Odyssey White Hot Pro Putters - V-Line - THP Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of the newer lines of Odyssey putters for 2013, featuring a very attractive price point and a staggering sixteen different shapes. The version I'll be testing is called the V-Line, "a perimeter-weighted mallet with a modified Hi-Def alignment system." Head weight on this one is 350g.

Here's some information on the White Hot Pro Series.

Tour Tested. Leaderboard Proven.

The White Hot Pro line features tried and true Tour models, a Gun Metal PVD finish and the most consistent, best feeling White Hot insert we’ve ever created. With more wins, top-10s and usage across the world’s Tours, our inserts have become an iconic part of the game. Through consistent testing with the best players in the world, our engineers have developed a new and improved White Hot insert that is more consistent in sound, feel and performance across the entire striking surface.

More Consistent Sound and Feel
New and improved White Hot insert is highly engineered to create more consistent sound, feel and performance through impact.

New Laser Milling Insert Cutting Process

Allows us to achieve extremely tight tolerances for more consistent performance across the striking surface than ever before.

Options For All Players
Includes a handful of major-winning, Tour proven head shapes. We’ve also developed new head shapes, including a high MOI mallet with a modified Hi-Def alignment system (V-Line) and a smaller version of the popular D.A.R.T. Putter (D.A.R.T. Mini).

Reduces Glare
Tour inspired Gun Metal PVD finish creates an industrial, non-glare look at address and through the stroke, and the PVD process increases wear resistance for incredible durability.

Our Promise for Odyssey White Hot Pro Putters
An Odyssey Putter is a promise made. Sure, we design each of our putters to help you slay more demons and sink more putts. But we also design them to withstand any kind of punishment you can dish out and we back them up with an Odyssey assurance of quality. We rarely see a putter returned, but if you find a defect within a two-year period, we'll repair it or replace it. No questions asked. And that's a promise kept.

DSCN2396-L.jpg

DSCN2400-L.jpg

DSCN2401-L.jpg

DSCN2402-L.jpg

DSCN2398-L.jpg

DSCN2399-L.jpg

DSCN2403-L.jpg

DSCN2391-L.jpg

That's a nice looking putter. It's like an extended Rossi.

Nice Hawk, glad to see you get one of these in hand. Out of 16 different shapes, I would like trying this in a CS straight shaft model. Heard good things of this new insert, curious as to your thoughts on it during the review.

• Staff
Rolled a few putts with it for a minute downstairs. I like the flat sole. Sets up pretty good and has the typical ultra quiet sound that the White Hot inserts offer. Those are just thoughts gathered in 5 minutes time, but I'll have more soon.

I'd like to see the other models they are talking about. Or maybe that model in a CS. I like the face with PRO written on it, nice touch

I am not a fan of the shape at all. I do want to get some time with the new insert, though.

That's nice and sleek. It looks awesome to me.

Its a good looking putter, I've never used an Odyssey putter, but. Could see this joining the coral. I will say I've never had a problem with glare of any club ever. So this is something that is Greek to me honestly.

i saw one of these today at golf galaxy got a chance to roll it i like the head shape reminds me of the #5 protype but with a white hot insert.

I'm thinking I may end up with one of these to go against the Versa that is in the bag already.

I don't usually do mallets, but I like this one fine. Pretty nice shape to it.

Hello gorgeous! Wow, Hawk, that one is beautiful!

This is a nice looking putter club Hawk, cant wait to hear your thoughts on this bad boy.

Is this the one YE Yang is using?

Nice to see odyssey finally get the golo shape. Or close to it.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

I like the face with PRO written on it, nice touch

Very nice looking, but I'm wondering if I can get one that says "Novice" instead :)

I really like the shape of this putter.

Ive been rolling this putter for a about 2 weeks now! Amazed at the ease of alignment and its soft feel. Others have said its is the same insert in the versa but ive rolled the versa and the v line side by side and there was no question the v line felt softer to me.

Tapping away on my S3

Ive been rolling this putter for a about 2 weeks now! Amazed at the ease of alignment and its soft feel. Others have said its is the same insert in the versa but ive rolled the versa and the v line side by side and there was no question the v line felt softer to me.

Tapping away on my S3
Which one are you rolling?

Sharp looking putter, reminds me of my ghost manta (which I love!), I'll check back to hear our thoughts. Good luck captain hawk

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

That's a good looking flatstick right there

I am liking the look of that model, so depending on the price over here it might just be thrown in the ponder bag

Will have to see if I can find anywhere round here that has got one

That one really doesn't do it for me. Is be interested in other shapes.

Back