Is it too late for Duval to be dominant again?

I feel he can win again, but dominate? No, I think that time has come and gone..

Another question has to be asked. Are you referring to dominant on the tour or at the Golden Coral or CiCi's Pizza? Because I believe he could be incredibly dominant there...HAHA

Another question has to be asked. Are you referring to dominant on the tour or at the Golden Coral or CiCi's Pizza? Because I believe he could be incredibly dominant there...HAHA

Lmao. So wrong. So what you're saying is he still has passion for something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as he keeps the weight on, he should be okay... although it's tough for any golfer to dominate when guys are out shooting 59s.

As long as he keeps the weight on, he should be okay... although it's tough for any golfer to dominate when guys are out shooting 59s.

if that's the only requirement... at least he's done it, and I would consider his 59 the best of the bunch. -13 on a Par 72 course, final round, eagle on the 18th from 6 feet to win and shoot 59

I fully expect him to win again, just not dominate like in his earlier years.

Dominant yes, relative no. Look at the worlds number 1, he lost it, got his head and mind right came and came back to be one of the Thursday-Saturday players in the game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Maybe going to Perky Jerky as his sponsor will help David...

Duval willing to go back to minors

By DOUG FERGUSON (AP Golf Writer) | The Associated Press – Tue, Jan 8, 2013 6:05 PM EST

KAPALUA, Hawaii (AP) -- David Duval spent his first full season of professional golf in the minor leagues, finishing No. 8 on what was then the Nike Tour money list to earn his PGA Tour card. Nearly 20 years later, after a career in which he has won a major, a PGA Tour money title and was No. 1 in the world, Duval is willing to go back.

Duval still doesn't know where he will start his 2013 season, but he figures it will be a year like no other. Duval's only status is as a past champion. His only mission is to start his season next year in Hawaii, whether that's the Tournament of Champions or the Sony Open with full status.

''My wife is excited, I'm excited,'' Duval said over the weekend. ''It's going to be a different year with me the way things have changed for exemptions. I've made it clear that this year is about getting healthy and getting status.''

Duval has endured a number of injuries, the latest a broken toe that kept him from going back to Q-school. He did not return until the Father-Son Challenge last month.

Most tournaments have had their unrestricted sponsor exemptions cut in half to two because the tour is trying to create space for players in a short season.
Duval was disappointed to learn Monday he had been turned down for an exemption to the Humana Challenge, where he delivered one of the most famous moments in tournament history when he shot 59 on the final day to win what was then the Bob Hope Classic. He remains hopeful to get an exemption for Torrey Pines, though he is not standing on the street corner holding out his hat.
His plan is to play - anywhere.

''If I have to go play somewhere, I'll go to the Web.com Tour, too,'' Duval said. ''I'd like to get in that four-week series at the end of the year.''
There are two ways to get into the ''Finals'' to earn back his card - finish from No. 126 to No. 200 in the FedEx Cup points, or be in the top 75 on the Web.com Tour money list. Then, it's a money list built on four $1 million purses with 25 cards available.

''You don't want to count on charity from other people to play,'' Duval said, referring to PGA Tour exemptions. ''You have to a little, but I'm going to play where I need to play to be in Hawaii next year.''

Meanwhile, Duval is returning to Nike, but he left vague specifics of any deal. He was the first player to win a major using Nike Golf clubs in 2001 at the British Open. ''I will be playing all Nike this year. New covert driver, ball, wedges, etc.'' he said on Twitter.

''I'm going to be with them again,'' Duval said when asked about a deal. ''I haven't signed anything. We've agreed to move forward, is the best way to put it.''

Duval then headed out to practice at home in Denver. He said he has been working all winter, even if that means hitting balls in his garage when it's cold. He even jokingly inquired about the three-sided trailer Steve Stricker uses in Wisconsin.

''It's up to me to be ready to play,'' he said.

Link

Interesting. I'll be rooting for him.

I don't think he wants to dominate anymore. He wants to be a husband and a dad that plays golf for a living.

I like that he's not above working for it. Hopefully it comes around for him.

I guess it's never too late to have a resurgence in your career. Look at what Stricker did. I'd love to see him get back to that respectable level where he can win again and be in contention more often.

I like that he's still driven to keep working at it despite playing so awful for so long. I'd like to think he'll earn his status back, but that is because I'm a huge Duval homer. Have been since he rocked the Tommy Hilfiger gear and shot that 59. What a stud!

Everything I've read about him makes it seem like he's a quality guy, willing to work at it and do whatever he has to to come back. Dominant? No. Relevant? Possible, but at this point I'm thinking unlikely. I'd like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong on that.

I like that he's still driven to keep working at it despite playing so awful for so long. I'd like to think he'll earn his status back, but that is because I'm a huge Duval homer. Have been since he rocked the Tommy Hilfiger gear and shot that 59. What a stud!

I want him back for no other reason than I know it would make Jake's day. No lie.

In this age of big money, helpful equipment making good golfers great. It's good to see someone willing to work at it to get is back. He has a great attitude and still has he game. He just has to find it and once he does, I think he'll be a factor again.

I follow him on Twitter and it looks like he didn't get an invite to the old Bob Hope he won. Maybe he'll get more invites, but it's hard to regain status without playing and playing well.

I follow him on Twitter and it looks like he didn't get an invite to the old Bob Hope he won. Maybe he'll get more invites, but it's hard to regain status without playing and playing well.
This is crazy right there! I mean, how long did Daly get "sponsor" invites to play when he didn't have his full time card.

Dominate?? No
Consitantly good player? Yes

I loved it when he was playing well. I remeber the special grudge match they did between him and Tiger. I cant remeber the winner but I do remeber David hitting his driver into a whole behind the huge rock in the fairway. Of all the places in that wide open fairway he bombed it there.

Plus I think his new Nike gear will help him.

Dominate?? No
Consitantly good player? Yes

I loved it when he was playing well. I remeber the special grudge match they did between him and Tiger. I cant remeber the winner but I do remeber David hitting his driver into a whole behind the huge rock in the fairway. Of all the places in that wide open fairway he bombed it there.

Plus I think his new Nike gear will help him.
would it be something if he caught fire twice. Having DD back in the top 10 would be great for golf.

He will be luck to ever win again in my opinion....he lost his passion and drive for the game and his mental toughness is gone too.

This made me chuckle

You can usually spot him at the tournaments though. He looks like the guy that ate David Duval.

Back