Project X XV Shaft Line Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV got a chance to speak with Project X about their new line of shafts coming out.

Very good interview. I'm looking forward to hopefully trying the new PX offerings this year. They look awesome.

Really love the options out their for lightweight shafts and the stability behind them. Really large market for these lightweight shafts, also really impressive.

I really want to try out that V52 shaft. I have a love/hate relationship with PX graphite shafts. I think it just comes down to what head it's in for me. Either way these are on my must try list.

Interesting stuff. I love the original PX driver shafts, but I wasn't a fan of the PX Black on my Fit TA last year. I'm curious to see how an even lighter version performs.

Amazing how light they got these shafts, sounds like a couple huge winners!

39g? I want to hit it. That's crazy light, a bit lighter than what is in the CG Black.

39g? I want to hit it. That's crazy light, a bit lighter than what is in the CG Black.
And the 39 is RAW. 36.25 cut and trimmed.

You should feel it in hand, when they handed it to me at demo day I just kind of laughed. SO LIGHT!

I'm like you though, I want to hit it. I do.

And the 39 is RAW. 36.25 cut and trimmed.

You should feel it in hand, when they handed it to me at demo day I just kind of laughed. SO LIGHT!

I'm like you though, I want to hit it. I do.
The CG Black has the C Kua 39S in it, but it weighs in at, I believe, 43g. It's light as heck, I really cant imagine going much lighter than that, but who cares! I want to hit it!

39g is crazy light.. I can't help but wonder whether control goes out the door at that weight, but moreso in that I want to hit them to see first hand!

Gotta be adding MPH onto swings like crazy.

39g is crazy light.. I can't help but wonder whether control goes out the door at that weight, but moreso in that I want to hit them to see first hand!

Gotta be adding MPH onto swings like crazy.
One would think that control would be an issue, but steady tempo and balance in a swing for many with could lead to better results with a lighter shaft. Case in point; Me.

One would think that control would be an issue, but steady tempo and balance in a swing for many with could lead to better results with a lighter shaft. Case in point; Me.

That's what intrigues me so much -- I'm a sucker for the heavier shaft offerings because of how it keeps my swing in control, but I know that's totally different for other people.

Hurry up and own these buddy, I want to hear your thoughts haha!

I'm a huge Project X graphite fan, that's a great interview. I can't wait to check the new graphite, I hit the 6.0 steel in the Xforged and it was fantastic

If I'm not mistaken, the PXV is the stock shaft in the X hot so I know I will be trying it soon. I became a fan of the PX series last year as the stock option throughout the Bridgestone line, interested to see what lighter can do for me.

I think like you do, I think ultra light just makes tempo more important than ever.

That's what intrigues me so much -- I'm a sucker for the heavier shaft offerings because of how it keeps my swing in control, but I know that's totally different for other people.

Hurry up and own these buddy, I want to hear your thoughts haha!

You would think being an older guy, I would love the light weight offerings but I have yet to see one I prefer. Hey it might work this time around so I'm not ruling them out.

Hey guys, just a little more info on the 39. Our original goal was to make a sub 40 shaft that was durable and fit for the market, that took about 8 years. We originally assumed because of its weight and specs it would end up as a Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue type shaft, higher launching, higher spinning. We sent out samples to our employees who are better players and some friends of TT and the over whelming feedback was that it hit knuckleballs, a little higher launch than PX Black but still low spin, definitely ProLaunch Blue. They also said it was remarkably stable for any shaft, not just a sub 40. There were two players on the Euro tour hitting it last year.

As for any questions about it holding up, we had a long driver whose competition head speed is 205-208 try it at demo day, the 6.5 was a little spinny for him (But his gamer is a HOF long drive shaft, any normal shaft would be spinny for him). He was trying to snap it, even hit two off the paint on the heel and she held up.

I look forward to the feedback from you guys.

-Don
(The good looking bald dude in the video)

Hey guys, just a little more info on the 39. Our original goal was to make a sub 40 shaft that was durable and fit for the market, that took about 8 years. We originally assumed because of its weight and specs it would end up as a Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue type shaft, higher launching, higher spinning. We sent out samples to our employees who are better players and some friends of TT and the over whelming feedback was that it hit knuckleballs, a little higher launch than PX Black but still low spin, definitely ProLaunch Blue. They also said it was remarkably stable for any shaft, not just a sub 40. There were two players on the Euro tour hitting it last year.

As for any questions about it holding up, we had a long driver whose competition head speed is 205-208 try it at demo day, the 6.5 was a little spinny for him (But his gamer is a HOF long drive shaft, any normal shaft would be spinny for him). He was trying to snap it, even hit two off the paint on the heel and she held up.

I look forward to the feedback from you guys.

-Don
(The good looking bald dude in the video)

Wow, that's impressive. Will the 39
Come in an x stiff?

Don, thanks for the additional info!

I absolutely loved this line. Better than a Tour AD. Best shaft I've ever hit.

Wow, that's impressive. Will the 39
Come in an x stiff?

We will have it in a 6.5. Our Euro Players that were using it were in the 6.0 prototype.

We will have it in a 6.5. Our Euro Players that were using it were in the 6.0 prototype.

Thanks. I very much want to hit the 6.5!

What is the tip size for the X Hot Pro hybrid PXv shaft? Will the hybrid shafts be available aftermarket?

Nice, more super light shafts this year. I'd like to see how this stacks up against the B.Asha.

Back