Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Have you ever considered a combo set?

Yep, I would certainly consider it if Callaway makes it an option. The only thing that would hold me back from that is I really like a lower ball flight in my long irons for hitting off the tee on windy days. It seems going to the X Hot could fly in the face of that without changing shafts also. But that is just me thinking too hard. Like I said if I get better results in the long irons with the X Hot (or any other iron) I'd be all for a combo set.

Yep, I would certainly consider it if Callaway makes it an option. The only thing that would hold me back from that is I really like a lower ball flight in my long irons for hitting off the tee on windy days. It seems going to the X Hot could fly in the face of that without changing shafts also. But that is just me thinking too hard. Like I said if I get better results in the long irons with the X Hot (or any other iron) I'd be all for a combo set.

I actually had not thought of that but it makes a lot of sense.

Have you ever considered a combo set?

As far as i know combo sets were not an option last year but you never know this time around!!!

Is it me or do these look like the last 2 versions put out with a different name? The forged irons though this year are sick looking and I almost pulled the trigger on a set of mp 64's but am holding off for the test run!

As far as i know combo sets were not an option last year but you never know this time around!!!

I tweeted with Harry about doing a combo set of Xhot Pro and Xhot. He liked the idea. If they allow it, I am considering it.

I watch the Xhot video and they look similar to the Razrs.

Is it me or do these look like the last 2 versions put out with a different name? The forged irons though this year are sick looking and I almost pulled the trigger on a set of mp 64's but am holding off for the test run!

I'm in the exact same boat. I can't wait to hit these

I think if you dig a bit deeper you will see there is alot of new technology in these. The only thing I see that is similar is the shroud on the back of the cavity.

I tweeted with Harry about doing a combo set of Xhot Pro and Xhot. He liked the idea. If they allow it, I am considering it.

Oh now isn't that interesting. 5,6,7 in Xhot and 8,9,PW in Xhot Pro

Are the lofts the same on the two series, or would it require bending?

Are the lofts the same on the two series, or would it require bending?

1 degree more on the Pro. So it would look like this

5 - 23
6 - 26
7 - 30
8 - 35.5
9 - 40
PW - 45

I was think 4,5 Xhot and 6-PW Xhot pro. Or 4,5 Xhot pro and 6-pw razrX forged

The second combo is certainly intriguing

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking to upgrade my irons from SGI to GI and after whats amounted to days of online research looking over all the specs ad nauseum ... have it narrowed down to the R11, XHot Pro and G25 ... it's gonna be a tough couple months until the XHot Pro and G25 are available ... really looking forward to actually putting my hands on them and seeing how they respond on the monitor.

Is there a consensus as to when the Callys will arrive in the big box stores ?

Last edited:

The joys of being a 2.3 HC. You can contemplate RazrX forged 6 irons haha. I'm gonna go 3 & 4 Xhot hybrids and start irons at 5

I'm looking to upgrade my irons from SGI to GI and after whats amounted to days of online research looking over all the specs ad nauseum ... have it narrowed down to the R11, XHot Pro and G25 ... it's gonna be a tough couple months until the XHot Pro and G25 are available ... really looking forward to actually putting my hands on them and seeing how they respone on the monitor.

I wish I could answer this for you. I'm not sure, I've heard Jan and Feb.

I'm looking to upgrade my irons from SGI to GI and after whats amounted to days of online research looking over all the specs ad nauseum ... have it narrowed down to the R11, XHot Pro and G25 ... it's gonna be a tough couple months until the XHot Pro and G25 are available ... really looking forward to actually putting my hands on them and seeing how they respone on the monitor.

Callaway are aiming to release end of January so i'd be guessing 2-3 weeks by the time stores have them

http://global/en-us/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/irons/x-hot-irons/custom-options.html

some great customization options available

HomeGolf EquipmentGolf ClubsIronsX Hot Pro IronsSpecs
X Hot Pro Irons
Name Loft Lie Bounce Available In Length Swing Weight
3 19° 60° 2° RH / LH 39 D2
4 21° 60.5° 3° RH / LH 38.5 D2
5 24° 61° 4° RH / LH 38 D2
6 27° 61.5° 5° RH / LH 37.5 D2
7 31° 62° 6° RH / LH 37 D2
8 35.5° 62.5° 7° RH / LH 36.5 D2
9 40° 63° 8° RH / LH 36 D2
PW 45° 63.5° 9° RH / LH 35.75 D2
AW 50° 63.5° 10° RH Only 35.5 D2

thanks ! Thats sooner than I thought (I was afraid it would be March & I'd be cutting it close for the season opener)

That would be awesome, a great combo set!

i'm really interested in hitting the pros i think they will be in a close run against the X forged. i really think these will be the closest to what i'm currently gaming. And although i think the Forged look better these are also really great looking irons. I love that they have 2 options on these as well. Really great line up for them iron wise this year. def much better than last year IMO.

These clubs look sweet! Anybody been to the Cally website in the last day or 2? Half of the line is gone...Including the Razr X, X Blacks and more.

The 5 in the XHP is the same loft as the 6 in the RXF, so maybe 5,6 XHP, 6-pw RXF. It would be an odd combo but it would essentially be the same as 4-PW in the RXF, loft wise.

Back