2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was searching for something and out of nowhere came across this. WCBM absolutely has to mark his golf balls like this:

A-BrianWilsonFaceBall-033111-640x360.jpg

Holy carp that is sweet!! Haha I may have to start doing this!

I was searching for something and out of nowhere came across this. WCBM absolutely has to mark his golf balls like this:

I might need to order a special tin cup or something haha

While I think the creativity is quite nice here, and all MC talk is welcome, when it comes to this thread and equipment, it should probably be kept to the companies that are making this possible.

Rhino, I know you can do it, and you'll be in the best shape ever in July!!

That's awesome, it looks like the Brian Wilson beard/logo!!!
Wilson142852683.jpg
215637_198660890174211_1464194_n.jpg

Maybe someone will have to use the updated one with the Hawk!!!
249895_212485905458376_2224733_n.jpg

With January right around the corner. And club releases coming soon. The pondering is ongoing for all of you. It's got to be exciting. And all that excitement will lead to some mixed thoughts and emotions. And thinking ahead to media day will you be able go back to the release dates and fully remember the initial thoughts as each of you had? Or is it crazy to have a notebook or a digital journal. Something to track the remainder of your journal.

With January right around the corner. And club releases coming soon. The pondering is ongoing for all of you. It's got to be exciting. And all that excitement will lead to some mixed thoughts and emotions. And thinking ahead to media day will you be able go back to the release dates and fully remember the initial thoughts as each of you had? Or is it crazy to have a notebook or a digital journal. Something to track the remainder of your journal.

Definitely not crazy, I actually kept a journal (in a doc on my Mac) during my 2012 journey per the request of a forum member but never posted it. Was cool to read back through it several times and remember what I felt or thought throughout the process.

That is a good idea. I have more of a "scrapbook" from the event last year with notes I had about club selection, drills I was working on, and correspondence received from my sponsor. I will likely do something similar this year.

That is a good idea. I have more of a "scrapbook" from the event last year with notes I had about club selection, drills I was working on, and correspondence received from my sponsor. I will likely do something similar this year.

That is a good thought to do!

That is a good thought to do!

Thanks, It is amazing how fast the time goes by preparing for the MC. Now is a good time to think about things you want to do to capture the experience because you will blink and it will be July.

Looking to purchase an indoor putting green or mat for putting work in prep for the MC! Any thoughts out there on these?

I don't think it's crazy. However one thing I would urge each MC'er to do prior to media day is to really understand the technology that goes in to each piece of their equipment. Anyone who stood there and watched Hawk shoot promo's last year knows what I am talking about. The guy knew his entire bag inside and out not only specs, but the technology behind them, including the language that Cleveland/Srixon used to explain them.

I don't think it's crazy. However one thing I would urge each MC'er to do prior to media day is to really understand the technology that goes in to each piece of their equipment. Anyone who stood there and watched Hawk shoot promo's last year knows what I am talking about. The guy knew his entire bag inside and out not only specs, but the technology behind them, including the language that Cleveland/Srixon used to explain them.

Any videos of this floating around?

Any videos of this floating around?

There's a thread for them all somewhere. Look for Cleveland Srixon staffer promos.

I sat and watched Hawk do all his promos. I was amazed quite honestly. I thought I knew what I wanted to say and I was frankly embarrassed at myself just because Hawk knew 50 times more about his equipment. He did an amazing job

Thank you to all who posted supportive comments after my last post. I was not certain if I wanted to put that post up for a few reasons but I finally decided to do so because there might be a hopeful for MC 2014 that might appreciate knowing how others are feeling through the process and maybe it will help them at the same time. While the participants need and want the support of the forum members I think it is equally important that we are there supporting the forum as well. Letting people into my world as I prepare for this event is very important to me and something I felt I was lacking in the last two events. Even though I have several friends in the event, I felt disconnected from them both and now that I have the honor I want to make sure that does not repeat itself with anyone of my friends.

Come July '13, Rhino will be ready!!! I am too stubborn not to be...lol

WR, Come May, I will have golfed plenty with you and I am confident you will have improved and ready for MC. I am rooting for your team's success.

excellent advice! I have done time thinking the past few weeks...what would I be doing if I were in your shoes, and how would I make sure a captured the entire experience for the memories, and to make sure I was truly bringing it for the great sponsors. Which is where that post came from

Way to go hawk!

TTing

Right on dude. Having watched the videos, that Hawkster did his homework. I'd expect nothing less though!

Looking to purchase an indoor putting green or mat for putting work in prep for the MC! Any thoughts out there on these?

I've got the cheap PGA mat:

Spoiler
pgat08_bottom1.jpg

It's ok, but mainly to practice stroke, too little room to create breaks, and a bit too light too. I haven't seen any speed for this, but it's way too fast. :) Like putting on a pool table. I'm happy tough...it was cheap, small and available. I putt everyday a couple of times, and sometimes for 30 min to a hour.

I'm ordering a birdieball green in the next week for my summer tournament prep. Lots a great reviews here for it and I think that Ary used one in his MC prep last year and we all seen how well he putted.

I have a birdie ball putting green. I like it and it works well. I plan on using it a lot for practice over this winter to get my putting stroke where I want it to be for the Morgan cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back