FootJoy HydroLiteTM Rainwear Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

FJ, the #1 outerwear brand in golf, introduces a new rainwear category called FJ HydroLiteTM. Designed to protect players from wet conditions on warmer days, FJ HydroLite is the lightest rainwear ever produced by FJ.

As with all FJ apparel and outerwear, FJ HydroLite is made specifically for golf. The versatile 2.5-layer fabric is stretchable, waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable. It combines four-way stretch shell fabric with a waterproof barrier and smooth finish on the inside. The ultra-lightweight construction is ideal for layering and packing in your golf bag, yet still delivers waterproof protection up to 20,000mm of water column pressure.

"All of our outerwear pieces are designed to complement our highly successful layering strategy that aims to Make Every Day Playable," said Whitney Trimble, Director of Marketing, FJ Apparel. "FJ HydroLite is ideal for players in all conditions - whether it's a layering piece in cool, wet conditions, or as an outer shell for protection during warm, wet days."

FEATURES/BENEFITS

• 2.5 Layer Bonded Fabric is stretchable, lightweight, waterproof,
breathable and highly packable
• 20,000mm Waterproof Protection in even the wettest conditions
• Xtreme DWR Finish beads water off the garment
• New YKK Waterproof Main Zipper resists leaking
• Inside and Outside Storm Flaps offer protection in wind and rain

This latest category from FJ, offers a wide range of options for players, including a Full-Zip Jacket (one available with zip-off sleeves), Pullover Rain Shirt, Short Sleeve Rain Shirt and Rain Pants.

A print ad, featuring FJ player Zach Johnson will run in golf weekly and print publications to support the launch of this new category. FJ HydroLite rainwear is tour-proven as it has been tested on the PGA Tour over the last six months.

PRICING
Rain Jacket: MSRP $180
Rain Shirt: MSRP $170
Short Sleeve Rain Shirt: MSRP $150
Rain Pants: MSRP $115

AVAILABILITY
Available beginning March 15, 2013.

One of the few things I havent purchased is proper rain gear, sounds like a nice variety of options available from FJ

Im in need to good rain gear. I like the fact that its designed to be used in different temperature ranges.

I need a truly waterproof set of rainwear as well. Everything I have is resistant, but not designed for the downpours I occasionally end up in. Price is probably more than I can spend, but you get what you pay for.

Hopefully this is an upgrade from their previous offerings which to me have been a disappointment, especially at that price point.

Hopefully this is an upgrade from their previous offerings which to me have been a disappointment, especially at that price point.

Agree'd Jrod. Too many better offerings at that price point previously.

Can you guys expand a little? Just curious since I've never tried it.

I had the FJ Tour rain gear and it leaked through the zipper and neck area's. MY Stormfit is so much more comfortable, breathable, doesn't leak and cost probably half the price.

I had three people return jackets from feeling dampness or full on getting wet through the material. FJ did a great job at replacing the items right away, but compare that to the amount of other products sold:return ratio over the same summer, another company comes to mind at being a little better for a similar price.

Right on guys. Hopefully this line is an improvement then. I can see a cheapo jacket like I have leaking, but not at this level.

Seems like a pretty solid offering from FJ. I need some rain gear.

I love the looks of a lot of FJ's rain wear offerings but holy smokes it's spendy!

My cheap rainsuit could use an upgrade.
This just may be the one for me.

I have never owned a rainsuit......ever.

this sounds great. I think the price points are great too

I have never owned a rainsuit......ever.
dude, rain pants are awesome. I bought a pair a few years ago and love them.

I had the FJ Tour rain gear and it leaked through the zipper and neck area's. MY Stormfit is so much more comfortable, breathable, doesn't leak and cost probably half the price.

JRod's feedback of the FJ line and why he was wearing the Nike StormFit while in Ohio, is one of the reasons why I opted for the StormFit instead. Much more affordable and so far, the StormFit has been amazing. I just can't see me ponying up that kind of cash, when as others have said, there are cheaper and apparently better options out there. I love the look of the FJ stuff, it's just priced a little out of my range.

JRod's feedback of the FJ line and why he was wearing the Nike StormFit while in Ohio, is one of the reasons why I opted for the StormFit instead. Much more affordable and so far, the StormFit has been amazing. I just can't see me ponying up that kind of cash, when as others have said, there are cheaper and apparently better options out there. I love the look of the FJ stuff, it's just priced a little out of my range.

I had the exact same issue with the previous FJ line Prefer the Cross and Sunice stuff personally. So many great options out there.

I have FJ raingear for nearly 2 years now and it's by far the best raingear i have ever owned. At these prices you will get a lot of bang for your buck

Back