Putters with great alignment aids?

I personally don't think you can beat a SeeMore for alignment, but that's only have the battle in lowering the number of putts per round. If you really want to move the needle here give the guys at SeeMore a call, they look forward to these calls and can fit you over the phone. Then adopt the SeeMore method of putting, it changed my game dramatically.

SeeMore.

'nuff said.

You can aim wrong with any putter. I was perfectly aligning to a spot about 6 inches to a foot right of my target until a friend standing behind me noticed it. After that I started using the line on the ball as a point of reference. Missing left and right could be caused by anything really. Not to say that new putters aren't a fun thing to buy though.

If your issue is alignment, in my opinion there is no better choice than a SeeMore.

This. Or if that's not your cup of tea....

This.

I've gamed both. I found the Seemore an excellent putter to make sure that my body alignment was straight. I still use it to practice sometimes and check myself. The 2Ball was the easiest mallet for me to line up that I've tried, and I've tried a bunch. Something about that visual aid just worked for me. You can find some good used ones out there for a reasonable price.

Alot of good advice in this thread. I really have been wanting to try a SeeMore but 150 is a little steep at the moment. Looks like I'm going into savings mode!

For what it's worth, I got my last Seemore for $60 on eBay. Was still in good shape. It's not a magic wand though. I bought one three years ago and saw few improvements, but I also didn't do anything to improve.

The DART can be found on E-bay for quite cheap as well. I tried a lot of putters before settling on the DART Metal-X. It change my game as well. I went from 2.31 average putts to 1.99 since the change. I suggest you go hit several putters and find the one that works for you.

The 3 ball. I use it and its like lining a sleve of balls up, very easy to put a putt on line.

I play neither nor ever haved what I will suggest only based upon other through the years but a 2 ball from Odyssey of a Seemore. I never liked either though! To each individual though.

For what it's worth, I got my last Seemore for $60 on eBay. Was still in good shape. It's not a magic wand though. I bought one three years ago and saw few improvements, but I also didn't do anything to improve.

That is what I paid for my 1st SeeMore, also used and in good shape.

Seemore has a great alignment aid to ensure the face is square. Another option being the Spider S from Taylormade. This thing just stays square and has a good alignment aid as well.
Obviously the majority on this site love Seemore, and I've only heard good things about them but have never tried one for myself. But being someone who also struggles with alignment issues, the Ghost Spider S is great. Like Golf Ghost said, it just stays square & has a nice long alignment line on the top of the putter that really helps with my aim.

I'm with Kozmo on this one with the vote for Taylormade's Ghost Spider S, I also really liked the Ghost Manta as it had great weight to it and a really simple alignment aid. I have played around with the Seemore putters in GolfTown but have not put one into the bag yet as I just haven't found one with the "feel" that I like.

I've got a bunch of putters and I seem to always go back to my 2 ball if I find myself struggling with the flat stick.

I still have the original Ghost Spider and it's not going to be leaving my bag anytime soon. Sits beautifuly behind the ball and just seems to align everything for me :)

The mFGP2's 3 line setup combined with the RST, and its not even close.

DSC_0167-1.jpg

I am in the market for a new putter and I am looking for suggestions of ones with good alignment aids. It seems that my alignment is really killing the short game as I'll hVe good speed but be off about 6 inches to a foot either side. I'm sprayed with my misses.

So any suggestions?

Couple of suggestions.

1. Maybe it isn't your alignment, but your putter in general. I think that face position at impact is far more important than at setup. If you leave the face open 10 degrees at setup and got it back to square at impact would that be acceptable? My guess is that it is. Check to see if you are rolling the ball on your intended line. Put a dime about 16" in front of your ball. Try to roll the ball over the center of the dime with various lenght strokes. Do you consitently roll the ball over the dime? Misses will be subtle, but if you try different putters with different hosels, offsets, and point where the shaft would intersect with the head, you will see a difference.

2. I see you are in hampton roads. I live in Newport News. I have a Seemore FGP putter that has some wear on it but is still usable that I have been thinking about selling. I'd be willing to sell it to you for say $30. Since this isn't the sales forum so send me a PM if you are interested or I can send you some pictures.

Seemore or a Dart are the best alignment aids I've seen/used.

I have an older Odyssey DFX 2ball and am currently gaming the Metal-X 2ball. Can't go wrong with an Odyssey 2ball. Then again there is huge love around here for Seemore

The mFGP2's 3 line setup combined with the RST, and its not even close.

DSC_0167-1.jpg

I agree with this. My si3 has the same setup and I love it.

Agree with Jman the see more mfgp2 is really great for alignment. One of the better putters ive had for that specifically.

*Partial skim alert* If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the SeeMore Triangulator helped me a ton with alignment also.

I've been waiting to see what SeeMoreGuy has to say lol. Seriously Jman's picture shows why SeeMore is mentioned so often in this thread, the RST coupled with the drills at the SMI should make a better putter of anyone, check out the link http://www.seemore.com/

I agree DD, the SPi method takes the "extras" out of play and truly does make better putters.

I'm not even rocking my SeeMore right now but the method is still there. It changed my putting entirely.

An alignment aid that works for you might not for someone else. Heck even naked could be better. Experimentation is key.

Right now the T alignment on my BB-54's has really worked for me. I played the Srixon XV most of last year with great success. Won a couple dozen in the tour yellow in a tournament and put them in play during the fall. Actually started to enjoy the look, except when it came to putting as it didn't mesh as well with the white T alignment on my black 54.

I just finished a little project on a retail version to go along with my tour proto. It was fun and the setup is what I was looking to try...

So, step 1 below on the retail 54 here (ordered a couple of different paints online as I'm not completely satisfied with the paint product I have in it).

bb54-1_zpsb81e3ced.jpg

"Tour Yellow" fill in Alignment and Bettinardi on sole.
1_zps85a08833.jpg

2_zps9ffb3469.jpg

_____

A "triple bend" shaft installed. Happened upon this shaft for my other one in my local golf galaxy and really fits me well.

Now more about the triple bend shaft. When doing a search for more of these triple bend shafts I came across this site...

http://puttwhisperer...tter-shaft.html

It reads..."A right eye dominant golfer with an open stance and who keeps their hands behind the ball would be best fitted with a triple bend putter shaft which tilts back from the ball. The arms and shoulders rock back and forth creating 4-5 degrees of loft so a less lofted putter should be selected. Although the shoulders, hips and feet are open the eyes should be parallel to the target line. This keeps the optical perception straight down the target line. An open stance promotes aiming right so add more off set to bring the aimpoint left.........."
_____

A SuperStroke Belly grip cut to 12.5" to allow for a split claw type grip that I've been experimenting with. When doing this grip on a normal length grip my fingers are off the bottom of the grip.

3_zpsf0478e8e.jpg

_____

A bit of lead tape added to the rear to offset the added weight with the grip. Have a weight to make the putter 400 gram (belly length) but didn't need that much weight so went this route.

4_zps6c103143.jpg

______

Result....

Sets up how I want it and the stroke feels extremely stable and smooth with it. Simple really.

Putter feels very solid, more sold than my normal gamer. Combination of grip and perhaps tape.

Wow jimmy awesome write up bro. That set up looks sick! You should be a putter designer haha:clapp:

Back