What Wedges Should I Get?

rsawyers

Reaction score
I just ordered a new set of RBZ Irons and I am wanting to get a SW and LW new also. I don't care for the cavity back wedges like comes with the RBZ's. I have been looking at the Titleist the Cleveland the Nike the Callaway and even some cheaper blade wedges on the market I am just not sure which way to go? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The ATV would flow nicely with the RBZ

You can get some older model Clevelands right now for cheap. I really like the Callaway Jaws - another really cheap wedge right now. Not everyone likes them however.

You can get a 3 wedge set of Cleveland 588's on the Bay for about $225

I think the profile and address is huge to you and up to you as to what you like and the sole grind depending on your swing is big and that's why I use vokey wedges because I could custom fit my wedges more to my swing but there are a lot of good wedges out there but what looks and feels best if you can try any demo clubs outdoors is the most important! I do not know how in depth your looking to get with the wedges! I payed $339 for 3 sm4 brand new wedges with my choice of grind and bounce based on my style of play...etc! I think you need to take a look at all of them. I really like 400 series vokey's with the high toe profile and rounder face shape but I do not play them as they are rare to find and do not have all the grind options! Good Luck with your hunt!

SCOR wedges.

The Clevelands are cheap right now....I love the Callaway forged wedges too

If you don't like CB's and are looking for forged, another vote for the Callaway Jaws. Also heard a lot of good things about the Nike VRS forged. I'll put out there that I've ben using the 588 RTX's lately and they're very good. Definitely see more spin than I did with my previous wedges.

Agree with the SCOR crowd. I also like my Bstone J40s.

I am a Titleist Vokey guy myself. Love the oil can finish and let it rust a little bit.

If I could go back and do it again. I would get the SCOR wedges.

Vokeys are my favorite but I'd take a look at SCOR if available.

Wilson Staff FG tour wedges are nice so are the Jaws and Trusty Rusty

Out of what I've tried? Vokeys. If you wait a few weeks the SCOR testing thread should really pick up and you'll get some good info there.

I would try them all. I have played Cleveland 588 since last year and love the spin and the shape of the head, Vokeys are good as well, ATV is good too from Taylormade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my 588's! The SCOR offerings have me really interested and I really like how customizable they are check out their website www.scorgolf.com. If I had to pick any other wedge than my Clevelands it would be these.

I play the 588's also. When I bought them I hit them on a launch monitor next to the vokey's, jaws and mizuno's and seemed to have better spin. I would try them all and see what is best for you. I am not a fan of the ATV's because of the tab that sticks back from the sole, to me it seems like it would make it more difficult to open it up for a flop on a tight lie. But hey that's just my opinion.

I have been playing the ATV wedge since June, it's been such an amazing experience. The single wedge set my Vokey wedges, and my Cleveland wedges in the backup bat and I haven't looked back I've never been more confident with my short game

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I play the 588's also. When I bought them I hit them on a launch monitor next to the vokey's, jaws and mizuno's and seemed to have better spin. I would try them all and see what is best for you. I am not a fan of the ATV's because of the tab that sticks back from the sole, to me it seems like it would make it more difficult to open it up for a flop on a tight lie. But hey that's just my opinion.

Have you ever played the ATV? that sole was designed specifically to be able to open up the face for a flop shot and to hit the ball solidly on the tight lie hahah sorry I'm not being mean jut observant, Taylormade designed the ATV to do the 5 main shots effectively and As a player who has used mine since they came out I can say it's been an amazing experience out of the sand and rough, heck my buddy's I play with are always so jealous of my short game hahaha look at this sand shot I took with my ATV 56 out of the sand it was a Tough shot but I opened up he face aimed and hit it the ATV is so awesome man but it's my opinion haha

tudasu6a.jpg

a3azadu9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Back