2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling reverse scramble could lead to tension not only in a team but in the event as well

Am I the only one who thinks a reverse scramble would be fun? I love a challenge.

no, they're fun.
they're fun in the form of, "winner buys a beer" or "money goes to charity" type of event
reverse scramble in Morgan Cup however.....ehhh, that might get dicey...

Had a handed to roll a betti extensively this weekend. Mikey likey, us bridgestoners are very fortunate to have them on board.

Had a handed to roll a betti extensively this weekend. Mikey likey, us bridgestoners are very fortunate to have them on board.
Those putters are so amazing it's not even funny.

I have been all over Odyssey's web site and I'm REALLY liking a lot of their putters. Last time I was sponsored by Cally I opted for a DART mallet, I loved how easy it was so align but stuggled with distance control immensely. I'm kicking around the idea of a Metal X DART mallet this go 'round. Hard to pick though, there are so many great options and some to come that I haven't even seen yet.

I would love to do a reverse scramble! I think thats the format it should be done in

We sure are. I'm anxious to find out what models we get to choose from. This will be a quick selection for me either way

I would love to do a reverse scramble! I think thats the format it should be done in

I love sarcastic One-T!!

Why would it be fun in your opinion?
Because you get NO breaks! EVERY shot matters.

With alternate shot, the worse of the 2 players gets a break every other shot.

We sure are. I'm anxious to find out what models we get to choose from. This will be a quick selection for me either way

Yeah, I'm liking some of the designs I see for 2013, and I really loved the way the ball was rolling off the face

I did watch the last 30 minutes of that reverse scramble and man it was pretty fun to watch to my surprise. Dustin Johnson couldn't hit a drive to save his life the last few holes but it was fun to watch it happen. I think it would make for some long rounds (possibly) but there would be a ton of strategy involved on each hole. It was interesting to say the least.

I did watch the last 30 minutes of that reverse scramble and man it was pretty fun to watch to my surprise. Dustin Johnson couldn't hit a drive to save his life the last few holes but it was fun to watch it happen. I think it would make for some long rounds (possibly) but there would be a ton of strategy involved on each hole. It was interesting to say the least.

I had no idea why he wouldn't just take a 3W

That's the part I'd be most concerned with. Otherwise I think it would be a blast!

A reverse scramble with those guys would not be a whole lot different than a regular scramble most of the time.

"Sorry, you can't take that 315 yard drive right down the middle, you'll have to take that 299 yard drive 3 feet off center."

I have never played a reverse scramble, but in that format, do you keep putting until both players on a team hole the putt?

I have never played a reverse scramble, but in that format, do you keep putting until both players on a team hole the putt?

correct sir.

Well if you play a format that will have team mates possibly angry with each other then doesn't that also take the team out of it also?

there's no team format in golf where one could avoid getting angry with their teammate.
scramble, shamble, reverse scramble, alternate, best ball....doesn't matter.
sure in some formats, you may not have to use the bad shots, but that partner still may not be pulling his/her weight and could maybe make the other partner upset, if that's the kind of person/player you are.

Anyone else excited to hear the formats chosen for the 2013 Morgan Cup?

I am. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back