Rory McIlroy To Nike?

Rory dodges question about whether he has an option in his contract to go back to his Cameron putter, only says that he's happy with his current putter.

Cindy Davis also doesn't comment on specifics of the contract.

No contract specifics. Cindy squashed that quickly. LMAO

Thanks Cindy. That totally wasn't awkward at all.

No contract specifics. Cindy squashed that quickly. LMAO

Cindy is truly exceptional. A special person that believes in the brand.

Sucks that i can't see any of this. Anyone got a link to it

Sucks that i can't see any of this. Anyone got a link to it

Already over, sure it will be online shortly somewhere. Will see if I can find.

It's was just Rory, blabbing about how Nike is great. Nike have gone so over the top with it by that point, that I simply don't care anymore.

It's was just Rory, blabbing about how Nike is great. Nike have gone so over the top with it by that point, that I simply don't care anymore.

Fair enough. I would be very worried if Rory came out and just answered with "meh" when asked about his new Nike gear.

I suppose if they have signed the best player in the world they are entitled to shout from the roof tops because you can sure bet every other OEM would have wanted him and if they are paying $250m they can do what they want|

Thanks for the link, Cookie.

I suppose if they have signed the best player in the world they are entitled to shout from the roof tops because you can sure bet every other OEM would have wanted him and if they are paying $250m they can do what they want|

Good word choice because it looked like the press conference was on an open air rooftop.

I posted this in another Rory thread:

I see both sides of what I'm about to propose, so I'm not sure which way a pro would see it... I think it's possibly a little of both. Perhaps JB or someone can shed some light.

Wich way does it go for a Pro when it comes to switching clubs?
1) They are so good and pay so much attention to detail, that the most minute differences in their new equipment can throw them off or bother them.
2) They are so good, that they could play with pretty much any brand and be successful. After all, it's 2013 and most all of the major brands' golf equipment is technologicaly advanced.

I can see it being a little of both. Maybe a driver or iron feels different or sounds different. Maybe they'd prefer the sound of one club over another brand. But, given time to acclimate to their new equpiment I sort of feel like the results would be similar regardless of OEM. Then again, maybe they just don't like a certain brand and that could make it hard for them to get use to it.

So JB, by the statement below, would you say you lean toward #2?

Here is an honest question. Each year or at the least every 2 years, the guys change equipment anyway. Nick changed equipment all the time. What is the huge difference between a change with in a brand to a new driver, new set of irons, etc or a change to another brand?

After spending some time with some professional athletes, the equipment they are playing is so overstated as to the reason they are winning its ridiculous.

I love press conferences where everybody already knows what is going to be said.

Maybe so, but it's getting a lot of coverage. They reached what they set out to do.

I think with Rory's answer on the putter then its kinda obvious he has the option to change however he'll look kinda stupid if he changes after he said he liked the method with such authority.

I think with Rory's answer on the putter then its kinda obvious he has the option to change however he'll look kinda stupid if he changes after he said he liked the method with such authority.

Like Tiger at the British Open a few years ago?

That new commercial is awesome. Those two together are going to be dangerous. Tiger is such a stud. Classy, athletic, confident. That welcoming he gave to Rory, unlike all the others, felt genuine. The others felt kind of scripted? Lol

Competitor UnderArmour "unveiled" their new face of the company today. Must feel like fail to do so as Nike &Rory get going on press conference .

Android by choice.

Back