No, THP doesn't keep track of everything we do, and then sell that information for profit.

I agree, I'm not in anyway attacking THP, just pointing out that the same logic could be applied to many websites on the internet, we aren't paying for them, so we are the product. It is in some way true of THP. Part of what makes THP so great is all the great members who review items.

Once again, in no way complaining about THP, just pointing out the flawed logic.

I haven't tried but will shortly

I run the THP Facebook page. I almost never check my personal page because I spend all my time on the THP one. I just wish I knew how to use all the apps that are available. I am sure I could do so much more for our page.

I do agree that facebook is a great networking site.

"liked" lol

I see a lot of videos on Facebook, but unless it's a YouTube video, when I click on it, it says "The video you requested could not be loaded. Try again later."

Can anyone see non-YouTube videos on Facebook? I am thinking these are ones people load from their computer like they do their pictures.

or theyre from private facebook pages

It depends on the privacy settings of the person who loaded it. If they are "friends of friends" and you are a friend of their friend you can usually see it. If the settings are more battened down you will not.

I finally added a cover photo to my Facebook Page.

smallvillebanner_zps3e97d2fc.jpg

Congrats? :D

ha ha...I LIKE it!

Haha Smalls that's great.

That is awesome Smalls.

Man I wish I coulld help with this one....I cannot stand facebook....dont have one and never will....it may be nice for certain people. I have on the other hand see it ruin relationships and such.

Man I wish I coulld help with this one....I cannot stand facebook....dont have one and never will....it may be nice for certain people. I have on the other hand see it ruin relationships and such.

If Facebook can ruin a relationship, there was something else wrong with it in the first place.

Most excellent cover photo Smallie, I like it.

If Facebook can ruin a relationship, there was something else wrong with it in the first place.

Agreed. How could Facebook by itself ruin a relationship?

My guess is someone was doing a little too much poking.....

Facebook I have seen people lose jobs over....am I the only one who saw the Documentary on how bad facebook is for society???? It is ruining personal relationships....people rely on messaging each other instead of picking up the dang phone and actually speaking with someone or going to hang out with them. Pictures can be misunderstood by people...example(and this is true) my fiance gave a kiss on the cheek to her friend that is a girl and we live 3 hours away from where I grew up....well somebody saw that...called my grandmother and asked how I was taking our break up with her becoming a lesbian, so my grandmother calls me and asks how I am doing and what happened!! That is the stuff I am talking about....now imagine how many people down that way where I had lived thought or thinks still this is true because they were never informed that was not correct. A princaple of a school who got fired for making a comment about not feeling like putting up with some of the kids bullcrap the next day at school and got fired the next day because someone ratted her out for it!!

Now if I am crazy then so be it but I am only 26 and my age group are the people using facebook the most and I have many others who think the same thing and do not have a facebook either. Same with twitter....I do not need to know every thought out of somebody elses mind every 30 minutes.....my friends and I pick up a phone and chat or hang out if we want to talk! Maybe others have not ran into it but I am telling you it has happened. People have broken up, friends were lost through comments being said and he said, she said comments and people getting fired from their job? I am sorry but facebook for the people using it properly and keep in touch with others from far away or family and do not put their whole life on their page is somewhat of a different story.

Facebook was also having issues with privacy problems when launching new stuff on their site and all your custom privacy settings would dissapear and go back to where everyone could see. Now they have worked out some kinks since that happened so much, but if people know anything about the business behind facebook .....look how many law suits they have had filed against them, other countries do not want them in their countries and why do you think that is??

All I am saying is there are other and better ways to keep in touch with people and share pictures and what not, yes some businesses and what not benefit from it and it can expose some stuff in a good way but it has people brain washed and all I ever see is people staring at their iphones and smart phones and I just do not get it. It takes away from the solid social fabric of life and real human interaction! If you want to tell your buddy you had a bad day at work. Text or call him, why does it have to be tweeted or put up on facebook? I have said it numerous times but there will be a time that company will crash...I said it about their stock options when they started selling stocks in the company and they sure are not doing so hot with that!

This is just my opinion and to those who say there was something wrong in the relationship before facebook...maybe in some cases but not in the certain ones I have seen or been a part of with what happened with me......me and my fiance laughed it off....but we did nothing wrong and that could have made me mad if I was not so easy going or her mad if she was not the way she is. Then in return people are arguing and it just escalates from there.....it is really a simple concept to understand!

Facebook I have seen people lose jobs over....am I the only one who saw the Documentary on how bad facebook is for society???? It is ruining personal relationships....people rely on messaging each other instead of picking up the dang phone and actually speaking with someone or going to hang out with them. Pictures can be misunderstood by people...example(and this is true) my fiance gave a kiss on the cheek to her friend that is a girl and we live 3 hours away from where I grew up....well somebody saw that...called my grandmother and asked how I was taking our break up with her becoming a lesbian, so my grandmother calls me and asks how I am doing and what happened!! That is the stuff I am talking about....now imagine how many people down that way where I had lived thought or thinks still this is true because they were never informed that was not correct. A princaple of a school who got fired for making a comment about not feeling like putting up with some of the kids bullcrap the next day at school and got fired the next day because someone ratted her out for it!!

Now if I am crazy then so be it but I am only 26 and my age group are the people using facebook the most and I have many others who think the same thing and do not have a facebook either. Same with twitter....I do not need to know every thought out of somebody elses mind every 30 minutes.....my friends and I pick up a phone and chat or hang out if we want to talk! Maybe others have not ran into it but I am telling you it has happened. People have broken up, friends were lost through comments being said and he said, she said comments and people getting fired from their job? I am sorry but facebook for the people using it properly and keep in touch with others from far away or family and do not put their whole life on their page is somewhat of a different story.

Facebook was also having issues with privacy problems when launching new stuff on their site and all your custom privacy settings would dissapear and go back to where everyone could see. Now they have worked out some kinks since that happened so much, but if people know anything about the business behind facebook .....look how many law suits they have had filed against them, other countries do not want them in their countries and why do you think that is??

All I am saying is there are other and better ways to keep in touch with people and share pictures and what not, yes some businesses and what not benefit from it and it can expose some stuff in a good way but it has people brain washed and all I ever see is people staring at their iphones and smart phones and I just do not get it. It takes away from the solid social fabric of life and real human interaction! If you want to tell your buddy you had a bad day at work. Text or call him, why does it have to be tweeted or put up on facebook? I have said it numerous times but there will be a time that company will crash...I said it about their stock options when they started selling stocks in the company and they sure are not doing so hot with that!

This is just my opinion and to those who say there was something wrong in the relationship before facebook...maybe in some cases but not in the certain ones I have seen or been a part of with what happened with me......me and my fiance laughed it off....but we did nothing wrong and that could have made me mad if I was not so easy going or her mad if she was not the way she is. Then in return people are arguing and it just escalates from there.....it is really a simple concept to understand!

Dude, if the place you live or grew up in thinks a kiss on the cheek between friends is a sign of rampant raging homosexuality then you need to be worrying about where you live not facebook

. . . It is ruining personal relationships....people rely on messaging each other instead of picking up the dang phone and actually speaking with someone or going to hang out with them. . . .
You've missed watching JB and GG go back and forth about things on here while they are sitting right by each other! It's hilarious.

Back