Which Option Would You Take?

I agree it depends on the person and the individual strengths or weakness of their game. I know that for me, I actually do better with mid irons because I pick bigger targets. I go for greens, and not pin hunting. If I pin hunt, things don't always turn out as well as I would hope. Because of that, I will take the putts.

So we can both agree that I'm right. :alien:

That works, lol. Speaking of which, how can I actually make this happen? I want those 15 yards!

That works, lol. Speaking of which, how can I actually make this happen? I want those 15 yards!

Dude, just keep buying new drivers until you find the one that does it. Also remember, if it doesn't have an aftermarket shaft that costs less than $300, you're not trying.

Medicine ball drills. YouTube tpi Kyle Stanley.

I just youtubed "tpi Kyle Stanley". I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for. Nothing looks like medicine ball drills.

I would take the guaranteed putts any day. Fifteen extra yards may be deeper in the trees or further down the fairway. It could bite you as easily as it could help. Two putts is two strokes less, every time.

The more I think about it...give me the 15 yards. That would put a lot more wedges and short irons in my hands on my shots into the green, that would help me lower my score by more than 2 strokes a round. I'm already a decent enough putter and on days when I'm nailing the driver well my scores are considerably lower than the rest. Give me the yards please.

Putts. The yardage would be nice but the putts are 2 guaranteed strokes off the scorecard.

I'd take the putts! 15 yards farther into the field, woods or other fairway wouldn't help me. Making a few long putts would boost my putting confidence and I think I'd sink a few extras cause of it.

Putts all day every day for me. I'm happy with the fairway performance as of late and the 15 yards wouldn't help as much as the extra made dunks.

Since I make alot of putts in that range already, I will go with the 15 yards on every single drive....that's almost 2 full clubs off my approach shots..so instead of hitting 6 iron I am hitting 8 iron....I like my chances over the 12 holes where I hit driver on my home course to make up well more than the guanteed 2 putts.

Id love the guarantee of a couple of long putts per round.

I didnt.

:03, :15, :26 were the biggest things. Definitely take care of both sides of the body.

That video felt dirty to me. And not the good kind of dirty.

This question certainly depends on ones game and just which parts of it are working better or worse at a given time.

I'm a high capper again struggling for that below 90 score. When i'm playing well enough to almost get there it is usually my putting and my driving that are the two better parts of my game. My putting being the stronger (more reliable) of the two. I dont 3 putt much at all if only couple times per round.

My iron play (aproaches) are the worst part. So for me even though i drive fairly long, I'll still take the extra 15yrds so that i have that shorter club/s (bit easier aproach) which I believe can offer more oportunity for lower score more times than the 2 garenteed strokes. A wedge is better than a 9i and an 8i is better than a 6i and a 6i is better than a 5 or 4 at least for the most part.

Its really a risk reward question. Given two vs having oportunity to make more than two. 4th and 1 from the 1. Take the 3 pnts or risk it for the 4 extra pnts???

I would take the putts, thats almost automatically two strokes per round and I hit long irons better than short irons anyway. If the course is so long that I need 15 yards, I would probably move up a set of tees.

Already pretty long off the tee. More yards off the tee is nice, but 15 yards more off line could actually lead to worse scores, and JB didn't guarantee 15 yards and in the short stuff so this is an absolute no brainer with making 2 more putts in the 10-15 foot range.

In fact, in a couple recent rounds I dialed down the driver swing to hit more fairways and shoot lower scores (should have done this in myrtle beach too, but I'm an idiot). I probably lost about 15 yards per drive and my scores were better than usual. 2 more putts made in that 10-15 foot range is absolutely huge.

Although I like the sounds of a guaranteed 2 strokes off, I personally think an extra 15 yards would be far greater in stroke savings IMO. Why limit yourself at 2 strokes saved?
You mentioned earlier you're already overpowering most courses. 15 more yards then is just goint to put you through doglegs and into bad places I would think, no?

Although I'm fine with my driver and putter at the moment, I'd take the putts. 10 -15 ft. range is substantial, even exponentially depending on the green. I don't mind longer approach shots. In fact, I prefer 150 yards over 120 yards; just more automatic for me.

Give me the putts all day every day. I'm happy with my distance and my putting is my weakness. Also I try to play to a number so I don't use a driver as often as some.

I'd take the putts.. I struggle with putting & makeing those 2 putts would help me more then 15 extra yards per drive.

Just give it alittle Tapatalk

Can I take straighter drives instead? haha. I feel my putting is really improving, I would probably take the distance off the tee

I'd take the two extra made putts a round. I don't care that much about extra distance. Plus, as several others have mentioned, the two extra made putts guarantees that you will lower your score, while the extra distance will only guarantee that you will use a lower club on your approach shots.

Back