Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Yes. Just bought the FX irons for 40 percent off. 700$ clubs for 400$ are you kidding me,woohoo
e

I was think 4,5 Xhot and 6-PW Xhot pro. Or 4,5 Xhot pro and 6-pw razrX forged

Yeah, but you're a beast, and I am a mere mortal. hahaha I am more in line with Kelly's thinking on this.

I like the way you think. Are you considering some of their new X Utility irons?
if I go with a 4i I will carry a 3 hybrid. If I go 5i-pw, ill carry two hybrids

The 5 in the XHP is the same loft as the 6 in the RXF, so maybe 5,6 XHP, 6-pw RXF. It would be an odd combo but it would essentially be the same as 4-PW in the RXF, loft wise.
Thanks for the education brother. This puts a wrinkle in things
Yeah, but you're a beast, and I am a mere mortal. hahaha I am more in line with Kelly's thinking on this.
It sounds like the long irons in the RXF are pretty easy to hit.

if I go with a 4i I will carry a 3 hybrid. If I go 5i-pw, ill carry two hybrids

Thanks for the education brother. This puts a wrinkle in things
It sounds like the long irons in the RXF are pretty easy to hit.

I hear ya buddy. Hopefully I can get a chance to hit them before I have to make a decision.

Even as a drunk I can make smart choices. Although I have a feeling i'll stick with the standard Xhot, the gaps in the Pro's is 5*

I think a combo set of these would be sick. I can't wait to see what the Cally staffers choose!

Well look what I ran into today at the golf shop! I went there to kill some time after lunch and much to my surprise most of the 2013 gear was there ready to demo. The place was empty so I spent about an hour hitting balls. Here are the X Hot Pro irons, I got to hit these and the Razr X Forged (more on that in the appropriate thread).

Looks- Wow man what can you say, these babies are NICE! In stock pics I was afraid of them looking a little too much like the Razr X Tour irons I used in the first Morgan Cup but in person, while they resemble them, they are much different and much sexier!

20130118_125917.jpg

20130118_130311_zpsee9417d1.jpg

Forgive the quality of the pics, I didn't expect to go there and get to demo these let alone snap some pics.

The X Hot pro feels great, it has a longer profile toe to heel than I expected (similar to the J40 DPC irons). The look at address is very nice, I grabbed a 7 iron and was just pounding ball after ball extremely impressed with the ball flight and distance (according to TrackMan). Here are 2 of my better balls, again 7 iron but really most of the 30 or so balls I hit with the X Hot Pro were about like this. And would you look at that little draw?!

20130118_130112.jpg

20130118_130243.jpg

I am absolutely stoked to get on an outdoor range in nice weather and hit these babies!!

Well look what I ran into today at the golf shop! I went there to kill some time after lunch and much to my surprise most of the 2013 gear was there ready to demo. The place was empty so I spent about an hour hitting balls. Here are the X Hot Pro irons, I got to hit these and the Razr X Forged (more on that in the appropriate thread).

Looks- Wow man what can you say, these babies are NICE! In stock pics I was afraid of them looking a little too much like the Razr X Tour irons I used in the first Morgan Cup but in person, while they resemble them, they are much different and much sexier!

20130118_125917.jpg

20130118_130311_zpsee9417d1.jpg

Forgive the quality of the pics, I didn't expect to go there and get to demo these let alone snap some pics.

The X Hot pro feels great, it has a longer profile toe to heel than I expected (similar to the J40 DPC irons). The look at address is very nice, I grabbed a 7 iron and was just pounding ball after ball extremely impressed with the ball flight and distance (according to TrackMan). Here are 2 of my better balls, again 7 iron but really most of the 30 or so balls I hit with the X Hot Pro were about like this. And would you look at that little draw?!

20130118_130112.jpg

20130118_130243.jpg

I am absolutely stoked to get on an outdoor range in nice weather and hit these babies!!

You are killing me bro. I am so jealous right now.

Wow, those look great behind the ball.

Man that looks nice at address Jake.

It sure does. I'd be lying if I told you I would still order the Razr X Forged without 2nd guessing like I said at first sight. The X Hot Pro are HOT!!!

That shaft still blows my mind. My curiosity wants me to try them, my bad luck with PX's make me scared. Ugh.

I'm curious abotu the XForged thougths!

Right on man. That's a beefy shot right there.

Nice Jake! Good comparison heel to toe with the J40's. Anxious to read more about the shaft in the appropriate thread.

I'm heading to golfsmith in Orlando tonight, I'm praying they have these to hit. I'm uber excited. As good as they look at address, I'd be shocked at this point if I ended up with anything but these.

Oooohh, Jake had some fun today. Im quite intrigued by your thoughts on those PX 95s

nice pics and info jake! i know its gonna come down to these and the X Forged for me gonna be a tough decision.

Same boat I'm in buddy. It will not be an easy decision!

if you had to pick one today which way are you leaning? looks like good distance on the Pros also...

Thanks Jake for the pics. I really like those pros at address! I am thinking I will be offloading some things this offseason and these will be in the mix to be another set to play. So glad to see you liked them so well and I think you MCers are gonna have a tough time choosing between these and the Xforged.

Those look REALLY nice, especially at address. Thanks for the pics!

Back