Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R1 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will be a killer for some and then for others it'll be a lot about the shaft. Interesting that they went back to the Phenom for this release
I am really intrigued to see what results people see when tinkering with the loft, especially when they go up near the 12* setting.

I am really intrigued to see what results people see when tinkering with the loft, especially when they go up near the 12* setting.

As am I. Did you hit it stock or get a chance to jack it up a little? (If it needs to be moved to the preview thread go for it and my bad!)

I think this will be a killer for some and then for others it'll be a lot about the shaft. Interesting that they went back to the Phenom for this release

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

As am I. Did you hit it stock or get a chance to jack it up a little? (If it needs to be moved to the preview thread go for it and my bad!)
Go check that thread...

1. What driver are you currently playing - Taylor Made R11
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? - Aldila RIP Alpha 70-XX
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid to low
4. What loft are you playing in your driver? - 8 Degree
5. Are you able to play golf right now? - Yes

This post gave me an idea. High-launch low-spin is very hard to get, but what if someone put a very low launch, very low spin shaft in this and put it on th 12* setting. It will still go low and spin a bit, but it might get a bit more carry with roll-out.

No idea how a forum testing sign up dropped to page 2.

Great buzz going on about this testing opportunity! Can't wait to hear the in-hand thoughts

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Looking forward to seeing who is chosen for this awesome testing opportunity, thanks THP and TM

Would love the opportunity to test the R1. Have never owned a TaylorMade driver. I got fit on a Trackman 2 years ago, and the Razr out-performed the R11 at that point for me. Still have the data to prove it - so it would be awesome to see how the R1 stacks up!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Mitsubishi Diamana Kai Li stiff.
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Low ballflight. I rarely ever hit the ball on a 'high' trajectory.
4. What loft are you playing in your driver? 10.5
5. Are you able to play golf right now? YES. Not only do I have 2 trips coming up to warmer climates, there is a driving range I frequent weekly, and courses have opened back up recently. I'd imagine I am still a month+ away from playing regularly up here due to the timid winter - but in that month I'll be teeing it up quite a bit on 2 trips.

I'd really love to test this. Compare it to my R11. The R1 appears to be a beast.

This one is going to be a monster, gonna be 7 lucky guys. Anyone aware of plans for the timing of selections? Haven't seen anything posted, but it's possible that I might have missed it.

This one is going to be a monster, gonna be 7 lucky guys. Anyone aware of plans for the timing of selections? Haven't seen anything posted, but it's possible that I might have missed it.

I believe JB said a couple more days at some point either Sunday or Monday. I would assume the next couple of days they will announce it

Yesterday JB said signups would be open for another day or 2. My guess is maybe Friday.

Testers will be announced tomorrow.

Awesome! Make sure to get your info in guys. This is an awesome opportunity. After spending quite a bit of time on the app I think people are going to be amazed at just how many ways you can get this thing dialed in

I bet there will be some happy people tomorrow!

I bet there will be some happy people tomorrow!

hopefully two guys i know....
one from upstate NY and the other from Columbus PA.

1. What driver are you currently playing? TaylorMade R11
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock shaft R flec
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid slight draw
4. What loft are you playing in your driver? 10.5
5. Are you able to play golf right now? Played yesterday!!!!

1. What driver are you currently playing?
Cobra AMP Offset

2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
Aldila RIP 55g, stiff flex

3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver?
Straight to something in the gentle fade / block slightly right realm. Trajectory is pretty high.

4. What loft are you playing in your driver?

5. Are you able to play golf right now?
Yes, definitely.

There's going to be 7 real happy THPer's tomorrow. Seems like this club has a lot of people interested, it's going to be a great testing. I'm excited to see what kind of results people get with the R1 and how they improved on last years R11S which is the best driver I've ever hit.

I'm pretty excited for this testing to start. Good luck to all the hopeful testers out there.

Going to be a fun day watching these testers selected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back