The Journey To Texas - The THP Tour Van

Do you guys have 1st night stop already planned or do you just see how far you end up and wing it from there?

Wow from 2-4 to 16-22?? That's crazy talk. I really like the new "van" and hope you guys have a great trip. Duke looks comfy, that's all that matters. Lol

Do you guys have 1st night stop already planned or do you just see how far you end up and wing it from there?

We are just going to wing it. I never thought I would say this but I love sleeping in Walmart parking lots haha.

Although, with the van we will look for a hotel, we just need to make sure they are pet friendly.

The tour van is just outside FSUville and Duke decided go watch TV with his dad.

devu3aze.jpg

Riding in style!! I dig it!

during race season i spend a lot of nights in walmart parking lots... walmart encourages this, they are a truck friendly company. thats why the parking lots are so well lit.

What route are y'all taking? Wasn't sure if you would be passing through this town or not.

during race season i spend a lot of nights in walmart parking lots... walmart encourages this, they are a truck friendly company. thats why the parking lots are so well lit.

They are great. Plus they all have 24 hour monitored security making it very safe, and you can stop and get any supplies you need at that time. I have really enjoyed our Walmart stays. I even have favorites, such as the one in Charleston because it had a huge grassy area where we played ball with the dogs.

I'd just go inside the Walmart and sleep in their bedding section. They have some soft pillows, pull a lawn chair from the patio section over and you're SET!

Our route takes us through Hattiesburg, MS. I believe we head north once we get to Mobile,AL. It's basically taking us I-10 to I-20.

Sounds good. I-20 runs right though here (actually about 2 miles from my house), so I'll be watching during the day for the van to come through.

Anywhere from 16-22 mpg depending on the speed and the traffic.

My car is not much better than that on mileage. That's really good for a van that size.

Just remember, don't be the one driving and taking photos...

Safe travels. If you want to take the long way through Atlanta, I know a guy...

We just changed time zones! Take that day light savings we just got our hour back.

I saw that tweet earlier, have a safe trip and I look forward to seeing plenty of pics from the event

We are just going to wing it. I never thought I would say this but I love sleeping in Walmart parking lots haha.

Although, with the van we will look for a hotel, we just need to make sure they are pet friendly.

I bet the new van could draw quite a crowd in a Walmart parking lot.

haha Your parents must be so proud!

It is a great place to snooze & there's one just about everywhere!

haha Your parents must be so proud!

It is a great place to snooze & there's one just about everywhere!

Better to sleep in a van at Wal-Mart, than a van down by the river!

I'd just go inside the Walmart and sleep in their bedding section. They have some soft pillows, pull a lawn chair from the patio section over and you're SET!

Cmon now buddy. You were on the old Tour Van, we had all of that plus a whole lot more. :D

Just grabbed a quick lunch at Whataburger. There are not any in Sarasota or Greenville, so GG had never been. I miss the old one in Tampa. Great burgers for fast food and their spicy ketchup is delicious.

yqyzyqu2.jpg

Just grabbed a quick lunch at Whataburger. There are not any in Sarasota or Greenville, so GG had never been. I miss the old one in Tampa. Great burgers for fast food and their spicy ketchup is delicious.

That's not fair JB, I could really go for a burger about now after reading that

delicious

I'm dumbfounded. The nearest one in the Tampa Bay area is in Jacksonville. That can't be right can it?

In Mobile?

Back