Freakonomics Golf Experience

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw an interesting tweet from Luke Donald about this opportunity in Florida in January. Here is the full link: http://freakonomicsgolfapplication.wufoo.com/forms/freakonomics-golf/

The information from the link is quoted below, you can apply and get free golf! It seems like Luke Donald and his coach are working with the authors of Freakonomics in order to apply it for golf, seems really interesting to me. If I lived in Florida, I would be all over this.

The Freakonomics Golf Experience is an intensive 3-day golf extravaganza designed by Luke Donald, his coach Pat Goss, and Stephen Dubner & Steve Levitt (authors of Freakonomics ). Over a 3-day period, you will play 45 holes and complete an additional 8 hours of golf drills, challenges, and structured practice, all at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Florida. All four organizers—including Luke!—will be on hand to provide golf advice and encouragement. The Golf Challenge isn’t for the faint of heart, but it may just be for you and your friends. You don’t need to be a good golfer—just a passionate one.

So, what will we provide for you at the Golf Experience?
We’ll pay for 45 holes of golf at PGA Village courses and design an array of golf activities for you. We’re covering meals, lodging for January 17–20, and transportation to and from the course. We’ll also be giving out prizes linked to a series of fun competitions!

What are your responsibilities?
If accepted to the Golf Experience, show up on January 18, clubs in tow, ready to golf, golf, golf! You’ll be on the hook to cover your own airfare and transportation to the hotel, and you’ll need to be there early afternoon, Friday, January 18 at the latest for activities that begin Friday, January 18 and run through the afternoon of January 20. Palm Beach is the nearest airport, and Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando are also within driving distance. It's important that you participate in every golf experience, so you may have to book your return flight on January 21.

If you want, find two friends to apply with you—groups of 3 are ideal. Most importantly, if you promise to show up, show up !

What next?
Based on past experience, we expect this event to be heavily oversubscribed. Consequently, we are now accepting applications. We’re not looking for the best golfers, but for a mix of skill levels, ages, and frequency of play and practice. Fill out the application below, and if you’re accepted, we’ll contact you by the week of December 23 in order to give you time to make airline reservations.

The link he tweeted didn't seem to work. Is that one working now?

How cool would this be!!!

The link he tweeted didn't seem to work. Is that one working now?

You could always click on the link that I put in my post and try to see if that one works. :alien:

That seems awesome. Great opportunity!

You could always click on the link that I put in my post and try to see if that one works. :alien:

Har har har, it looked like the same link. I'm entered in! Thanks Ary.

how sweet is this?!
i own and love both these books.

i should probably enter...even though my wife will probably murder me if i was to win.

and...done.

That's really cool. I enjoyed both of these books.

I'm in. Just a 3 hour drive! Thanks for the link.

Thats pretty awesome....I would be all over that if I was in the area.

grr...won't have enough time off of work to enter into this!

If three want to get together and enter I think it would improve your chances from reading the entry. This is from the entry form - "If you want, find two friends to apply with you—groups of 3 are ideal."

Good luck to all who enter.

Neat deal for just the price of a flight if you live across the country, but not exactly my idea of vacation. Good luck, hope we get some THP'ers in this!

Thanks for posting Ary. Luke is my favorite PGA player. That would be awesome on so many levels!

Who wants to apply as a group of three with me ??

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Thanks ary! it would be great to some THPers get invited.

Me, a bud of mine and my son all got registered!! Hopefully having our threesome set will improve our odds!! Got my e-mail confirmation and just waiting until next week to make my flight reservations. LOL (hopefully, got my fingers crossed). Now back to the Big Break-Go James!!

If I wasn't already committed to the outing in May and MC in July I'd try to make this happen. As cool as it would be to meet LD, I'll take THP events all day.

Back