What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 today.
52 / 48

I actually played the back pretty well but still have problems with holes getting away from me.
Cold and Windy today but I felt like I was able to implement some of the things I've been working on more.

Short game - absolutely terrible.

That is a great 9 hole score....bet you were tempted to play the back 9 again...hehe

I really did. Cool thing was when I DID play the back the first hole is a par 3 over water, I hit it fat off the tee and it actually bounced off the ice and onto the green. It was priceless.

I really did. Cool thing was when I DID play the back the first hole is a par 3 over water, I hit it fat off the tee and it actually bounced off the ice and onto the green. It was priceless.

Now that is funny...hehee

Playing with a buddy yesterday on a 330 yard par 4 with a huge dogleg right around some trees and down a slope...you cant see the landing area at all.....he pull hooks his drive and it hits a huge tree about 50 yards off the tee...HARD! we never see it come off the tree at all....we start looking for it and driving around and then I notice a ball in the fairway about 80 yards out.....it's his ball.....I told him he didn't call bank shot so it didn't count...LOL

24! But I only got 5 holes in!

Played with threeboysdad and a friend of his at Sky Creek Ranch today. Mid 40s and windy and a slow group ahead of us playing a scramble I guess. Shot 47/45 using the chromax ball. All I can say is that I was striking the ball fairly well, but had 41 putts. I only missed 3 FW on the front and on 2 on the back. I actually was on a par 5 in 2 and 4 putted. I already have an email out to an SPI instructor.

Played 18 today in very cold, wet conditions at Mirror Lake Golf Club - Lake Course. (Blue Tees, 6,159 yrds, 69.6/132). Walked all 18 holes. Shot a 94. 4/14 fairways, 4/18 greens. 33 putts, 21.4% scrambles. 6 penalty strokes today! Way more than normal for me. Tough slogging and swinging. Felt like the Michelin man I was wearing so many layers!

Last round of the year today. A bit better than yesterday. Mirror Lake Golf Club - Lake Course. (Blue Tees, 6,159 yrds, 69.6/132). Shot an 89. 7/14 fairways, 7/18 GIRs. 36 putts, 18.2% scrambles. too many mistakes - 4 penalty shots and 1 OB.

Was my 102nd round played for the year. Most rounds I've ever got in one year.

Last round of the year today. A bit better than yesterday. Mirror Lake Golf Club - Lake Course. (Blue Tees, 6,159 yrds, 69.6/132). Shot an 89. 7/14 fairways, 7/18 GIRs. 36 putts, 18.2% scrambles. too many mistakes - 4 penalty shots and 1 OB.

Congrats man. That's quite a feat.

Last round of the year (high 40s/low 50s), had a 75 with three 3 putts and two missed birdies inside of 6 feet (par is currently 69 due to some construction). I was conflicted about being happy with the overall score and ball striking or about being upset about what could have been.

I've been keeping reasonable stats most of the year and after reviewing them they confirm what I already suspected. My new years resolution is to move my putting and driving from poor to at least average.

Nice finish to the year, Philo.

OMG what a day! Went out today and everything, I do mean everything was going to the right. Drives, approaches, even putts were going right. It was just one of those days where I didnt have it at all. Even with the poor play I had a great time and was paired with a couple of good guys who were good spirits who made it fun. On the bright side I did have 255 yard drive, 150 yard lay up and stuck my 135 yard approach shot to within 12 feet. Nearly made the birdie and tapped in for par. So that was great way to end the round. Now I am eagerly awaiting first round in 2013.

This is what I felt like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0hco6qvxe0&feature=player_detailpage

Last round of 2012 today....it was my 113th round of the year! I am pretty proud of that...not real proud of the round

44/49 = 93 Lots of blowup holes......7 pars, so I was 21 over par on only 11 holes...really bad.

8/13 Fairways
1 GIR....yep....1 again,...and it was the first hole!
32 putts

towards the end of the round I started to figure it out and was hitting the ball better....good news is GolfTEC sessions start on Friday.

Nine hole today... 5 over 41.

I shot 5 over 41 with 14 putts.. I got plugged in a bunker and doubled that hole because I skulled the shot over the green.
Was hooking probably 1/2 my iron shots. Just not very solid iron play. Driver misses were fractional but my course is pretty narrow.
1 Double
3 Bogies
5 Pars
2/7 on fairways
2/9 on greens

For my last round of 2012 at the outstanding True Blue Golf Plantation. It was a resounding 106, 53 per side. Not my best, but it was nice to just get out.

For my last round of 2012 at the outstanding True Blue Golf Plantation. It was a resounding 106, 53 per side. Not my best, but it was nice to just get out.

Glad you got to get out and play True Blue!

First round of the year was a bit Jekyll anh Hyde to say the least, despite the frost and 2c I couldnt find my swing or what I was doing for 10-11 holes and had to scramble well to keep the score down. Then on the 12th (should of done this on the first) I went through my swing check list and was taking it to far inside on the takeaway.
Having realised what iwas doing wrong i was striking the ball really well and finding the greens and ended up shooting a 77 (miscounted on the thp live thread).

As the course was empty i decided to play the back 9 again and went round in 1- hitting every fairway and missing just 1 green.

Fw 10/13
gir 7/18
putts 31

41 out and 36 in

Looking forward to 2013

1st eagle of the year today. Played Paiute Snow course, hole 7 par 4, drove the green, made 10ft putt for eagle. Rest of the round sucked lol, cold and breezy.

My first round of the year and my first 18 holes in a very long time. Today, I met one of my goals for the new year: I finally broke 100. Shot 49 on the front and 49 on the back for a total of 98. Yes!!

It could have been better. I didn't use my driver today. On the range, I was just slicing it bad, really bad. So, just stuck to using my 3h as I was slicing the 3 wood just as bad as my driver. Also, waaaay too many 3 putts today. I usually try to do no more than 2 per hole. 20 putts on the front nine and 17 putts on the back nine.

Moved post to simulator thread.

Last edited:
Had a hole in one today here in Tampa on 1-01-13. Great way to start the New Year. !85yd par 3.....hit a mashie 5 iron.....one bounce and in. Thats 3 aces in the last 5 years

I think that's more rounds than I typically play in three years. Well done.

Once you get your mind right on putting, you'll be back to a single-digit handicap.

Had a hole in one today here in Tampa on 1-01-13. Great way to start the New Year. !85yd par 3.....hit a mashie 5 iron.....one bounce and in. Thats 3 aces in the last 5 years

Congrats on the ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back