Last hole of 2012. How did you end your season?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
A few people have posted their last hole in the 2013 first hole thread because they haven't made it out yet, so I figured this one might work.

I finished 2012 on December 5 with a two putt bogey on a par 5. I did hit the fairway, which meant I hit the last six of 2012.

Nice thread dude! This one I can play in. Par on the 9th hole at my home course nearly in the dark. Solid hole from tee to green.

I had a bogey on the last hole of 2012. But my score was an 83. So I'm not complaining.

I hade a horrible double with ugly short game.

I played out of town with rental clubs and managed to end with a par. Going to give it my best for a better 2013 season.

My last hole was at True Blue Golf Plantation on Dec. 31, 2012. We began our round on the back nine, so my last hole was No. 9. Par 5 where I finished with a triple bogey. The greens were what I don't get to play here in Northern Ontario. Most of the greens there really kicked my backside. Now I know what lightning fast greens are and next time I play greens like that, I'll be sure to practice on the practice greens. Finished with a 106, 53 both sides. This coming season, a change will come.

400 yard par 4 for me: drive to the left side of the fairway, hit the approach shot onto the left side of the green with the pin way over on the right side near some water, proceeded to 3-jack from about 60 feet for bogey.

My last of 2012 was the Eighteenth at Los Verdes in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. A great muni with incredible ocean views, just gets very backed up. My Dad and I were a twosome that was the second group off in the a.m. to avoid the crowd. Nailed the tee shot, mishit but lucked out on my second shot, chipped to about 10 feet of the pin...and missed the par putt for bogey. I'm not complaining. It was a great last round for a year that I played the most golf ever before, in 10 different states. Now here's to 2013!

los-verdes-golf-course1_0.jpg

The 18th is the #1 handicap hole at my course and was playing into a 25 mph wind...it's 476 yard par 4 and I hit driver, 3W, 54* wedge and 2 putted for bogey

It was about 42 degrees and windy but a bogey on the 9th was my last hole (par 4,short drive,3 to get on and short putt).....too cold to do the back nine.

My last of 2012 was the Eighteenth at Los Verdes in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. A great muni with incredible ocean views, just gets very backed up. My Dad and I were a twosome that was the second group off in the a.m. to avoid the crowd. Nailed the tee shot, mishit but lucked out on my second shot, chipped to about 10 feet of the pin...and missed the par putt for bogey. I'm not complaining. It was a great last round for a year that I played the most golf ever before, in 10 different states. Now here's to 2013!
I just barely missed my par putt. About a 20 footer that I left a few inches short. Tap in bogey.

My last hole was in August. I started on a shotgun start at the 12th hole, but after a few holes I told my group I would finish the 9 but had to quit - my arthritic hip was just too weak/sore to let me play effectively. Then I finished with three straight pars - at the last hole I "busted' a drive about 210 into the left rough (normal for me would be 270). Then I took a 3H from 180 (normally a 6 iron) and roped it onto the rear of the green, 45 feet from the front pin. My approach putt was a double breaker downhill and off a ridge at the end, and I dang near made it, stopping about 9 inches away for the tap-in par. I had no idea at the time it would be my last hole of the year.

Last week of December, I think. I played two balls on a 135-ish yard par 3. One was a bit of a knock down shot that bounced once and stopped about 15 feet short. The other was a full swing that went over the flag and stopped about 20 feet long. I two putted both of them for two pars.

Bogey on a 170 yard par 3. Tee shot came up a little short and left. Chipped on to about 10 feet, 2 butt bogey.

Had a double on a par 5 to cap off a terrible round

My last round was in mid December. 18th was was a 450yd par 4... hit driver in the right tree.... then a punch out that still didn't get me in the fairway.... hit an 8i over a tree & landed on the green for a 10 ft putt which I made for par. Shot 79, which is good for me, so I was happy with my last round of 2012. :D

I made par on a shortish par 5....missed the fairway, had to lay up, missed the third, chipped on and made a putt for once. Very boring 89 on teh day. It was cold and windy, but we knew the snow was a coming.

18th Hole Leo Donovan Golf Course, Peoria, Illinois. 185 yd uphill par 3. Hit a pure 5 iron 3 feet right of the hole and rolled in a slick right to lefter for a birdie and a 77 total. A great way to end the season!

I just barely missed my par putt. About a 20 footer that I left a few inches short. Tap in bogey.

Nice putting from that distance!

Nice putting from that distance!

I got lucky. Before I putted it, one of the guys I was playing with said, "I had that putt yesterday. It really goes left, not right." Or I would have missed it bad to the left! (I play with the guy a lot, and he putts like TBT, so I usually listen if he says something!)

par.

18th hole, par 4, about 400 yards. nice, solid 280 yrd drive (with a chromax) into the fairway, smooth 8 iron into the green to about 25 ft, easy two putt.

My last hole of 2012; #18 on Waterlefe, coming off a 2&1 defeat on 17, hit driver through the fairway in to a bunker. 180+ yards to the green, played an 8 iron for hopes of getting it somewhat close to the green for an up and down opportunity. Got up, and 2 purred for a bogey.

My last hole of 2012; #18 on Waterlefe, coming off a 2&1 defeat on 17, hit driver through the fairway in to a bunker. 180+ yards to the green, played an 8 iron for hopes of getting it somewhat close to the green for an up and down opportunity. Got up, and 2 purred for a bogey.

2 purred huh? Nice job kitty!

Back