2013 Adams Super Speedline S/LS Fairways - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Some information from Adams on their 2013 Fairway Wood lineup of the Super Speedline S and Super Speedline LS:

Adams 2013 Speedline Super S Fairway Wood:
EASY TO HIT...FROM ANYWHERE.

You're gonna have a tough decision after hitting the SUPER S Fairway Wood – "do I even need my driver?" That's what ridiculous distance and easy-to-hit performance will do to a golfer. Distance from the tee box or on that long second shot into a Par 5 … no problem.
  • Cut-Thru VST in the sole increases CT to 230 creating an ultra hot face for incredible ball speeds.
  • Refined Crown Slot creates higher launch angle without increasing spin for longer carry distance.
  • Matte White Crown with Contrasting PVD Face increases apparent club size and ease of alignment for increased confidence at address.
  • 13.5*, 15*, 18*
  • Right AND Left-Handed
  • Matrix Radix S 60g
Speedline_SuperS fw 3 d-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperS fw 3-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperS fw crown-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperS fw heel-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperS fw face-L.jpg

Adams 2013 Super LS Speedline Fairway Wood:
EASY TO HIT...FARTHER THAN YOUR BUDDY’S DRIVER.

Hitting those Par 5s in two just got much easier for you with the SUPER LS Fairway Wood. Yeah, it's that hot. The USGA limit for spring-like effect is 256, and this is near the limit at 250. That's because of the refined slots on the sole and crown plus the multi-materials that are built into this club. All combined for a super hot fairway wood that can also be adjusted specific to your preference with 16 tunable settings. BOOM!
  • VST in the sole increases CT to 250.
  • Refined crown slot creates higher launch angle without increasing spin for longer carry distance.
  • Titanium crown and face + stainless steel sole + VST = maximum face hotness.
  • Maximum adjustability allows for customized face angle, length and swing weight for maximum performance.
  • Matte white crown with contrasting PVD face increases apparent club size and ease of alignment for increased confidence at address.
  • 13*, 15*, 18*
  • ALL in Right Hand, 15*/18* in Left Hand
  • Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 70g
Speedline_SuperLS fw crown-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperLS fw 15-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperLS fw face-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperLS fw heel-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperLS fw toe-L.jpg

Speedline_SuperLS fw 15 b-L.jpg

Last edited:
I must try these one of these days soon.

That 4th pic is very intriguing. I had no idea that slot on the sole was so pronounced. Wow.

I admit to having less interest in these than I do the hybrids or even the LS driver. I can't say I was a fan of the Speedline at all.

I actually really like the looks of those!

• Staff
I want to hit the LS. I really do.

But as easy as the S Hybo has been for me, I'm curious about that 13.5, even if I do still hate the crown graphics.

Not a bug Adams fan but man I love the look of these. From the sounds of it they're hotter than the RBZ woods. When is this being released/tested?

Meh on both, just like the drivers. I like the LS best out of the two, but neither really does anything for me.

Once again, I'll let the club do the talking when I hit it, but I truly don't look at that top line and think "top tier' golf club right away. I just think the white with the writing has cheapened the look from the grey/silver of last year.

• Staff
Not a bug Adams fan but man I love the look of these. From the sounds of it they're hotter than the RBZ woods. When is this being released/tested?

I'll try to figure the release date out for ya.

Once again, I'll let the club do the talking when I hit it, but I truly don't look at that top line and think "top tier' golf club right away. I just think the white with the writing has cheapened the look from the grey/silver of last year.
I loved the silver. Loved. I'm extremely indifferent to white, just never been a big fan. But, performance always speaks loudest. I'd be interested to try the low lofted models.

I loved the silver. Loved. I'm extremely indifferent to white, just never been a big fan. But, performance always speaks loudest. I'd be interested to try the low lofted models.

It seems like TaylorMade has been pushing the envelope of lofts, and it doesn't surprise me that Adams quickly falls into it as well.

13* is beast. Makes me wonder when drivers and woods will start overlapping... Why hit a giant driver when you can hit a small wood? Just interesting to me.

JMan, you accidentally wrote driver on the second product release.

These do sound like they're going to be as long if not a little longer than the rbz 3w if the face is as hot and close to the legal limit as they say.

It seems like TaylorMade has been pushing the envelope of lofts, and it doesn't surprise me that Adams quickly falls into it as well.

13* is beast. Makes me wonder when drivers and woods will start overlapping... Why hit a giant driver when you can hit a small wood? Just interesting to me.
True, its all about the launch though rather than the loft. The way all these clubs now can launch SO high for such allow loft is astounding to me, ya know?

The only reason I even carry a 3-wood anymore is for something else off the tee on the shorter 4's, I'm not a big off the deck 3w guy anyways.

JMan, you accidentally wrote driver on the second product release.

These do sound like they're going to be as long if not a little longer than the rbz 3w if the face is as hot and close to the legal limit as they say.
Got it, thanks, I think I'm slowly going insane. Hahaha

True, its all about the launch though rather than the loft. The way all these clubs now can launch SO high for such allow loft is astounding to me, ya know?

The only reason I even carry a 3-wood anymore is for something else off the tee on the shorter 4's, I'm not a big off the deck 3w guy anyways.

I like the cut of your jib, as I follow the same logic.. I almost never hit 3w off the deck anymore. That's why I wonder so much, with these low spin/high launch shafts, why/when drivers and their massive heads become obsolete due to these impressive wood options.

Love the look of these. I'll be in the market for a FW next season and these just might be on the list. I'm going to have a long list to work through.

Got it, thanks, I think I'm slowly going insane. Hahaha

All good man. Feel free to send that Razr Fit combo as payment for my editor skills :)

How will these compare with the Super XTD line?

How will these compare with the Super XTD line?

The LS's om the Fairways and Hybo's are basically the next model of the XTD's, to the point of having XTD on the hosel with the loft of the club. Is it just new paint? They would say no and I'm trying to figure that out myself since I played the 19* XTD hybrid last year myself and am testing the LS and S right now, jusry is still out on that for me personally.

The LS's om the Fairways and Hybo's are basically the next model of the XTD's, to the point of having XTD on the hosel with the loft of the club. Is it just new paint? They would say no and I'm trying to figure that out myself since I played the 19* XTD hybrid last year myself and am testing the LS and S right now, jusry is still out on that for me personally.
Ok from one golfer to the other, is the XTD really worth two and a half bills? Cause if they are and it's going to help me off the deck and the tee, I'm going to order one. I wish I could try the hybrid. Edwin Watts doesn't have one.

Ok from one golfer to the other, is the XTD really worth two and a half bills? Cause if they are and it's going to help me off the deck and the tee, I'm going to order one. I wish I could try the hybrid. Edwin Watts doesn't have one.
Dude, that's SO subjective that its hard to say. I liked last years models a LOT, but some people just don't get on really well with them. I wish you could find a way to try them out, that's for sure.

Dude, that's SO subjective that its hard to say. I liked last years models a LOT, but some people just don't get on really well with them. I wish you could find a way to try them out, that's for sure.
Gah me too! So bad! Damn Edwin Watts! Damn them to hell!

These just arrived at THP HQ and will head out to one of the THP staff writers for full review.

These just arrived at THP HQ and will head out to one of the THP staff writers for full review.

Very cool! I can't wait to hear about the performance. Have to think it's gotten better with potentially added tech.

I can't wait to hear more about these as well. The Adams FW and hybrids have been right up near the top of my ponder list for the past few months.

Back