Nike ONE RZN Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Nike Golf utilizes innovative RZN technology to create revolutionary distance for amateurs with the ONE RZN golf ball.

ONE RZN is the latest edition to the RZN family, incorporating groundbreaking technology into a golf ball suitable for a wider range of players. ONE RZN features the same larger, softer RZN core found in the new Nike 20XI tour ball, but with a slightly different formulation. This formulation is dialed and designed for increased distance when it counts.

RZN replaces conventional rubber cores with a radical new game-changing material. RZN is a highly neutralized polymer that’s faster and lighter, engineered to produce longer distance and more controlled shots.

With tour proven results, Nike Golf ball engineers sought to enhance the already innovative RZN technology. Refining the formula to increase core size and performance, engineers worked to create an even faster engine for the new generation of golf balls. This larger, softer RZN core improves feel off all shots while maintaining driver distance.

“With ONE RZN, we are able to bring revolutionary advances in golf balls to a wider range of athletes,” said Rock Ishii, Nike Golf’s Product Development Director for golf balls. “There’s not a product out there in this category of golf ball that has technology of this magnitude.”

ONE RZN will be available in two versions, ONE RZN and ONE RZN X. With ONE RZN, players can expect to experience longer and straighter shots with softer feel on impact. ONE RZN X will deliver longer, more penetrating shots by generating maximum velocity on impact.

Both versions of the ONE RZN will be available globally, February 1, 2013.

MAP - $29.99

I would like to try these out. See if the RZN core makes a difference.

RZN at a better price point? I'm going to give them a try. I've liked every other Nike ball I've tried.

• Admin
RZN at a better price point? I'm going to give them a try. I've liked every other Nike ball I've tried.

I dont seem to see a mention of cover. I believe that will be the difference.

I agree that the price point really make these interesting. Would like to give these a try.

I dont seem to see a mention of cover. I believe that will be the difference.

Very true. I like that a lot of companies are coming out with a ball that's in that "middle" price point. There was a large gap between $30 and $40 (what would be $25 and $35 in the US), so I like that it's filling up now.

worth at shot at $30 price point

I like that the perceived quality is improving at this price point from all the manufacturers. Golf is an expensive sport to begin with and to have the best technology in the piece of the game that is replaced most frequently gets REALLY expensive. Hopefully I'll have a chance to try a sleeve of these out come summer.

Nike always seems to put a lot of value on their balls...well, I think it would be better at say $26.99. What's three bucks though eh?

I would be interested in giving these a try, and at the price point it is not a big deal to do it.

wonder how this will compare to the vapor ball of a few years ago. I actually really liked that ball a lot. Price point seems to be good

Increased distance is always a good thing, and a good price point at that!

Really looking forward to giving this ball a go.

So this isn't replacing the 20XI? Seems that is a bit overdue. Never played a resin ball before but I'm willing to try. Would have been awesome to see a urethane/tour ball at 30$ price point!

Always like Nike One line. Cant wait to try out. Im wondering if the only difference is the cover compared to 20xi

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So this isn't replacing the 20XI? Seems that is a bit overdue. Never played a resin ball before but I'm willing to try. Would have been awesome to see a urethane/tour ball at 30$ price point!

I may be wrong. But, I think this is the first resin ball in the market.

20XI was first resin

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of cover? Urethane?

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I'm a beliver in technology can help a persons game and Nike's RZN could be it for golf balls. A couple years of real world testing with RZN I think this well be an improvment.

I'm intrigued. Looking forward to giving these a try.

Glad to see Nike coming out with a mid priced, possibly higher caliber ball. Might have to give this a look as it sounds pretty interesting.

Crazy to me that Nike is introducing 4 new $25 and up balls this year. The new 20XI series is supposed to be a big improvement and I'm sure if Rory wins big with it then it will sell mass quantities. Going to follow this thread to read feedback on the new ONE RZN series after they hit shelves.

Saw the One RZN balls ($29.99) well as the new 20XI balls ($45.99) at Golf Galaxy today. The One RZN balls have an ionomer cover. Guess I was hoping for a mid-priced urethane ball from Nike. They actually have a cool limited edition 12 pack with 2 sleeves of the One RZN balls and 2 sleeves of the 20XI balls for $34.99. Not a bad deal if you want to try all 4 offerings.

Back