Heard this a few times and have a call scheduled tomorrow with both him and someone at the Oven to discuss.

I can't wait to hear more on this. Their new stable of holders is shaping up nice and if they all pick up more distance with the new clubs there are going to be some long hitters there for sure.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Thats horrifying isn't it?

Don't right scary. When I crush it, my ball speed is in the low 170's. I can't believe you can get a ball speed of 185-190. That's unreal.

They shoulda grabbed colsaerts. He's gonna win 2 times this year.

I would agree with you there...that guy has got all kinds of talent.

Nike's stable is really look like a marketable group. Smart move by the brand.

Nike's stable is really look like a marketable group. Smart move by the brand.

+1 to this. Young and talented. Always a good combo. Makes me want to give their equipment a chance.

+1 to this. Young and talented. Always a good combo. Makes me want to give their equipment a chance.

Then it's working heheh.

Nike the company (not specific to golf) has always been one of the most innovative companies in the world in terms of their products and the marketing of those products. Other than having TW under their umbrella all these years they really haven't blown me away with their Tour staff or their marketing. I think that's about to change, I look forward to the full on reveal of their 2013 staff.

That's a great point. In other sports they've really been out front but haven't been quite as out there with golf.
Could be a really exciting year for Nike Golf.

Nike the company (not specific to golf) has always been one of the most innovative companies in the world in terms of their products and the marketing of those products. Other than having TW under their umbrella all these years they really haven't blown me away with their Tour staff or their marketing. I think that's about to change, I look forward to the full on reveal of their 2013 staff.

I really like the way they took to unveiling the new team and look forward to seeing the whole new stable of golfers in full swing. No pun intended!!!

Golfweek article shows Stanley is playing the 20XI-X and Watney the 20XI. Article continues saying McIlroy will be announced Jan 14 at Abu dhabi and that they also signed Seung-yul Noh

Golfweek article shows Stanley is playing the 20XI-X and Watney the 20XI. Article continues saying McIlroy will be announced Jan 14 at Abu dhabi and that they also signed Seung-yul Noh

Link Please?

I can't wait to see how these guys do with their new gear. They seem (other than Rory) to have a lot of guys who coming in at the or near apex of their careers. I feel like this could really help Nike or hurt Nike if some have a drop off.

Gracias.

So it appears Mr. Stanley picked up 6 mph ball speed with the Covert driver. He also said that the new ball he is playing spins less off the tee and that there was no adjustment period at all. While at the Oven, he got fine tuned and is not expecting any sort of "breaking in" time.

So it appears Mr. Stanley picked up 6 mph ball speed with the Covert driver. He also said that the new ball he is playing spins less off the tee and that there was no adjustment period at all. While at the Oven, he got fine tuned and is not expecting any sort of "breaking in" time.

Great update, thanks JB. Going to be an even bigger bomber off the tee.....crazy to think about.

Any news on putters?

Thanks for the update JB. 6mph over the 913! BOOM!

Tapping away on my S3

I can't wait to see how these guys do with their new gear. They seem (other than Rory) to have a lot of guys who coming in at the or near apex of their careers. I feel like this could really help Nike or hurt Nike if some have a drop off.

You mean the new stable are coming in at the apex of their careers? I think Watney is maybe getting close to it, but he has an incredible swing that looks like it could keep him at the top for years. Stanley on the other hand is just getting started, in my opinion.

That is pretty rad. I still don't "get" the cavity back driver concept since all drivers are more or less hollow inside, but who cares if it works.

That is awesome. He will be hitting rockets off the tee this year!

Back