up a few posts dude!

Haha you must have just wrapped up your post as I was starting mine! One minute a part!

Thanks for those pics. Definitely looks like a solid stand system.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

sharp looking bag. Looking forward to your long term thoughts on it. Looks built well to hold up but will be interesting if it really does.

I was not on the site a whole lot yesterday so I missed this one Jman. I have owned a few Datrek 14 way cart bags but never a 14 way stand bag. I did like the cart bags a lot, well designed and sharp looking, but they only lasted me about a year each, I am interested in the long term on this stand bag. I hope you will post here occasionally over a long period of time.

great review Jman. i think it looks good not a huge fan of white because i know how dirty it would get but still looks good.

I'm not a fan of dividers but I'd been inclined to use this bag. It looks to be sturdy and streamlined. I'm a fan of the pockets and storage. The glove Velcro is cool.

Good looking bag here, thanks for the review Jman.

Loaded up its nice over the shoulders, feels much better/lighter than the Ogio I used to carry.

As I mentioned up top, at 5lbs it is right on par and comparable to the likes of the PING Hoofer. It's quite impressive if it holds up well, I'm excited to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exciting to hear! I'm shouldering a Callaway bag now which seems to be really heavy compared to some of the newer bags (like this one). Interested to see how this one plays out, and also how well it works on a cart/push cart.

Best of luck with it!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Thanks for all the comments everyone, going to get out tomorrow with it but its undecided if I'll carry or ride since when I get out of school its always a race against daylight.

Again, if you have any specific questions or anything you'd like to see close ups of, let me know!

Thanks for all the comments everyone, going to get out tomorrow with it but its undecided if I'll carry or ride since when I get out of school its always a race against daylight.

Again, if you have any specific questions or anything you'd like to see close ups of, let me know!

I would love to know how this bag works if you try to ride. I have never found a stand bag that would work halfway decent on a cart. Obvious reason to have a cart bag if you are going to ride more than walk.

I would love to know how this bag works if you try to ride. I have never found a stand bag that would work halfway decent on a cart. Obvious reason to have a cart bag if you are going to ride more than walk.

Something I definitely plan on looking at buddy. Especially since part of the info for this one is that the base is conducive for riding carts, I've traditionally hated how stand bags tend to slide and turn when in a cart.

Will be getting out with this one today, still haven't decided if I'm going to walk or ride, depends on how empty the course is when I get there. I'll have some thoughts either way later tonight.

So, I got out and RODE today since it was 82* out but starting at 3:45 I lose sunlight at 5:30, so it was the best option and a good chance to check out how the Go-Lite would ride...and its claims to a "riding cart compatible base". This was of specific interest to me because I've always hated how stand bags without a strap ride AND even the SM Sync I switched to does the same thing when I play alone and it IS a cart bag.

Well....I never touched the bag once for adjustments, and this is what it looked like after 18 holes of off roading and crazy butt driving:
33199640-3F06-48FB-9BB6-C58D08F8DE26-14765-000010B3A9D6BCDC.jpg

Still JUST like I put it on. The base of the bag appears to be almost deeper and shaped to fit snugly into the carts bag slot in the back. Not to where its hard to get in or anything like that, it slides right in, but it just fits the dimensions well from front to back, which keeps the bag from twisting. This was a VERY pleasant surprise for me.

On the day, the 14 way divider worked liked most others do, in the upright riding position there were a couple of times where I struggled a bit to get the club to settle into the bottom of the bag but no more than I'm already used to with my Sync. I'll be curious to see how this goes carrying and on the inclined push cart as when the legs are extended I've had no hang ups at all around the house taking/putting clubs in/out for pictures.

I must say also, it looks pretty dang good on there to my eyes.

I plan on getting out again this week after work with the push cart and then carrying this weekend for a round or two.

So far though, its certainly WAY early but it has my attention.

Also, you'll notice I forgot to put my THP Spotless Swing towel on, that SUCKED not having a towel during the round. Ugh.

Such a sharp looking bag! Nice to see some riding cart compatibility. Not a common thing with stand bags.

Such a sharp looking bag! Nice to see some riding cart compatibility. Not a common thing with stand bags.

Its what I was dreading the most AND the most curious about since they mentioned the base being riding cart compatible. The ONLY stand bag I ever really liked on a cart was an Ogio with the Torq Strap on the back that you looped through the basket. This really didn't twist at all, and I was 4-wheel driving it on some holes today sadly.

Thanks for addressing my issue JMan. The sliding was my main concern. I look forward to her how it works on a pull cart.

nice looking bag. how much does it weigh?

Pretty sharp looking on the cart. I just realized with this pic how nice the handle is by the top of the bag. Has it ever gotten in the way with getting your putter out?

Thanks for addressing my issue JMan. The sliding was my main concern. I look forward to her how it works on a pull cart.

No problem buddy, I'm here for you guys!

nice looking bag. how much does it weigh?

As mentioned in the first post, its 5lbs, right on par with the PING Hoofer that so many carriers love.

Pretty sharp looking on the cart. I just realized with this pic how nice the handle is by the top of the bag. Has it ever gotten in the way with getting your putter out?

I wondered if it would at first, it really doesn't and is actually pretty nice for a rest to point my putter's/HC's toe out that way.

No problem buddy, I'm here for you guys!
As mentioned in the first post, its 5lbs, right on par with the PING Hoofer that so many carriers love.
I wondered if it would at first, it really doesn't and is actually pretty nice for a rest to point my putter's/HC's toe out that way.

sorry i guess i missed that. 5 lbs? that's pretty good.

sorry i guess i missed that. 5 lbs? that's pretty good.

No worries dude!

It really is, I was quite impressed, a HECK of alot lighter than my last Ogio stand bag IIRC.

Well, I got out to walk with this one over the ole shoulders on Saturday, been a long while since I've walked without my ClicGear. That said, WAY the heck lighter feeling loaded up than my old Ogio was, and had to be by a good 3 lbs going by feel. That's a big deal whilst walking for sure.

I also wanted to mention one thing I saw from my round:

DSC_0532-L.jpg

The handle that you can see above and that Oregon mentioned in his question, this thing is awesome while walking. It made it to where when I went to sit the bag down for a shot I could actually just grab that with my right hand and slide it right off and sit it out for the legs to expand. I was impressed with this.

As to looks, still clean! (Even though it took the full force of a sand shot...whoops! Hehe) Also all stitching apprears to be holding up quite well and the mechanism isn't loose at all.

I plan on getting a ClicGear round with it on Thursday!

Back