The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents gave the teacher permission to smack me if I was getting out of line. Most of the time it was just a look or comment from the teacher and that would be enough to shut me up. "You seem to know the material well, especially with that great failing quiz score you just turned in. Why don't you teach this next part?" No further commentary needed.

Is sarcasm frowned upon in responding to students? Or does it most of the time just go right over their head anyway?

Oh, hey there Ohio.. I did not miss you at all.

20121210_160736.jpg

My parents gave the teacher permission to smack me if I was getting out of line. Most of the time it was just a look or comment from the teacher and that would be enough to shut me up. "You seem to know the material well, especially with that great failing quiz score you just turned in. Why don't you teach this next part?" No further commentary needed.

Is sarcasm frowned upon in responding to students? Or does it most of the time just go right over their head anyway?

I'm a master of sarcasm. Most don't get it, if they do they often can't muster a retort. Funnily enough, the sarcastic kids are the ones that like my class the most.

I'm a master of sarcasm. Most don't get it, if they do they often can't muster a retort. Funnily enough, the sarcastic kids are the ones that like my class the most.

Usually the case I bet. It was for me when I was that age. The teachers who had sarcasm also had good senses of humor so you could banter a bit but knew where the line was.

Usually the case I bet. It was for me when I was that age. The teachers who had sarcasm also had good senses of humor so you could banter a bit but knew where the line was.

Bingo! You MUST treat them like human beings and not prisoners, generations change and you have to adapt like it or not. Just by cutting up with the kids when its appropriate, they feel like they are being treated as actual people, it does wonders to get even the biggest d-bags to actually trust you and apply themselves in your class....or at least to fail quietly and not disturb others.

Thank you Miller Lite, for giving me a sophisticated and effortless way to shotgun a beer...

uhyny9eq.jpg

Thank you Miller Lite, for giving me a sophisticated and effortless way to shotgun a beer...

Just now figuring out that little tidbit? Love that thing man, works like a charm.

i always popped my at the top back. Seemed to work and rarely spilled :alien:

I've never ever had egg nog. Am I insane?

Just the sound of its name has always turned me off, and I have no clue why.

I've never had it without alcohol in it haha

Totally agree on the name.

Yes you are.

I had the pumpkin spice egg nog this weekend. It was DELICIOUS!!!

And yes, you're insane. Try it bro!

Eggnog is the only alcoholic drink I wont do. Give me Church wine over eggnog. I'll pound Zima with MikeDean before I drink eggnog.

I'm drinking it tomorrow! Jacqui is making it for the golf course party.

Eggnog is the only alcoholic drink I wont do. Give me Church wine over eggnog. I'll pound Zima with MikeDean before I drink eggnog.

You haven't had good egg nog!

Yes you are.

Thanks boss. Ha!

I do need to try it out, I was telling my wife that the other day when we were at the store, she thinks I'm nuts.

I had the pumpkin spice egg nog this weekend. It was DELICIOUS!!!

And yes, you're insane. Try it bro!

OK, now pumpkin spice makes it sound a hell of a lot better. I need to make this happen tomorrow.

This is what I'm fearful of, that I will hate it with a passion! I guess there's only one way to find out though, right?

I haven't either. It sounds gross though.

Egg nog is legit. Love that stuff!

I haven't either. It sounds gross though.

Dont listen to them, it is gross. Spend your time with more refined refreshments, like Natural Light or Keystone Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back