Bridgestone e6 golf balls...any thoughts

halfpennyhacker

low and slow,then..BOOM!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ive just tried out the Bridgestone sites ball fitter (for want of a better word) and it came back with the e6 im not to fussed about touch around the green but i like distance and the solid feel on impact i get with my current ball (dunlop extremes,crazy long..but solid) is perfect,has anyone gamed these and what are your thoughts?? If this has been asked before i apologise,i didnt check the search function to be honest.

Tons of great info on the forums on these including home page reviews. Its a ball that can be easier to compress and without a doubt can assist in reducing side spin. Its definitely a favorite for golfers all over the forum.

The E6 is a great ball if you want distance and arent too worried about spin or feel around the greens.

thanks for all the info,after looking via google for reviews on them i found a thread dedicated to these on this forum,think il give them a try,a few reports say there not that clever on the greens putting wise,anyone else find this the case??

I haven't, but I'm not sure I've ever really had an issue with a golf balls performance when it came to putting. Some sound different than others, but that's about all I've noticed.

I don't find them bad to putt with, it was the 60 yard pitches that gave me the most problems. But still a great ball for what it does well.

I haven't, but I'm not sure I've ever really had an issue with a golf balls performance when it came to putting. Some sound different than others, but that's about all I've noticed.

I'm with Hawk, its a tonal difference only for me on the greens.

I've gamed them and like them. They do sound different off the putter than a lot of balls but don't feel bad. They aren't high spin around the greens but are very predictable on roll out.

im liking the comments about reduced spin,i have a high fade off the driver (230-245 yds) which if im over swinging turns into a slice,so will be interested to see what flight change there is if any,my current balls around the green i can dial in but im always landing about a foot short of the pin or on it and rolling out about 5-7ft past which isnt a big deal as im used to it,putting is by far the best part of my game so i cant wait to try these out on the dancefloor..and as a bonus i can get 40 of these pearl grade for £23 off ebay :beauty:

I don't find them bad to putt with, it was the 60 yard pitches that gave me the most problems. But still a great ball for what it does well.

what problems did you face?

The e6 is my go to ball when I am playing links golf because its characteristics have tended to fit nicely with playing in the wind and playing bump and run shots (i.e., the lack of stopping power on the greens - which isn't even that big a deal with the ball that I've seen - matters less than when playing traditional US courses). I see that you are in the UK so maybe this is an added incentive to play this ball.

I enjoy this golf ball and think its probably the best performing mid price ball ($26 a dozen, now $21). I just wish it was softer to promote more spin on the greens. The durability is also great. They also feel pretty good while putting.

This is what I usually game, but would like to give the Srixon Z Star XV a try...anyone have any thoughts on those?

what problems did you face?

I found it hard to 'hop and stop' on short approach shots, these would roll too much. That said, I play on some firmer greens so that could be part of it. I also like to be able to put a little more spin on the ball when chipping around the green. Like I said though, after the Hex Black these would be my go to balls if I'm willing to sacrifice some spin for a straighter flight.

I enjoy this golf ball and think its probably the best performing mid price ball ($26 a dozen, now $21). I just wish it was softer to promote more spin on the greens. The durability is also great. They also feel pretty good while putting.

This is what I usually game, but would like to give the Srixon Z Star XV a try...anyone have any thoughts on those?

I think if the cover was softer you see more side-spin though.

If there is no further proof to " feel is sound" thought, just look at the " feel when putting" discussion here.

Very good ball. It is a true workhorse. Always seems to be a fairway finder. Although not a crutch, a very good ball for anybody who wants to find more fairways. Also, trust your yardages with shots coming in. These balls dot really check up. I never had issues with full swig iron shots however. Those short pitch shots will roll though.

I play the e6 the majority of the time and absolutely love them. They give me a nice consistent straight flight and I love the cost and durability. I do tend to get a little more roll out on approaches but I've learned to expect it and adjust accordingly. I think you'll be very happy with the purchase.

I have found the e6 to be a really good ball. I can get the ball to check pretty good with full iron shots and great feel off all of the clubs. It is a really solid ball for the money too!!! Earlier this year I was on the fence about them and rghilljr gave me one to try out when we played awhile back and it impressed me quite a bit!!!!

I have always thought the XV is a very hard ball, I think if you are use to the e6 the XV will feel really firm and you may not get the spin out of it unless you can compress it.

I played the E6 a lot before I reduced my slice into a fade....I still by a box every now and them because of price....its a great all around ball, especially if you need to reduce a hook or slice.

I have a dozen of these in my truck right now just waiting for some decent golfing weather :D. It's a really good ball and I like the fact that it reduces side spin :thumb:

+1
Count me in as an E6 player.
I think you'll really like them.

I will say I'm learning to love the Q-Star and just got some Z-Stars to try

Srixon zstar xv is my favorite "premium ball".... Long and easy to spin.

Quoted for truth!

@ the OP: If you don't care about green-side spin like you say, I don't know if there is a better ball than the e6 - premium or otherwise.

Back