TPC Scottsdale Course Review

Nice review, you weren't kidding about it being pretty dark by 17 & 18. Hopefully it looks worse in the picture than it actually was.

Nice review, you weren't kidding about it being pretty dark by 17 & 18. Hopefully it looks worse in the picture than it actually was.

The pictures look a little worse then it actually was. I could still see the ball on 17. It was getting dark fast on 18. All I saw was my tee shot. By the time I hit my approach, it was very difficult to see. But I was going to finish my round, no matter what.

Great pictures JT. I bet it was a lot of fun with all the grandstands up.

Great write up JT.
Amazing you got to play there with the grandstands up and shot a great score to boot.

Absolutely awesome review!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Nice write up JT, glad you got the photos all worked out....I bet that was a great experience

What a round and what a course...just magnificent! Very nice job sir!

Thanks for sharing. I played there in 2009 or 2010 and always joke that I hit pop up 3 wood and 7 iron on #10 from a tee up when some of the pros try to drive that green. LOL

Great review and pictures JT! Very jealous.

Thanks for sharing. I played there in 2009 or 2010 and always joke that I hit pop up 3 wood and 7 iron on #10 from a tee up when some of the pros try to drive that green. LOL

Hahaha. Don't worry. I remember thinking the same thing when I hit Hybrid 7 into the green. Still made Par, so it doesn't matter.

Great review JT, and congrats on the great round. #16 looks so cool with the grandstands up. I can't imagine hitting a golf shot with that many people watching.

I lived in Scottsdale for a couple years and played this course cause of the name. In my opinion the course is very overrated. There are so many other courses in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area that are so much better than this and also cheaper. My favorite Scottsdale course is We-ko-pa.

I lived in Scottsdale for a couple years and played this course cause of the name. In my opinion the course is very overrated. There are so many other courses in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area that are so much better than this and also cheaper. My favorite Scottsdale course is We-ko-pa.

I would agree if someone played the course in the summer. However, they had the course set up like the Open was going to be played the next day. The rough, fairways, and greens were just magnificent. I'd agree that there are better courses to play in Phoenix for the price, but it's kinda cool to play the holes you see on TV. Especially if the course was set up in that manor.

Awesome pictures JT! The next time I'm out in Arizona, I will try to check this one out.

great writeup JT and some awesome looking pics!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Saw the updated post with pictures. Great review!

Great review here JT! Definitely a stunning course and the stadium par 3 just rocks, what an atmosphere.

Really was an excellent review of the course JT...well done and very deserving of the Review of the Month.

great stuff JT!
what a course to play, has to be on a bucket list or two.
i mean...getting to see the Tiger Woods rock from '99 and then the 16th? so awesome!
congrats on the prize pack...well deserved.

Great review! I've been to the Phx Open quite a few times but I've never had the opportunity to play it. Fun to see the pics and thoughts!

Thank you guys. I'm very honored to be chosen.

I played there last year about a month after the Tournament. The course was in rough shape, but it still was recovering from the traffic. Overall, the course doesn't start til #11. The early holes were very "forgettable" to me. The back nine is one of the best stretches on the tour...

Still remember hitting my tee ball on 16 to 3 inches. Literally rolled back right by the hole.

Back